Autopsy AFL 2020 Round 14 - Tigers v Eagles Thurs August 27th 7:10pm AEST (Metricon) Match Highlights in OP

Who will win and by how much?

• Tigers by a goal or less

Votes: 3 2.8%
  • Eagles by a goal or less

Votes: 4 3.7%
  • Tigers by 7 - 20

Votes: 30 27.5%
  • Eagles by 7 - 20

Votes: 45 41.3%
  • Tigers by a lot

Votes: 9 8.3%
  • Eagles by a lot

Votes: 17 15.6%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 0.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Wouldn't look to much into this result, WC off 4 day break and travelling and settling back into QLD from Perth. Tigers in good form. Could easily turn the other way come finals. Think if anything this game showed how close the top 4 or 5 teams really are

WC fell away in the second half. To be fair, it's pretty hard coming off four days between matches and also having to travel from Perth to the Gold Coast.

Richmond look like the team to beat again, especially if the finals are played in Queensland.
Yeah Richmond only had to play in a Darwin with one day extra break.WCE robbed by AFL.LOL.

I am amazed at the Fremantle supporters on here revelling in Wc's loss but not acknowledging how garbage their own team is....sad really.
Yeah, because devoting an entire thread to jokes about a rival football club that hails from the same city, doesn't scream sad. 🤣

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Happy with the result.

Despite some shockers both ways, I thought the game was umpired pretty well. The free kick count was fine, most were there.

Both teams met the contest with great intensity. Probably should have been a little closer (expected score) but we kicked well for a change.

Both teams had key players out.

That new kid for WC, the ruckman, he'll be a ripper.

The real question is can West Coast play well in Qld?

History in 2020 suggests they cannot.

They are hoping their arrogant premier can pull a miracle for finals.
Really the West Coast supporters should start petitioning their premier to relax the quarantine rules so the finals can be played at Perth.

At the moment it is looking like the finals are going to be predominantly played in Queensland.

I had this down for a loss because of the four day break plus cross country travel. Richmond also had a lot more recent experience with a slippery ball including the Darwin game. Losing Kennedy early sealed the deal. Some good signs and some not so good ones. Xavier O’Neil I liked, Brander... not so much.

I reckon Soldo played Nic Nat as well as I have seen from any ruck this year, especially early when Nic tends to do most of his damage.
Thought Soldo was great for us. Nic Nat still had a good impact but didn't get out of control. He is such a weapon, not sure I've seen a ruckman like him.

The game looked more on Richmond's terms. Not sure how much you can read into the game though but I was impressed that our system was still effective despite the centre bounce situation being poor.

Really the West Coast supporters should start petitioning their premier to relax the quarantine rules so the finals can be played at Perth.

At the moment it is looking like the finals are going to be predominantly played in Queensland.
With West Coast playing the rest of their games in Queensland they might not even make finals

Happy with the result.

Despite some shockers both ways, I thought the game was umpired pretty well. The free kick count was fine, most were
I honestly never read a match day thread from any team that didn't blame the umpires for the result of the game. It doesn't matter if a team loses by 1 point or 40 points. It's always the umpires fault apparently.

Pretty good kicking from the Tigers gotta say.
Eagles really do need to settle in there and learn to play well away from home.
Very interesting game.
you guys lost it with the pressure, didn't get to settle and control the play like you normally do. Your players were rushing, it was a good contest and a game I enjoyed.
see you in the finals!

Back