AFL 2015, Round 2: Essendon vs Hawthorn - MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Dodged a massive bullett - your last 4 games you lead by 27, 34, 41 and 35 and only won 1 by a couple of points.

Never seen a side shut down and stop as quickly as you do. Still a good win - another one in April when you play your best footy.

giphy.gif

Hawthorn were average today but credit to Essendon. They never go away and always have someone pull a goal out of nowhere to get them the win.

Wired thing for me was Lewis and Hodge having a laugh and embrace straight after then game. Looked like they thought it was funny that they just threw away 4 points.

almost every AFL media analyst has said Essendon have been disadvantaged to some degree because 18 of their best players participated in minimal match practice prior to last week. Do you think theyre all essendon apologists or just clueless?
You could have played and you also played an intra club match. It's an excuse.

You could have played and you also played an intra club match. It's an excuse.
intraclub practice isnt even close to an NAB game for match simulation. Everyone knows this which is why pretty much all media experts are claiming its a factor. Maybe you dont know as much as you think you do. Or alternatively you know more than everyone else

Not withstanding you are bagging a side that has been more than competitive with the two stand out clubs from last year, who appear to be in similar shape again this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

intraclub practice isnt even close to an NAB game for match simulation. Everyone knows this which is why pretty much all media experts are claiming its a factor. Maybe you dont know as much as you think you do. Or alternatively you know more than everyone else

Not withstanding you are bagging a side that has been more than competitive with the two stand out clubs from last year, who appear to be in similar shape again this year.
Why feed it?
Great win today.

I felt well satisfied last week when we put Geelong away for the first game of the season, and then this week there's Chappy running around in an Essendon jumper stuffing things up for us. That guy never leaves us alone.
So now I feel like we've been beaten by Essendon AND Geelong.

I wish! I enjoyed Essendon's finish, but it would be nice if Geelong even looked like winning something. :)

When was the last time we were on the bottom of the ladder?

Thank *. Two seconds more and Breust would have kicked the winner which would literally have been the worst.

Dodged a massive bullett - your last 4 games you lead by 27, 34, 41 and 35 and only won 1 by a couple of points.

Never seen a side shut down and stop as quickly as you do. Still a good win - another one in April when you play your best footy.

We cam back from 3 goals down against the reigning premier ya big sook...suck it up

The best part of the bummers is that they will deflate badly when it matters FINALS times LOL

I trust this. You're experienced, being a Freo supporter. How goes that premiership?

Never mind the doping, Essendon should be docked points for Michael Hurley's haircut alone.

I'd happily take the 4 away, if it were shaved. ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back