Autopsy Round 4 vs St. Kilda @ MARVEL - 08/04/23 - 7:30pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Saints are due for a loss and it would be a classic suns start to the year. Complete disappointment in the first two rounds and then two strong wins back to back

Flanders out for Davies the only change for me.

Humphrey and Andrew could both easily slot in, but can’t fault the effort or application from anyone today to take out, which I can’t believe I’m saying after the first 2 weeks. Humphrey over Davies even possible given Flanders is playing more of a forward role.

No Jack Steele. No Max King.

Carlton were also 3-0 going into our round 4 clash against them last year and we gave them a lesson that night. Let's make history repeat itself in this one!

Last edited:
I'm just going Humphrey for flanders, Sexton as sub again. Mac Andrew is certainly putting pressure on but after a win happy to stick with minimal changes.
One thing I like about Humphrey is his ability to kick the ball from outside 50. Very much needed. His goal today in the VFL was nice. I’m not opposed to him getting a few more games in at VFL though, but kid can play.

If we are just moving the magnets, I’d have Hollands play the forward a lot more with the Flanders injury, or bring Sexton in full time and make another player Sub.

Ross has the Saints firing . They are running hard both ways and showing total commitment.

That's how the Suns played today and it will take nothing less than that level of performance to give the Suns a chance of knocking them over.

I'm really looking forward to this game.

No doubt the Saints will start warm favorites but if GC can bring it like they did against the Cats , they are a big chance.

I think this is a huge game for the Suns. A win away against an undefeated Vic side would really make the critics sit up and take notice.

I rewatched Essendon after watching a replay of yesterdays game
We so should have won that
I really thought we could have been 0-5
If we can eke out another win in the next fortnight and be 2-3 I'd take that
I really do believe we'll get better as the year goes on
Super worried about Wittsy though- he's gonna kill himself
Can we name Ned as sub and give him a quarter ?

Hi all I'm on the gold coast on holidays and would like to go to a suns training session so the kids can get some signatures what days and time do they train

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I rewatched Essendon after watching a replay of yesterdays game
We so should have won that
I really thought we could have been 0-5
If we can eke out another win in the next fortnight and be 2-3 I'd take that
I really do believe we'll get better as the year goes on
Super worried about Wittsy though- he's gonna kill himself
Can we name Ned as sub and give him a quarter ?

Or do you play Chol as the sub? More mature & versatile than Moyle. Might make Chol more accountable/physical.

Going to this game, will be my first of the year. We are in with a chance to go 2-2 here so picked a good one to be about for.

Would have thought minimal change to the line up where possible, Flanders, Hollands and Ace probably the 3 that could make way. We aren't short of players in the 2's who could make a claim for their spots which is a great place to be.

If Flanders was hurt, Humphrey would be the obvious like for like change as a high forward.

Going to this game, will be my first of the year. We are in with a chance to go 2-2 here so picked a good one to be about for.

Would have thought minimal change to the line up where possible, Flanders, Hollands and Ace probably the 3 that could make way. We aren't short of players in the 2's who could make a claim for their spots which is a great place to be.

If Flanders was hurt, Humphrey would be the obvious like for like change as a high forward.
Wouldn't mind us bringing in Humphrey for Flanders. Tempted to bring in Andrew but no idea who he'd replace. Another run in the twos won't hurt.

I reckon bring Rosas out for Humphrey
Yeah for his talent he really seems to be struggling, think from 21 games he is averaging 8 possessions and has kicked 14 goals. If you take out a couple of three goal hauls thats a lot of games without a goal, mind you he has kicked a few points in that time

Yeah for his talent he really seems to be struggling, think from 21 games he is averaging 8 possessions and has kicked 14 goals. If you take out a couple of three goal hauls thats a lot of games without a goal, mind you he has kicked a few points in that time
He's definitely having an "almost season."
He's getting to his spots but just not getting goals.

On SM-G996B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Good stuff, mate. The Vic Army is really important in a game like this where we can really ignite our season with a win. I know the boys love the support they get when the Vic Army shows up and I've personally been in the stadium when they are there making noise and it is definitely noticeable!

Our next three matches against St Kilda (away), Fremantle (neutral) and North (home) are huge. We should really be hoping to win at least two of those games and beating St Kilda this weekend would be a great way to start what should be a good stretch of football for us. Starting the season 3-3 is very doable at this stage and I wouldn't be surprised if we go 4-2 if we find a way to beat the Saints.

Let's f'n go!

A little unfair I think.
Agree he hasn't had the best start to the season but still had 5 scoring shots in 2 games. Just missed a few absolute sitters.
Laced out a few team mates with beautiful attacking kicks each week.

The games in 2021 just shouldn't even count. He was playing midfield in the 2's most of the time and then thrown in as a small forward in the 1's - never really had a chance to even know what his role really was.

Last year he showed for the first time he had the capacity to potentially be an AFL level player. Although certainly wasn't consistent 7-8 tackles some weeks, 1-2 tackles other weeks. 3 goals 1 week and then nothing for a fortnight.

Think he's a bit of a confidence player.
With more experience he should continue to gain a bit of consistency. There is certainly an AFL player there.

A little unfair I think.
Agree he hasn't had the best start to the season but still had 5 scoring shots in 2 games. Just missed a few absolute sitters.
Laced out a few team mates with beautiful attacking kicks each week.

The games in 2021 just shouldn't even count. He was playing midfield in the 2's most of the time and then thrown in as a small forward in the 1's - never really had a chance to even know what his role really was.

Last year he showed for the first time he had the capacity to potentially be an AFL level player. Although certainly wasn't consistent 7-8 tackles some weeks, 1-2 tackles other weeks. 3 goals 1 week and then nothing for a fortnight.

Think he's a bit of a confidence player.
With more experience he should continue to gain a bit of consistency. There is certainly an AFL player there.
Only saying it cos he has ability but compared to Jeffery he still seems a little nervous especially around goals and it's his 4th year in the system

Hi all I'm on the gold coast on holidays and would like to go to a suns training session so the kids can get some signatures what days and time do they train

I think suns do their main session 3 days before the game. So tomorrow? Around 9am

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back