Autopsy Round 4 vs St. Kilda @ MARVEL - 08/04/23 - 7:30pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Long’s numbers mirrored Lemmons’ before we traded for him. I couldn’t and still can’t believe we wanted another Lemmons.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
He has virtually never played in the back line.
Had half a year in 2019 or something and was quite good at that time.
I didn't mind the recruit but the 4 year deal always seemed ridiculous - almost based on one single game, where he dominated in the last game of 2022.

I think he's done a few decent things, certainly not outstanding.
Last night was a particularly poor non-thinking performance.

Guys like Farrar and Long are killers because you kind of know they will give away one goal a game after losing focus or making a dumb mistake.

I'm happy for him to stay in the team for now..

I really thought Ben Long might bring something hard and edgy to the table but he's just another grifter by the looks of things
Honestly how is Craig Cameron giving him a 4 year contract! Absolutely disgraceful list management along with Rory Atkins. How he’s still in the job is mind boggling, pushing guys out like bowes who actually has talent yet offered list cloggers long term contracts. Not sure why this isn’t a bigger story in the media and how he escapes the spotlight. Even giving up a 2nd round pick for berry who is a depth player at best and hasn’t even got a look in yet, just bad decision after bad decision. Giving Caleb graham another 4 years, why?

The side is clearly missing Rankine in the front half aswell, the one player that actually had some x-factor and could create his own scoring opportunities. Has left a huge hole.

He has virtually never played in the back line.
Had half a year in 2019 or something and was quite good at that time.
I didn't mind the recruit but the 4 year deal always seemed ridiculous - almost based on one single game, where he dominated in the last game of 2022.

I think he's done a few decent things, certainly not outstanding.
Last night was a particularly poor non-thinking performance.

Guys like Farrar and Long are killers because you kind of know they will give away one goal a game after losing focus or making a dumb mistake.

I'm happy for him to stay in the team for now..

Teams do anything to get players into their sides that score a goal a game. We’ve got two players that will give them goals without even asking. And it costs the them nothing.

Last edited:

This organised by the suns?
Free tickets to our section if you support and cheer?
Don't think so. Just a bunch of young boys wanting too get on tv. Saw the same last year for GWS at the MCG.

Reminded me of soccer crowd. I love the Suns and you could definitely see the real supporters at the game. Good turn out by the faithful. Go Suns

It's interesting Nick Daicos (A Gun) also had 38 possessions. Definitely didn't have ten tackles. He also played in a losing side. And he received seven coaches votes.

It's interesting Nick Daicos (A Gun) also had 38 possessions. Definitely didn't have ten tackles. He also played in a losing side. And he received seven coaches votes.

Not sure you can really compare between games
Both played well.
I think Daicos probably had a better game, far fewer turnovers, more score involvements.
Although Anderson clearly did a lot more without the ball - more tackles as you mention, far more pressure applied.

Disposal efficiency: Daicos 76%, Anderson 63%
Goals: Daicos 2, Anderson 1
Score involvements: Daicos 12, Anderson 9
Turnovers: Daicos 2, Anderson 11
Intercept possessions: Daicos 6, Anderson 9
Meters Gained: Daicos 633m, Anderson 687m
Pressure acts: Daicos 12, Anderson 35

Not sure you can really compare between games
Both played well.
I think Daicos probably had a better game, far fewer turnovers, more score involvements.
Although Anderson clearly did a lot more without the ball - more tackles as you mention, far more pressure applied.

Disposal efficiency: Daicos 76%, Anderson 63%
Goals: Daicos 2, Anderson 1
Score involvements: Daicos 12, Anderson 9
Turnovers: Daicos 2, Anderson 11
Intercept possessions: Daicos 6, Anderson 9
Meters Gained: Daicos 633m, Anderson 687m
Pressure acts: Daicos 12, Anderson 35

Yes. Surely worth one vote.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

View attachment 1655581

What do you have to do to get a coaches vote?

fa803af37694f4f31540c64b34de65bd.jpg

I feel vindicated. Thanks, Seb Mottram.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back