List Mgmt. AFL Article linking Cats and Frawley

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone else watching 'On The Couch'
The look on Scotts face when the asked him said to me we think we have him...
And also he slipped up and said Frawley instead of someone else at one point when they asked him about defenders who could go forward if they got him

Keep going... I'm sort of getting the gist of it...

Last edited:
Keep going... I'm sort of getting the jist of it...
Fortunately I found someone on twitter who mentioned it...

'Looking at our mix with the exception of Frawley, ah, sorry, Hawkins and Lonergan...' Read into that what you will. Chris Scott #onthecouch

It may be nothing as well...

And also he slipped up and said Frawley instead of someone else at one point when they asked him about defenders who could go forward if they got him
I saw it.

I noticed the sly smirk.

But I'll still wait until I see him in a jumper.

I did.

He had a little smile to himself as Dunstall posed the question, but not sure what to read into that.

Think the Frawley slip up was just that, given he was the topic of conversation. But then again.....

Just posted in the game thread too about his qualities as a speaker, and confidence in his boys for this Friday night.

I saw it.

I noticed the sly smirk.

But I'll still wait until I see him in a jumper.
Yep and that's why I said we think we have it

We may not but we certainly are pretty confident right at the moment

Fortunately I found someone on twitter who mentioned it...

'Looking at our mix with the exception of Frawley, ah, sorry, Hawkins and Lonergan...' Read into that what you will. Chris Scott #onthecouch

It may be nothing as well...

He had just been asked something like "would Frawley give you the option of putting a defender forward?" and was expanding on one of his 'theoretically anything is possible' sort of answers, so could have been nothing. I wish he would announce it already! Surely he wouldn't be far from confirming.

He had just been asked something like "would Frawley give you the option of putting a defender forward?" and was expanding on one of his 'theoretically anything is possible' sort of answers, so could have been nothing. I wish he would announce it already! Surely he wouldn't be far from confirming.

Not allowed to do it yet, is he? Don't they have to wait til the FA window opens?

Not allowed to do it yet, is he? Don't they have to wait til the FA window opens?

I'm probably getting ahead of myself. My assumption was that like trades it could be unofficially - publicly or otherwise- requested before the FA period officially opens. I haven't found any bylaws to support this.

I would suggest behind closed doors there are several deals/contracts already done or settled on, in fact I'm pretty sure that most of the players that have all of a sudden just decided to leave their clubs and happen to nominate the Hawks as the destination would have been woo'd and commited to the hawks well before trade week in those particular years.
Its just the the AFL rules dont allow it to become public before the designated time

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Matthew Lloyd on FC about Frawley:

"I think it's a no-brainer to go to Geelong, reportedly 5 years for 2.5 million...for me it's about how Geelong can help him save his career. It's not about just him helping them. They might be able to save him, because I think if he's to make the wrong choice and go to the wrong club, I'm not sure about him as a player at the moment. They've done it with Rivers."

Would be interesting watching him play alongside Hawkins and Kersten in the forwards ... Big big boys

Very much like Ottens imo. People forget he was on the nose , consider lazy etc when we got him.
If Frawley comes to Geelong , it will be only be expected for him to play his role and by doing that , the pressure should release and form will probably bloom again.

As long as it's not the reported salary amount I can't see why the club shouldn't take him. I'm sure Rivers have been in his ear, however the Hawks have more money to throw at him so it'll be a shock if we get him.

Matthew Lloyd on FC about Frawley:

"I think it's a no-brainer to go to Geelong, reportedly 5 years for 2.5 million...for me it's about how Geelong can help him save his career. It's not about just him helping them. They might be able to save him, because I think if he's to make the wrong choice and go to the wrong club, I'm not sure about him as a player at the moment. They've done it with Rivers."

Yes , and that female "know it all" dares to bag FA. If clubs wish to keep players , they should be able to off them the type of experience that will encourage them to stay. Players have no choice on where they commence their career , its only fair that they should choose where they reside after 8 years 139 games for 34 wins. That's enough to give anyone the "see you later" mindset. Year after year of controversy. chances wasted. enjoyment dissipated.
I will say this , its only fair that clubs get comp, its why I'm for it. If there was no comp, Melb and other like it would be the like the dead witch in Wizard of Oz , squashed and immolated for the sake of the stronger

You have the essence exactly right! Rivers still beams after every single win + he values the Club that gives him that winning feeling, where mistakes are OK + not game defining, as you said. The wonderful point is that Rivers knows the difference between the two states + I think that is why he gives 150% every game. Remember when he as annoyed with HMac a couple of weeks ago? I liked his reaction. IF Frawley does come to Geelong he has a mentor in Rivers + I'd expect him to respond very well. I raised the issue of Frawley not liking training, as said by Garry Lyon. Who could blame him, putting in all that effort, for little result. I also think that if or when he moves to another successful team, he will respond. Imagine how difficult it would be to lose game after game? Geez there are some DQ's on this board who lose it if we nearly lose lol.
I wouldn't trust everything Lyon says. His name might be a homophone for his nature :)

He started bagging Frawley when the rumours were strong about him coming to the Cattery, as if trying to put off anyone wanting him. And lots of players hate training- probably just as many as those who love training. I agree with you, if you're losing every week and your club just doesn't seem to have any ticker, it must be a struggle to front up every day :( Hopefully it'll be the culture at the Cattery that gets us over the line in grabbing him.

I don't understand this talk of saying Frawley is somehow compensation for the eventual retirements of Enright/Lonergan. What bollocks. The club can't stand still, and players will always come and go whether they've played 10 games or 280 games. So the Club always has to plan ahead, especially for when regular senior players retire or are delisted. Getting Frawley would be just just part of the ongoing management the club does to keep its list competitive. The same as getting Rivers, Caddy, McIntosh and all the players we've got through the draft. Last year we tried to get Heath Shaw or Dom Tyson but we failed on both counts. It's called List management, not compensation.

I think she meant 'replacement' instead of 'compensation'. A player acquisition to make up for the loss of another. That's how I read it anyway.
That's the way I read it too, GS, and my reply followed that line of thinking.

Btw, you've been gone for quite some time- welcome back! I hope it wasn't due to a BF ban?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back