Autopsy Round 4 vs St. Kilda @ MARVEL - 08/04/23 - 7:30pm

Remove this Banner Ad

I’m a QLDer so have adopted the Suns a ‘second team’.

It is fairly clear that GC is the least organised team in the AFL.

The midfield is too one paced. Anderson, Miller and Rowell are a great first 3. But there needs more class and power.

Dew does need to go and the list needs a refresh.

We were pushed out of the contest with ease and they broke tackles time and time again.

I've been wondering since pre season why we celebrate the fact guys are losing weight. Anderson and hollands are the 2 I would have loved to see put on some size and become big bodies in the middle, even if they lost a little endurance. Powell you can see is looking much stronger and has started his comeback brilliantly.

Here’s a list to start things off. Take you pick:

• Nathan Buckley
    Justin Leppitsch
    Robert Harvey
    Adem Yve
    Scott Burns

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Here’s a list to start things off. Take you pick:

• Nathan Buckley
    Justin Leppitsch
    Robert Harvey
    Adem Yve
    Scott Burns

Looks like Dew stays if Thats the list

Surely they wouldn’t go with untried coach again

90% of our inside 50 entries were long bombs in hope which didn’t give any of our forwards a genuine chance to mark the ball. I don’t know why we can’t lower our eyes and honour a damn lead it’s simple football. Only 1 Mark inside 50 to 3 quarter time is an absolute disgrace.

What a bitterly disappointing performance that was.Honestly thought we were a realistic chance ,but after
a promising first quarter just fell away like the mediocre team we are.

POSITIVES
Not many
1 Anderson and Collins back in form.
2 Humphries showed real promise
3 Moyle competed well but still raw.

NEGATIVES ( where do I start)
1 Lack of basic skills particularly around goals is appalling for this level.
2 How do we have so many tall forwards yet were totally out marked all night (lack of effort)
3 Too many players for various reasons not AFL standard .
4.King and Jeffery both need to be dropped there form is below AFL level.
5.Too many players contributed nothing to help the team .
Anderson Collins Powell Weller MacPherson Casboult Holman Humphries Moyle get a pass mark.
6 Any chance we had of doing something positive this season ended last night.
7 Will battle with West Coast and Hawthorn for wooden spoon.
The AFL not Gold Coast will make the decision on next coach .
Serious doubt Dew last to the end of the year.
Club needs another complete overall starting with all the coaches and in particular list manager Craig Cameron
who has been a complete disaster in all ways .
Off to see the the grandchildren to brighten up my day . Life goes on .
Have a good Easter Sunday.
Cheers.

What a bitterly disappointing performance that was.Honestly thought we were a realistic chance ,but after
a promising first quarter just fell away like the mediocre team we are.

POSITIVES
Not many
1 Anderson and Collins back in form.
2 Humphries showed real promise
3 Moyle competed well but still raw.

NEGATIVES ( where do I start)
1 Lack of basic skills particularly around goals is appalling for this level.
2 How do we have so many tall forwards yet were totally out marked all night (lack of effort)
3 Too many players for various reasons not AFL standard .
4.King and Jeffery both need to be dropped there form is below AFL level.
5.Too many players contributed nothing to help the team .
Anderson Collins Powell Weller MacPherson Casboult Holman Humphries Moyle get a pass mark.
6 Any chance we had of doing something positive this season ended last night.
7 Will battle with West Coast and Hawthorn for wooden spoon.
The AFL not Gold Coast will make the decision on next coach .
Serious doubt Dew last to the end of the year.
Club needs another complete overall starting with all the coaches and in particular list manager Craig Cameron
who has been a complete disaster in all ways .
Off to see the the grandchildren to brighten up my day . Life goes on .
Have a good Easter Sunday.
Cheers.
:(

I got the Nurse to wake me up from my nice morphine induced sleep for this....

We have some dumb footballers on our list.

We have some very soft footballers on our list.

We have an absolute *in idiot in our coaching box.

Until Dew is sacked - this club goes nowhere.

What a waste of yet another year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

First half was a decent watch. Second half was demoralising. I was sitting behind the goals and it was plain to see how poor our I50 entries were given the opposition; Dougal Howard and Callum Wilkie were feasting on everything.

And that vision gets played at the Monday meeting and everyone looks stern and "puts their hand up"
Then the leadership group comes out and makes a statement about the players"taking responsibility" and next week we get a half decent effort again
Sound familiar long timers?
There just seems to be something in our DNA that makes the players not want to work hard every single week
They only get up for games when they've been shamed
That's not a recipe for longterm success
Every year is a new beginning
A new promise from the Club
A new slogan.
A new marketing drive
We can only hope for a Bad News Bears or a Bull Durham storyline where something magical happens midyear and we start playing like a real sporting team week in week out
Hollywood is reality right?

I really thought Ben Long might bring something hard and edgy to the table but he's just another grifter by the looks of things

A reset is needed and the easiest one to do is the coach, tell the players they are playing for their career the remainder of the season and that many won’t make the cut, you watch to shift in intensity and accountability.

Many of us have seen first hand, the lackadaisical drills run at training sessions, and the lipservice given by all staff after terrible losses, time and time again, time for a punch to the face

Long has been a major disappointment. The laziness of the club seems to have rubbed off on him because he would always work hard and compete at the very least.

On Nokia 6.1 using BigFooty.com mobile app
I feel competing isn’t the main issue. It’s what he does. Many a brain fade. Caught with the ball, kicking to nobody, giving away frees.

Unfortunately our backline in the VFL is also mediocre right now (as of quarter time at least), so not sure anything would change if we swapped him out.

I was working last night and again tonight and was hoping to have a look at the game on either Monday or Tuesday.
After reading this is it even worth my time?
I was hoping that we'd at least be competitive but once again get blown away after quarter time

Long has been a major disappointment. The laziness of the club seems to have rubbed off on him because he would always work hard and compete at the very least.

On Nokia 6.1 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Long’s numbers mirrored Lemmons’ before we traded for him. I couldn’t and still can’t believe we wanted another Lemmons.

I was working last night and again tonight and was hoping to have a look at the game on either Monday or Tuesday.
After reading this is it even worth my time?
I was hoping that we'd at least be competitive but once again get blown away after quarter time
Worse than the ETERNALS, do not watch

Remove this Banner Ad

Back