Competitions AFC Board - Phantom Draft Game

Remove this Banner Ad

Fremantle select Brayden Maynard with pick number 34.

A forward/midfielder type tackling machine in the mould of Paul Puopulo, he'll fit perfectly in the Ross Lyon, Fremantle system. A project player over the next 2 years as Ballantyne and Walters command the small forward role. He could be trialled as a high forward early in his career. Will be interesting to see where he goes on Draft day as some pundits have him as high as 15 and as low as 45.

Next up...Adelaide's pick 35 from Daniel1812

Pick 36 - North Melbourne CLEM SMITH (Height: 177 cm, Weight: 74 kg)
274521-tlsnewslandscape.jpg

I'll add a write up tonight.

dogs105 up with Sydney Swans

Pick 36 - North Melbourne CLEM SMITH (Height: 177 cm, Weight: 74 kg)
274521-tlsnewslandscape.jpg

I'll add a write up tonight.

dogs105 up with Sydney Swans

This guy has dropped like a rock hasn't he ! Touted this time last year as 1-5 range, questions on disposal and discipline will do that I guess !

Pick 37: Sydney – Jack Lonie

Position: Forward
Height: 174 cm, Weight: 67 kg, DOB: 13/08/1996
Club: Dandenong Stingrays
Projected draft range: 30-rookie
Player comparison: Hayden Ballantyne

Plays Bloods football. Great tackler and performer of pressure acts inside 50, and what could be better than starting a career at the feet of Tippett, Buddy, Reid and Goodes. Complementary piece of the puzzle for the team that has almost everything.

We'll then have Hiscox as an academy selection.

I think it's AdelaideFan14 up next

According to the Suns board they will only be using 3 picks, and have interest in Raines and Hunt. As such, I will bid this draft adieu :) I'll do a write up (i.e. copy knightmare's write-ups) later.

They currently have 6 list vacancies, and haven't announced any rookie upgrades, so I'd say take one more.

According to the Suns board they will only be using 3 picks, and have interest in Raines and Hunt. As such, I will bid this draft adieu :) I'll do a write up (i.e. copy knightmare's write-ups) later.

Its a Phantom Draft no need to bring reality into it !

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Has nathan cokatoo been listed yet? Wasn't he the leading vote getter in the poll who will we draft!

Hmm I was expecting him to be gone by now, but I think I'll continue to boost the Bulldogs tall stocks and defensive stocks and take Keenan Ramsey (192cm 86kg SA). He will join Oscar McDonald and Zaine Cordy as Tall defenders taken by the Bulldogs in this years draft. I see Ramsey, Roughead, McDonald and Cordy in the future taking the 2 tall KPD roles and 2 medium defender roles, with Boyd, Keitel and Crameri as the 3 tall forwards.

Hmm I was expecting him to be gone by now, but I think I'll continue to boost the Bulldogs tall stocks and defensive stocks and take Keenan Ramsey (192cm 86kg SA). He will join Oscar McDonald and Zaine Cordy as Tall defenders taken by the Bulldogs in this years draft. I see Ramsey, Roughead, McDonald and Cordy in the future taking the 2 tall KPD roles and 2 medium defender roles, with Boyd, Keitel and Crameri as the 3 tall forwards.
You must really rate Keitel as a forward, I see him as a defender at AFL level, I feel that is where he has played his best footy.

I just don't see the Bulldogs taking 4 KPP.

I was eyeing off Ramsey but I guess Melbourne will have to take someone else.

Pick 40: Dillon Viojo-Rainbow
Height: 185cm, Weight: 80kg
Position: Rebounding Defender

Melbourne could do with some rebound and this guy is apparently good at that. Also, he has a very cool name. So there's that.

Next up is knobby

I just don't see the Bulldogs taking 4 KPP.

Yeah can't see that happening either. Sure, they have poor KPP stocks, but they could also benefit from depth in other positions.

You'd think they would take at least one midfielder to cover the loss of Cooney and Griffen

Pick 41 - St Kilda - Jack Cripps

Tall forward/ruck, to be groomed to take over from St Nick, could even be thrown to the wolves as early as 2015.

Daniel1812 next

#42 Adelaide

Touk Miller

177 cm, 80 kg, 22/2/96
Range: Top 40
Style: Dion Prestia

Miller would add some pace, smarts and skill to a Sydney lineup with very little wrong with it. So I'm going for some grunt and work with this selection. Dean Gore to me would also have been a really nice pickup here but he doesn't have pace or great footskills, something I think the Swans might steer clear from. Miller's a hard working balanced midfielder with thirst for the hard ball and physical side of football. He's a quality clearance player with a great read of the tap and some physical dominance on the inside. He's also a really quick player with both his breakaway and top speed very high. He's able to create space and opportunity out of the inside to effectively dispose of the ball with his footskills decent without being great. On the outside he's a capable option also able to hit the scoreboard. Miller is also a ferocious and effective volume tackler. He just works hard, runs both ways and does everything right. Height the only concern and it's what's caused him to slide this far.

Evaluation of his prospects: Miller's a really handy player and only size is holding him back. I think he's going to be another one of those small players that really makes clubs pay for discriminating against them based on height.

Reason: He can play in the forwardline as well as the midfield. Works hard, has SPEED! , in the highlighted selection it's what Walsh mentioned.
TexMachine

Remove this Banner Ad

Back