List Mgmt. AFL Article linking Cats and Frawley

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you think HMac has been more then servicable, Fred?

We took a gamble on him, and after all the time MIA, he's still yet to truly dominate. I doubt he's ever been in our best five for any one game.

He'll really need to stand up now, ala Ottens, and show us he's been worth the patience and money.
He has averaged 14 disposals and 20 hit outs.

We took a gamble on him, and after all the time MIA, he's still yet to truly dominate. I doubt he's ever been in our best five for any one game.

He'll really need to stand up now, ala Ottens, and show us he's been worth the patience and money.
On the other hand where do you think we would be without him this season..?

I'm not a stats only person but acknowledge how much they count, seems to me that the H-Mac/Blitz combo at least have been a significant contribution this season..

Interesting that Gold Coast delisted their most experienced defender in Matthew Warnock, could be making way for Frawley..

Possibly but they have Kolo and others coming thru… and I don't think Warnock was playing much… could be wrong on that…
u
Go CAtters

Interesting that Gold Coast delisted their most experienced defender in Matthew Warnock, could be making way for Frawley..

Yes and No , he was cooked I think. If not Frawley this will be look around I'm sure. GC and GWS only have to get serious and they will get 90% of players in a trade.

As distasteful as it would be , what would we do if we were offered a very good pick for JK to link the brothers, cant see us being able to bring Kade down here any time soon.

Last edited:
As distasteful as it would be , what we do if we were offered a very good pick for JK to link the brothers, cant see us being able to bring Kade down here any time soon.

Would trade for their skipper.

Yes and No , he was cooked I think. If not Frawley this will be look around I'm sure. GC and GWS only have to get serious and they will get 90% of players in a trade.

As distasteful as it would be , what we do if we were offered a very good pick for JK to link the brothers, cant see us being able to bring Kade down here any time soon.

Do you take the pick or try and pry something we need from them. Their list of do not touch is long and JK would not have that much value so maybe the pick is better, but surely they have something on their list we need….
Smith as a ruck?

Go Catters

For the right player I would do the swap. Love what I have seen of OUR Kola but the right trade for a three or four year developed player would be a good fit for us. Gotta give to get.

For the right player I would do the swap. Love what I have seen of OUR Kola but the right trade for a three or four year developed player would be a good fit for us. Gotta give to get.

See I pretty much agree , any trade has the potential to hurt but if we got something we need I suppose we would have to look at it... but Id say it would have to be to our advantage or we just keep him.
Quite happy with the way he is progressing.

As distasteful as it would be , what would we do if we were offered a very good pick for JK to link the brothers, cant see us being able to bring Kade down here any time soon.
Taylor Hunt or Smedts and Walker or Brown OR 1 of those 4 and our first round pick should be enough surely?

Taylor Hunt or Smedts and Walker or Brown OR 1 of those 4 and our first round pick should be enough surely?
2 fringe players and a mid teens pick for a player who was pick 5 last year, is in their best 22 and is looking like he has elite potential...wouldn't get it done. To get KK we'd have to give up a player of quality - Duncan, Christensen or Guthrie. We won't want to do it. Won't happen.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm pretty certain you can't. Whilst you may hand shake on things, nothing can be binding until that window opens and either party may pull out without penalty until then.
Something like an in principle agreement where the parties agree to proceed should all preferred options eventuate such as no injury. But also agree not to shop the deal around in the meantime, and exclude other parties from bargaining. May include first right of refusal. So Cats may think they are first cab off the rank if this is the case which is a good thing.

ARRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. Sorry .

Surely , not. Especially when they have so much talent. There is only one way that we could get him with that type trade and that's if he is OOC and say its us or Melb in the PSD.

Its far more likely that they could offer overs to get Jake to keep him happy. The question would be what is overs for a kid that we rate but was only P41. I already rate him as good as a R1 pick but if they offered their R1...be tough to knock back , maybe even our Ablett pick.

Surely , not. Especially when they have so much talent. There is only one way that we could get him with that type trade and that's if he is OOC and say its us or Melb in the PSD.

Its far more likely that they could offer overs to get Jake to keep him happy. The question would be what is overs for a kid that we rate but was only P41. I already rate him as good as a R1 pick but if they offered their R1...be tough to knock back , maybe even our Ablett pick.

Jake is shaping up as much better than a pick 41. It would be a TRADE to give a kid we are growing to like away now. BUT only for the right player / pick.

Well family friend Jeremy Taylor got the cut from the Suns (saw it coming though unfortunately).
Any chance you reckon guys?
Has the right attitude and values, I do question his desire though, maybe being home again might help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back