Autopsy AFL 2020 Round 14 - Tigers v Eagles Thurs August 27th 7:10pm AEST (Metricon) Match Highlights in OP

Who will win and by how much?

• Tigers by a goal or less

Votes: 3 2.8%
  • Eagles by a goal or less

Votes: 4 3.7%
  • Tigers by 7 - 20

Votes: 30 27.5%
  • Eagles by 7 - 20

Votes: 45 41.3%
  • Tigers by a lot

Votes: 9 8.3%
  • Eagles by a lot

Votes: 17 15.6%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 0.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I posted this on the tigers board and they were gracious enough not to ban me. I must say they have been fun this year.

The following is purely satirical. It is not meant to offend but just for a bit of banter.
Please sing the following lyrics how you would sing your club song.

Oh we're from wonderland
For thirty years we were in no mans land
But now with Dimma as our coach
As there was no one else to poach
We got the tiger brand

A team of very young boys
With Jack throwin his toys
Cos we're not at tigerland

They made us pack up our rags
Fill up our bags
And play the Eagles
In Queensland

So if we're behind
The world is not kind

We love playin at the G
But it wasn't meant to be
It was just a fantasy
We're now in wonderland

So like the tigers of old
We may as well fold
We're not at tigerland

In any weather you will see us with a grin
With our own Lynch pin
Punching heads and chin
It's just the tiger brand

We always do it to whoever we can
But we can't do that to Nic
Not even with a chopstick

And if we're behind then never you mind
We're not at tigerland

So between you and me
We aren't getting any frees
This ain't the MCG
We're not at tigerland

We never weaken til the final siren's gone
Like Kevin Bartlett of old
Hes strong and he's bald

He's from Tigerland...
Lol

Thought Soldo was great for us. Nic Nat still had a good impact but didn't get out of control. He is such a weapon, not sure I've seen a ruckman like him.

The game looked more on Richmond's terms. Not sure how much you can read into the game though but I was impressed that our system was still effective despite the centre bounce situation being poor.
I thought your centre bounce system was fantastic for the most part, sure we had some good clearances but not the number we normally have and also there were many more opportunities for better clearances which were prevented by Richmond pressure.

I only watched the last quarter but if that was any reflection of the game we lost because it was played on Richmond's terms. Personally I don't like Richmond's style of play, but it's effective. It's fast and messy and revolves around the ball staying in play and moving forward. You don't beat them by keeping every ball in play and knocking it back into the corridor. If there's a chance to spoil over the line and slow the momentum, ******* take it.

Radio commentators made it sound like Richmond were being handed junk frees inside 50 and then Darling was given one just before 3QT so glad I missed a 41 page salt mine. Look forward to the commentary about how we can only win at home etc. Nevermind that Richmond are a good team that are also on 9 wins.
maybe you missed the slick handball linkage that tore your team apart, our game style is better than some give credit for, show some respect.

West Coast won't do anything in finals. They're great at home but very average away with lots of players that become spuds away. Overrated team

Richmond away record in years they played finals under Damien Hardwick (x7 finalists including 2020)
-32 wins (5 wins vs. Top 4 / 9 wins vs. Top 8)
-26 losses

West Coast Eagles away record in years they played finals under Adam Simpson (x6 finalists including 2020)
-29 wins (6 wins vs. Top 4 / 10 wins vs. top 8)
-26 losses
-1 draw

maybe you missed the slick handball linkage that tore your team apart, our game style is better than some give credit for, show some respect.
That poster was pretty respectful, weren't they? They only stated that they don't favour or really like the the game style, not that it's ineffectual.

Funny bullshit! That w***er should be reported for kneeing Kennedy in the head, no way was that Richmond flog going for a mark or a spoil😡
Yep he meant it. Apparently Balta is a trained Ninga and if you slow the vision right down as you can’t see it with the naked eye he actually eye gouges him on the way down as well.

Last edited:
Judging by the Tigers posters in here tonight, we are clearly their grand final.
na you guys are the most saltiest anything related to richmond, so we like to make you squirm a bit more. even our players are doing it too, jack doing the left foot nana was to make you guys even saltier

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That poster was pretty respectful, weren't they? They only stated that they don't favour or really like the the game style, not that it's ineffectual.
yeah, maybe I was a bit defensive, but sick of hearing that no matter how well we play some are going to bring it down to how scrappy our style is, you want to know the secret......when we are playing well we know when to scrap and when to slice.

* you lot seek adulation. There is barely a thread on the main board without some Richmond flog thinking it's the Richmond board.

I don't like watching your team's style of play, you are free to not like mine. The slow switch of play in the back half isn't everyone's cup of tea.

Exactly. There's nothing 'disrespectful' about not enjoying watching a team's style of play. If so then everyone form an orderly queue to apologise to Ross Lyon and Paul Roos.

Sure they weren't, that's not the point.

When one team is getting junk frees and the other is gifted 6 goals whilst your own team gets nothing from clearly obvious frees then well, it's pretty frustrating.
farrrrk, so a fun fact high sodium before a gym sesh gives you the best pump, your posts alone have given me enough sodium to have the best pump of my life! thanks man

yeah, maybe I was a bit defensive, but sick of hearing that no matter how well we play some are going to bring it down to how scrappy our style is, you want to know the secret......when we are playing well we know when to scrap and when to slice.
fu** you lot seek adulation. There is barely a thread on the main board without some Richmond flog thinking it's the Richmond board.

I don't like watching your team's style of play, you are free to not like mine. The slow switch of play in the back half isn't everyone's cup of tea.

Exactly. There's nothing 'disrespectful' about not enjoying watching a team's style of play. If so then everyone form an orderly queue to apologise to Ross Lyon and Paul Roos.

ill concede I was a little defensive.

Not on my count. I don't include tinpot state titles that occurred prior to the existence of the national competition.

That tinpot state comp your club was literally formed to join?

Forget the scoreboard. This was an arse-*******. Soldo mostly nullified Nic Nat and Trent Chimpion laid down the law. How good was the dual premiership skipper and Brownlow Medallist! The best and most inspirational onfield leader since Voss.

My team was coached by Ross Lyon for an exhausting eight years, so I know as well as any supporter, that it doesn't matter how scrappy the style of play is, if you win the game!

fu** you lot seek adulation. There is barely a thread on the main board without some Richmond flog thinking it's the Richmond board.

The difference is that Richmond's style of play stands up in finals, West Coast's doesn't

Back