Discussion Adelaide 2015 Away and Clash jumpers

Remove this Banner Ad

Adelaide are apparently signing with BLK for next season which generally means a new clash jumper. Along with the current home strip, ideas for these other two jumpers that would actually look half decent and a jumper that could be used long term?
Where did you hear this?

Adelaide.png
I think a simple 'Footscray-style' variation of the home jumper would be good; either predominantly red or yellow, or even both if they want more jumpers (and more money). If they insist on white, a three-striped version would work. The SANFL jumper is another suitable option.

2015adelaidecrowsfinal_zps700622ab.png~original
via E92_

Someone should email Puma and ask about the 2015 jumpers, a poster on our board emailed them about our jumpers and he got this response:

I tried to get some more info out of Puma under a different email address. Similar response to last time:
Hi XXXXX,
WCE 2015 guernseys will be in store and online 1st November 2014.
The Clash is under discussion with the Club and we will have to wait until
further notification on when and if this will be a new design.
Regards,
Puma

View attachment 75436
I think a simple 'Footscray-style' variation of the home jumper would be good; either predominantly red or yellow, or even both if they want more jumpers (and more money). If they insist on white, a three-striped version would work. The SANFL jumper is another suitable option.
Love it but the socks, man pleeeeease change it.

Well, I'm keen!! I love the current white kit, but a gold one would be amazing!

I'd love to see three jumpers- one blue, one red, one gold. I would either have all three with the hoops;

OR, one with a State of Origin inspired away. Note I said INSPIRED, just like PORT's is.

Last edited:
It's definitely BLK. Another poster confirmed this along with my info from a month ago.

And if this info is somehow wrong, it's no way it's Puma. Stock has been discounted since June.

I hope it's BLK, for the simple reason that their supporter wear range is amazing. My favourite peice of supporter gear is my Melbourne Rebels jersey hoody, done by them.

MRFL300NVY-2T.jpg

I actually think Adelaide may go with the SANFL jumper as their clash, or something similar

OOOOOOOH THAT WOULD BE GOOD TOO!!

Yea nah that away kit would never be allowed

See, your right, I know your right, but it still shits me- this is NOT the S.O.O jumper, it's barely a replica, but the moment the Crows get close to it from now on there'll be riots. But Port wear a complete knock off all the time with no dramas.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

See, your right, I know your right, but it still shits me- this is NOT the S.O.O jumper, it's barely a replica, but the moment the Crows get close to it from now on there'll be riots. But Port wear a complete knock off all the time with no dramas.

The colors are the problem. Crows have SA colours. Port have different colours.

I don't understand your obsession with the state jumper-as-Crows-jumper. Your 'modification' includes putting a few pixel gap between the chevrons. Why can't you pursue a strong brand for your club instead of some half baked state association which alienates half of the South Australian football supporters, especially since there has been another SA AFL side for 17 years. Hoops are a great look as is, expand on that instead of weakening the Adelaide Crows brand.

I don't understand your obsession with the state jumper-as-Crows-jumper. Your 'modification' includes putting a few pixel gap between the chevrons. Why can't you pursue a strong brand for your club instead of some half baked state association which alienates half of the South Australian football supporters, especially since there has been another SA AFL side for 17 years. Hoops are a great look as is, expand on that instead of weakening the Adelaide Crows brand.

Without getting into a flame war here, I see it as the ultimate link to our heritage and birth. For me it's either a nod to the Croweaters or a jumper with a big port logo and a red cross through it. Port don't, and never have or even pretended to represent SA footy as a whole. That's not what they were created for. They represent the Port, and we represent SA footy in the big leagues.

To me, and many Crows fans, THAT's our purpose. You can disagree that's fine, this will always be a divisive, opinion issue.

Without getting into a flame war here, I see it as the ultimate link to our heritage and birth. For me it's either a nod to the Croweaters or a jumper with a big port logo and a red cross through it. Port don't, and never have or even pretended to represent SA footy as a whole. That's not what they were created for. They represent the Port, and we represent SA footy in the big leagues.

To me, and many Crows fans, THAT's our purpose. You can disagree that's fine, this will always be a divisive, opinion issue.
But why can't you move on from petty state rivalry s**t which should be left behind where it belongs pre 1990s/national league. Port no longer just represents Port as the Adelaide Crows no longer represent South Australia on the national stage.

It's different, the port jumper, it's the same design, but different colours, so your saying North Adelaide wear the 'Big V' every week or Glenelg/Richmond wear the WA Jumper week in week out, no that's not the case

Well frankly north DO wear the big V! A rich backer who liked the Victorian design told the club he'd pay for the change of jumpers if we adopted it.

And what I'm saying is that Port wear a Crow Eaters inspired jumper. Why can't we wear a jumper also inspired by it? My design has completely different chevrons, blue colours and cuffs.

Well frankly north DO wear the big V! A rich backer who liked the Victorian design told the club he'd pay for the change of jumpers if we adopted it.

And what I'm saying is that Port wear a Crow Eaters inspired jumper. Why can't we wear a jumper also inspired by it? My design has completely different chevrons, blue colours and cuffs.
This is a good point. Because we just happen to have the state colours Port fans would have a massive sook if we used any form of a V design when there's is exactly like the state jumper just with their colours.

The problem with a gold design is ******* stupid West Coast and their tripanel piece of garbage.

Gold is also the most clash causing colour because it catches the eye like no other colour.

Whether they go gold or red, it needs to be 90+% that colour. It can't really have more than a couple of different coloured hoops.

This is a good point. Because we just happen to have the state colours Port fans would have a massive sook if we used any form of a V design when there's is exactly like the state jumper just with their colours.
I just don't get why you would. You have a strong, identifiable brand with the hoops, but people like Damo insist that a SA state 'inspired' (see: completely identical) jumper is the way forward. Your home jumper is great as is, and a white or yellow or even red clash jumper featuring hoops would not only look great, but perpetuate a strong, consistent brand.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back