List Mgmt. AFL Article linking Cats and Frawley

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well family friend Jeremy Taylor got the cut from the Suns (saw it coming though unfortunately).
Any chance you reckon guys?
Has the right attitude and values, I do question his desire though, maybe being home again might help?
I remember seeing him play early on and liked what I saw.
Why did he get cut? Is he injury prone?

I remember seeing him play early on and liked what I saw.
Why did he get cut? Is he injury prone?

Not that I'm aware.
He did battle an injury for some time, cannot remember what it was though, but seemingly is fit again.
Just couldn't really make it or get the chances, like a few on our list I suppose.
Maybe I'm looking a bit too hard at it due to connections but I would like to see him at the Cats.

Not that I'm aware.
He did battle an injury for some time, cannot remember what it was though, but seemingly is fit again.
Just couldn't really make it or get the chances, like a few on our list I suppose.
Maybe I'm looking a bit too hard at it due to connections but I would like to see him at the Cats.
Fingers crossed for you , can't say I've noticed him but as you've said he's been injured.

What position does he play?

Fingers crossed for you , can't say I've noticed him but as you've said he's been injured.

What position does he play?

Key back, although I think more of a mackie type.
Is middling height (191cm, had to look it up) so not really a genuine key defender.
Really I think the only chance he has is as a rookie and even then I'm not so sure he is all that interested to pursue a career anymore.

Key back, although I think more of a mackie type.
Is middling height (191cm, had to look it up) so not really a genuine key defender.
Really I think the only chance he has is as a rookie and even then I'm not so sure he is all that interested to pursue a career anymore.
Couldn't imagine the pressure and dedication at AFL level to play the game, he has made it further than 99% of others who've played the game so no shame if he walks away.

All the best to the kid.

So I just watched CS 'OTC' for a second time....

Still think his slip of the tongue was just that, but the little smile that grew on his face when Dunstall turned the conversation to Frawley, and his struggle to suppress it, looked just as 'odd' the second time round.

Wonder if anyone can post the vid from this, I didn't get to watch, but it would be good to see CS face when they mentioned frawley.

It is still early days, a month or so to go till nominations start flowing

Wonder if anyone can post the vid from this, I didn't get to watch, but it would be good to see CS face when they mentioned frawley.

It is still early days, a month or so to go till nominations start flowing

If Simpson calls it a day, we may need to forget Frawley and spend the dough on Paddy Ryder.

If Simpson calls it a day, we may need to forget Frawley and spend the dough on Paddy Ryder.

Doubt it, he has said he wants to go to a non-AFL city. By the report that is and whether there is any truth to that.

If Simpson retires, we will need to look to the vfl I think.

Doubt it, he has said he wants to go to a non-AFL city. By the report that is and whether there is any truth to that.

If Simpson retires, we will need to look to the vfl I think.

No, a VFL ruck won't cut it in that case, we need someone who can share no.1 ruck duties with HMc next year, and take over the following year. As Simpson would, hopefully, have done if he had improved enough.

PS, the Ryder suggestion was only semi-serious. His moving would, however, cut out Bellchambers as an option for us.

No, a VFL ruck won't cut it in that case, we need someone who can share no.1 ruck duties with HMc next year, and take over the following year. As Simpson would, hopefully, have done if he had improved enough.

PS, the Ryder suggestion was only semi-serious. His moving would, however, cut out Bellchambers as an option for us.

I agree on your statement about taking over from Hmac, but, I'm unsure we could go after Frawely, then a quality ruck.

I think with or without Simpson in 2015 we will be waiting to end 2015 to target an established ruckman. Then, we'll know where we stand with Vardy, McIntosh will be out of contract and we'll have retirements freeing up cap space.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think with or without Simpson in 2015 we will be waiting to end 2015 to target an established ruckman. Then, we'll know where we stand with Vardy, McIntosh will be out of contract and we'll have retirements freeing up cap space.

You're probably right, but it would be a big gamble, given the injury histories of Vardy and McIntosh.
At least it guarantees Walks stays on the list. ;)

If Brissy get Ryder for nothing, they'll trade luenberger.
Ideally for a forward.

Walker and pick 18? :)

You're probably right, but it would be a big gamble, given the injury histories of Vardy and McIntosh.
At least it guarantees Walks stays on the list. ;)
In a sense it would be a risk, but throwing a lifeline to a stop-gap VFL ruckman would mitigate it somewhat. I think it's quite likely we will do this.

Looks like Walker definitely won't be going anywhere then. Geez, we'd want Vardy to hold up next season.

Looks like Walker definitely won't be going anywhere then. Geez, we'd want Vardy to hold up next season.
Where do we see Blicavs? Is he a stop-gap or permanent second ruck? At 198 cm he is the same height as Mark Jamar, 3 cm shorter than Nic Natanui, and 2 cm taller than Paddy Ryder (but lighter in weight than all three)

Luenberger can barely get on the park in Brisbane. What makes you think if he comes to Geelong he will?
Do not want. Prefer to go after someone who isn't going to spend their time at the club in rehab.

Further thought to this, is that most likely we will see a few retirements next year, with Enright, Rivers, Domsy looking seriously at their careers.

If Simpson can't go on, next year we should be able to target a ruck, without too much worry, even a short term one at that.

It would mean that Hmac would need to be managed, with Blitz, Walker and Vardy rotating through. I think that could be managed for a year, then, consider our options next year.

That said, is a worst case scenario if Daws can't go on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back