Autopsy AFL 2022 Round 17 - Suns v Tigers Sat July 9th 4:35pm EST (Metricon)

Who will win and by how much?

• Suns by a goal or less

Votes: 5 12.2%
  • Tigers by a goal or less

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Suns by 7 - 20

Votes: 8 19.5%
  • Tigers by 7 - 20

Votes: 15 36.6%
  • Suns by a lot

Votes: 4 9.8%
  • Tigers by a lot

Votes: 9 22.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
But you're not talking about an individual poster. You're talking about Geelong supporters as a collective. And in the same way you're grouping Geelong supporters,
Ummmm

s a lot more to do with the pathetic behaviour of Richmond's dipsh!t, deluded, scumbag supporters and far less the champion football team.
Widely acknowledged as the stupidest, oafish, offensive, umpire-blaming nuff-nuffs in the league. Try harder.
Such bitter obsession

Like I said. I don't go onto Geelong game day threads that don't involve Richmond. But I bet you can't find one with 8 individual obsessed and abusive Richmond supporters on a single page like all the angry salty Geelong supporters that flooded into this thread.

So again I ask: Why the obsession?
I've already asked you not to use the "I know you are, what am I?" response. Please try and answer honestly. Although I will understand if you too embarrassed and humiliated by your fellow supporters odd and disturbed behaviour to attempt an answer.

I can safely say, if the fourth favourite for the premiership (I think - heading into this game) dropped a game like that in Round 17 against an opponent that's highly unlikely to make the eight by coughing up about four goals in 10 minutes and fluffing numerous chances to ice the game, I'd be grabbing the popcorn and checking out the last few pages of the gameday thread - it wouldn't matter if it was Richmond, Fremantle, Brisbane, Sydney, or Carlton. It'd be pretty amazing reading. And it was.
But that doesn't explain why it is almost exclusively Geelong supporters in this thread, or why they post in such abusive and angry tone. It's like they've been very badly hurt by us and interpret a win by another team over Richmond as some sort of revenge for perceived injustices meted out to Geelong by Richmond. There's something going on. It's very weird and I'm curious.

But that doesn't explain why it is almost exclusively Geelong supporters in this thread, or why they post in such abusive and angry tone. It's like they've been very badly hurt by us and interpret a win by another team over Richmond as some sort of revenge for perceived injustices meted out to Geelong by Richmond. There's something going on. It's very weird and I'm curious.
You were given an answer earlier that you are refusing to accept

So are you amused by us, or is it "humourless abuse"? Didn't quite get the support/likes you were expecting from your initial detective work, I suppose.

Make up your mind whether you want to play the bullied victim or our patronising superior and get back to me. You can't be both.
I'm simply asking a question, which you all seem too shy of humiliated to answer.
Why the obsession with all things Richmond?
Why are you so, so much more focused on and passionate about Richmond than your own club?
You'd think you'd be happy about being no one. Instead your all in here frothing at the mouth about the Tigers. Why?

But that doesn't explain why it is almost exclusively Geelong supporters in this thread, or why they post in such abusive and angry tone. It's like they've been very badly hurt by us and interpret a win by another team over Richmond as some sort of revenge for perceived injustices melted out to Geelong by Richmond. There's something going on. It's very weird and I'm curious.

You quoted my post, which was a light hearted reference to Jack Riewoldt being "mic'd up" last week and apparently giving his teammates an almighty spray immediately after this game. How was my post angry or abusive? It wasn't even critical of Riewoldt and didn't mention Richmond, or the result.

And if you think it's 'almost exclusively Geelong supporters in this thread' then I suggest you might want to go back to around page 9-12 and get back to me. Supporters of all clubs amazed with what had just happened.

Sure it's Geelong supporters now. You've felt the urge to call us out and now we have the right of reply.

Sure it's Geelong supporters now. You've felt the urge to call us out and now we have the right of reply.
It was almost exclusively Geelong supporters well before I entered the thread. I didn't make you all post your bitter obsession in here. And I thank you for your reply. I just wish you weren't so ashamed and embarrassed by your collective behaviour to give me an honest answer.

I'm simply asking a question, which you all seem too shy of humiliated to answer.
Why the obsession with all things Richmond?
Why are you so, so much more focused on and passionate about Richmond than your own club?
You'd think you'd be happy about being no one. Instead your all in here frothing at the mouth about the Tigers. Why?

I can only answer for myself.

If you can point to any evidence of me posting more in a random Richmond gameday thread than the same round's Geelong gameday thread then you might have a point. But you don't, I'm sorry to tell you.

And I can point to several examples of Richmond supporters in the Thursday night game day thread (really a pretty run of the mill game despite the ladder positions, with precisely zero of the late drama of yesterday's game) racking up from 6+ posts, to a laughable 30+.

That certain Ruchnond supporters are insufferable flogs

Therefore the loss is enjoyed

Germans have a word for it
Thanks for the reply.
You're obsessed by all things Richmond because your triggered by Richmond supporters.
I must say though, as a Richmond supporter, it does seem very easy to upset Geelong supporters.

It was almost exclusively Geelong supporters well before I entered the thread. I didn't make you all post your bitter obsession in here. And I thank you for your reply. I just wish you weren't so ashamed and embarrassed by your collective behaviour to give me an honest answer.

Supporters of every club besides Richmond were amazed and delighted by the result. There's ample evidence of that right here in this thread, a handful of pages back.

Please stop kidding yourself.

I can only answer for myself.

If you can point to any evidence of me posting more in a random Richmond gameday thread than the same round's Geelong gameday thread then you might have a point. But you don't, I'm sorry to tell you.
What? I can't provide evidence that you're posting in this thread?
It's one thing to be utterly obsessed, but you've taken denial to a new and completely irrational level. You're unhinged.

I'm literally just replying to you every time. If you'd like me to stop, perhaps stop replying.

This all started, because you've cherry picked a handful of quotes from Geelong supporters on an AFL gameday board. Because you're so desperate to make some sort of point, at least half of them besides mine weren't even critical of Richmond, let alone abusive. So I think you've started on some pretty dodgy ground and I don't think it's getting better for you.

I assume you watched the full Suns AFL and VFL games last week to form this opinion?
AFL yes, but not VFL. I just thought having all of Witts, casboult, day, Chol, lukosious, Collins, Ballard and Graham left them a little slow across the ground. Good turnaround from the first half in any case

Richmond didn't punish the Sun's enough with the dominance they had earlier in the game.

6-7 goal leads are not big enough to stop a run of momentum the other way in the game today. The Tigers should have been at least 7- 8 goals up at half time. They had chances to be at least another goal further in front at 3/4 time but were wasteful with opportunity.

You could see it from a mile out the trouble that was coming. Despite being dominated early the Sun's were always able to get that easy goal out the back or to get that contested ball. They were still playing with intent and had the look of a team that just needed to catch fire. Richmond didn't do enough when they had their chances.

At one stage there after a Richmond goal in the third the camera panned to the Richmond forwards in a huddle, the personnel were Castagna, Aarts, Cumberland, M Rioli. Certainly not the A list by any stretch. Two weeks ago 3 of these were in VFL. Both Aarts and Castagna should have still been there this week. Those two were the weakest links of that quartet. Everyone on the Tiger boards knew it on Thursday at selection. It was like having two extra Suns in the field.

Losing Lynch was critical to go along with no Dusty, Cotchin, Lambert, Vlastuin, Balta and even Gibcus all of which are best 22.

Well done Suns on not losing the fight.

Richmond didn't punish the Sun's enough with the dominance they had earlier in the game.

6-7 goal leads are not big enough to stop a run of momentum the other way in the game today. The Tigers should have been at least 7- 8 goals up at half time. They had chances to be at least another goal further in front at 3/4 time but were wasteful with opportunity.

You could see it from a mile out the trouble that was coming. Despite being dominated early the Sun's were always able to get that easy goal out the back or to get that contested ball. They were still playing with intent and had the look of a team that just needed to catch fire. Richmond didn't do enough when they had their chances.

At one stage there after a Richmond goal in the third the camera panned to the Richmond forwards in a huddle, the personnel were Castagna, Aarts, Cumberland, M Rioli. Certainly not the A list by any stretch. Two weeks ago 3 of these were in VFL. Both Aarts and Castagna should have still been there this week. Those two were the weakest links of that quartet. Everyone on the Tiger boards knew it on Thursday at selection. It was like having two extra Suns in the field.

Losing Lynch was critical to go along with no Dusty, Cotchin, Lambert, Vlastuin, Balta and even Gibcus all of which are best 22.

Well done Suns on not losing the fight.
Suns injury list
King, Rankine, Jeffrey, Weller, Powell, budarick all best 22 so not sure injury can be used as an excuse

Why do Suns game threads so often devolve into a shitfight between two other opposition club supporters? This time it looks like Tiger and Cats having a fight. Reminds me of the following…

Suns injury list
King, Rankine, Jeffrey, Weller, Powell, budarick all best 22 so not sure injury can be used as an excuse
Yeah granted, but you've missed my point. Richmond to have a chance this year and also in any game it's obvious they need their very best personnel. They aren't good enough with too many depletions. The Suns clearly are.

No other team that has lost so often has been as competitive as Richmond. They have led 14 out of 16 games almost to 3/4 by a good margin and yet sit at 8-8. They get destroyed in the middle and then at the contest once the collapse is on. You just can't be carrying lesser personnel with such a poor record as the one they have built so far in 2022 but you can't help who is available and who isn't.

Back