2nds AFC 2021 SANFL Thread - We're baaaaaaaack (in the SANFL)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
He didn't until we started 'coaching' him.
Honestly can we actually let the guys we drafted play to their strength instead of trying to change them?
It's almost as if we're using the reserves to have players improve on areas of their game they're not strong in. Godden is not operating independently of Nicks and Bello, he's coaching the way he's told.

I know pedlar and cook are coming back from injuries but both look a mile away from sanfl league standard let alone AFL. I still rate both highly but its disappointing two of our 1st round picks from last year are so far away.
Our sides level is so bad it's hard to judge.
We need to grab two experienced mid twenties midfielders who are carving up the state leagues to help get these into the game.
Like Freeman in the VFL and partington here in the SANFL

It's almost as if we're using the reserves to have players improve on areas of their game they're not strong in. Godden is not operating independently of Nicks and Bello, he's coaching the way he's told.
If the coaching is 'don't worry about the ball, just keep on your player', then we need new coaches.

Last edited:
Davis (the one we’ve had for years) is actually even shitter than the top up players..

Hately aint much better either im afraid.

Hately looks like hes been given the same “play the man, not the ball” instruction that Godden gave Jones a couple of years ago.. and its getting the same results.

Godden is dogshit. Needs to be told to just go away and never come back.. right now before he does anymore damage... dont even let him back into his office to collect his belongings..

I know pedlar and cook are coming back from injuries but both look a mile away from sanfl league standard let alone AFL. I still rate both highly but its disappointing two of our 1st round picks from last year are so far away.

Sadly, they will be ‘Goddenised’ and we won’t see them until 2023 at the earliest.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thankfully, I couldn't watch our game today, and I presume it's not worth watching the replay.

Pedlar only had 5 possessions. Did he get injured in the match, or was there any other rational explanation?

he played the whole game, started up forward with a few cameo's through the midfield.
We were absolutely slaughtered today.

It's so disappointing seeing sanfl teams with so much structure and a working gameplan compared to what we are doing out there.
Glenelg were very slick, like everyone knew the gameplan and their skills were good.
Pretty demoralising for the Crows today.
Strachan plays his heart out ever week, Wright always working hard but not many others look like they are giving 100%

It's so disappointing seeing sanfl teams with so much structure and a working gameplan compared to what we are doing out there.
Glenelg were very slick, like everyone knew the gameplan and their skills were good.
Pretty demoralising for the Crows today.
Strachan plays his heart out ever week, Wright always working hard but not many others look like they are giving 100%

Yup, really the sooner we're out of the SANFL and in a proper AFL reserves side, and have larger lists, the better.

It just shows how far away our squad is to being a serious club
Frampton and Himmelberg were terrible, it's like they are instructed not to lead for anything, just point in the air
Hately looks like he would be extremely lucky to get another contract.
I watched McAsey closely today. When he did make good position, he dropped easy marks but then there were plenty of other times when he was out positioned by a small player and out marked.

Worrell still looks like he has some good ability.
He was playing in the back pocket today on their smalls
Surely that isn't the right match up for him
It's about time we start giving guys in the 2's a change of position because otherwise, we wont get anything out of the season and it will be a complete write off.
We did play Ben Davis down back again today and he looks ten times better down there than up forward.

Worrell still looks like he has some good ability.
He was playing in the back pocket today on their smalls
Surely that isn't the right match up for him
It's about time we start giving guys in the 2's a change of position because otherwise, we wont get anything out of the season and it will be a complete write off.
We did play Ben Davis down back again today and he looks ten times better down there than up forward.

For the twos or ones?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back