AFL Cairns -- Season 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Have heard nothing remotely like this.
all ok, the hawks have named him in the side for the weekend. Perhaps the injury not as bad as first thought, looked very sinister after getting ambulanced away from the ground.
Kiss of death for this week

Hawks V Cutters
Cutters to win by over 150, Ritchie to get another best on and win the Best and Fairest for the hawks, great achievement for the young kid. Paul Smith to kick 15. Steve Doran to also teach his former club a thing or two.

Saints V Port
Will be match of the round. Saints will be hungry for a win but I think Port will be too strong and therefore consolidate 2nd spot via percentage. Port in form side in the comp and it would be great to see the flag go up the highway where it belongs!

Centrals V Lions
Two of the biggest disappointments of the year. Both teams talked up their finals chances fizzled out to nothing after the first few rounds. Nothing to play for here except who is the best out of the worst.

Norths V Bye
The bye was in great form when it claimed its first victory when hawks forfeited. Wouldnt be surprised if the bye steals tigers spot in the top 4. Would do the same damage imo.

What are you on? :eek::eek::eek:

That's not even humour

Your meds seem better than mine. :drunk:

Comment was made very tongue in cheek and I obviously got the desired effect. I might even wander down and watch how the "mighty cutters" go against a team who they should literally flog.

Kiss of death for this week -

Hawks V Cutters - With so many injuries and senior people away, the young Hawks outfit will be up against it. One positive to come out of tomorrow, the young fella's will gain an incredible amount of experience. On another note, Hawks have named a 15yr old at full forward.

Centrals V Lions - Even with the locals doing an Emu bob in the morning to clear up the terds, I don't think it will be enough to get the Bulldogs over the line. On paper, Lions should win this easily.

Saints V Port - Match of the round, should be a cracker of a game. I have to lean towards Saints but only because they're at home.

Cutters
Lions
Port

Comment was made very tongue in cheek and I obviously got the desired effect. I might even wander down and watch how the "mighty cutters" go against a team who they should literally flog.

You will always get a bite in here.

Cutters
Lions
Port

Souths fairly easy ---- great news Hawks naming 15 yr old FF it will help in his development good move.

Lions -----no amount of EMU bobbing will help --- and about time !!!

Tough game this one ---- no Walsh ----- hmmmmm ------- Port by a whisker

Hey all ok seen your absolute disgrace of a president abusing Souths players from the grandstand yesterday no wonder why your club is the the joke of the league at the moment!! Shouldn't the president lead by example???

all ok, the hawks have named him in the side for the weekend. Perhaps the injury not as bad as first thought, looked very sinister after getting ambulanced away from the ground.
Kiss of death for this week

Hawks V Cutters
Cutters to win by over 150, Ritchie to get another best on and win the Best and Fairest for the hawks, great achievement for the young kid. Paul Smith to kick 15. Steve Doran to also teach his former club a thing or two.

Saints V Port
Will be match of the round. Saints will be hungry for a win but I think Port will be too strong and therefore consolidate 2nd spot via percentage. Port in form side in the comp and it would be great to see the flag go up the highway where it belongs!

Centrals V Lions
Two of the biggest disappointments of the year. Both teams talked up their finals chances fizzled out to nothing after the first few rounds. Nothing to play for here except who is the best out of the worst.

Norths V Bye
The bye was in great form when it claimed its first victory when hawks forfeited. Wouldnt be surprised if the bye steals tigers spot in the top 4. Would do the same damage imo.

Cutters like many clubs before have tried to buy premierships by paying so much to too many players. They have imploded before, probably will again. hawks players get a token payment to help cover costs...the rest is guts and determination........you can't buy that.
Cutters should have won by 150. They even lost the 3rd quarter. Not a premiership winning performance. As for Doran..there is no love lost there. He only went to the club that could pay him. Btw..not a best on and no goals...really taught them a lesson eh!

Cutters like many clubs before have tried to buy premierships by paying so much to too many players. They have imploded before, probably will again. hawks players get a token payment to help cover costs...the rest is guts and determination........you can't buy that.
Cutters should have won by 150. They even lost the 3rd quarter. Not a premiership winning performance. As for Doran..there is no love lost there. He only went to the club that could pay him. Btw..not a best on and no goals...really taught them a lesson eh!
Not a premiership performance? Bit hard to play a good brand of footy when hawks have there whole team flooding the cutters forward line. By the way in finals to win a premiership, youre aren't up against teams that flood there back line to try and win. They've already conceded defeat. Although hawks will be dangerous team in the future. Good to see Smith get his ton as well.

How about real rising star talk? Harry Brayshaw from Cutters. Like young youth player of the year talent Daniel Smith, both hard at the footy and in and under packs. Wouldn't be a surprise to see these to up there. Karwan and Bowes have both missed too many games due to representative footy. Glendon Wossup? Disappeared. Heath Molloy, over-rated. Can be an asset ruck man, but up foward? Izzy Frank? Never heard of him... Ash Davidson, Daniel Smith, Mugzy Mooka or Karwan are my top 4

Bowes is a second rate player at best. His achievements may sound good on paper but after watching him play many times his performance is mediocre at best; an opinion many others hold and it honestly seems he is being highlighted to stand out. Both his performance at the game last Saturday and the way he played for the state side further proves this point. In the former he barely touched the ball as Cairns City Lion said. His performance for the state team was another average exploit, with his name not being in any write ups nor did he make it into the best players. These reasons alone prove that he should not have even been a candidate for the AIS and the write up for that drew on past endeavours that had nothing to do with the scholarship nor the state side making it even more laughable. The two other Cairns boys that went down; Karwan and Watson, played much better than him and along with many others players that did not make the AIS, earned a spot over Bowes. As for the rising star, Izzy Frank, Ashley Davidson, Karwan and Mugsy Mooka have shown themselves to be much better candidates for the award as they all possess real footy skills. Bowes is just another overrated pretty boy who does not have to do anything to gain achievements.

Chocolate aka Joel Karwans fat unemployed dad! Get a life mate, you are your kids downfall and stop trying to live your s**t existence of a life through your son! Get a job and focus on something other than why Jack Bowes is far and beyond joel and let your son develop to be the person and player he wants to be! #fat*needsalife!

Doran is a not worth a cent! I would have invested the payments in the kids and its good souths haven't denied the payments as Doran is telling everyone himself its happening ;) Tamba confident Souths will get the job done when it counts? Big ground and slow legs......... big questions!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Chocolate aka Joel Karwans fat unemployed dad! Get a life mate, you are your kids downfall and stop trying to live your s**t existence of a life through your son! Get a job and focus on something other than why Jack Bowes is far and beyond joel and let your son develop to be the person and player he wants to be! #fat****needsalife!

'Joel Karwan's fat unemployed dad' does not even know how to use a computer let alone even know about this forum. Like I said, I am a third party outsider who has noticed this kind of stuff happening for years and in no way did I favour Karwan? My original point, for the second ******* time, is that Bowes is undeserving of his 'achievements'. Yes, he probably will win the rising star based on those 'achievements' but other kids deserve it far more and it's really sad that you all really believe the opposite. Anyone with their head not in their ass can see Bowes is overrated and outside of this forum people say it all the time. This response sounds like another fat father trying to defend what was said about their son (aka Wayne Bowes) when it is just the truth and many agree with it, you just don't see it on this forum.
Anyway, great job by Ashley Davidson at the under 17 and a half grand final yesterday with his best on ground performance, he is definitely someone to watch.

How about real rising star talk? Harry Brayshaw from Cutters. Like young youth player of the year talent Daniel Smith, both hard at the footy and in and under packs. Wouldn't be a surprise to see these to up there. Karwan and Bowes have both missed too many games due to representative footy. Glendon Wossup? Disappeared. Heath Molloy, over-rated. Can be an asset ruck man, but up foward? Izzy Frank? Never heard of him... Ash Davidson, Daniel Smith, Mugzy Mooka or Karwan are my top 4

On performances this year Mugzy Mooka surely has any of the juniors from Centrals, Tigers and Lions covered. 14 games and in the best 9 times. Frank, Wossup, Karwan, Dan Smith, Charlesworth etc all promising players but of the players from the bottom 4 sides Mooka has to get it if one of the kids from the top 3 sides doesn't.
Of the players from the top 3 sides it needs to be taken into account it is a lot harder to get in the best with all the quality players around them unlike playing at the lower sides. Davidson has played 11 games for 6 goals, Bowes 11 games for 8 goals and the one who hasn't been mentioned is Clinton Chaffey from Souths, played 16 games in the side that finished on top and been in the best twice against Saints and Port. Not sure if his 6 games last year make him ineligible though...

Doran is a not worth a cent! I would have invested the payments in the kids and its good souths haven't denied the payments as Doran is telling everyone himself its happening ;)

Tamba confident Souths will get the job done when it counts?
Big ground and slow legs......... big questions
!

:) :D ;)

On performances this year Mugzy Mooka surely has any of the juniors from Centrals, Tigers and Lions covered. 14 games and in the best 9 times. Frank, Wossup, Karwan, Dan Smith, Charlesworth etc all promising players but of the players from the bottom 4 sides Mooka has to get it if one of the kids from the top 3 sides doesn't.
Of the players from the top 3 sides it needs to be taken into account it is a lot harder to get in the best with all the quality players around them unlike playing at the lower sides. Davidson has played 11 games for 6 goals, Bowes 11 games for 8 goals and the one who hasn't been mentioned is Clinton Chaffey from Souths, played 16 games in the side that finished on top and been in the best twice against Saints and Port. Not sure if his 6 games last year make him ineligible though...

From seeing Mugzy play previously, I saw then the kid has some talent -- develop him carefully , he will turnout to be a gun , just from my observations.

It is always harder in the top teams to win the awards ---- so many talented juniors unfortunately steal points from team mates . The lower & middle teams have a better chance

Mooka, an award to a back man? Its like Zac dawson winning a brownlow. Smith has played on ball the last 3 games with minimal redt up foward. Karwan resting at a half foward flank. Davidson resting on the bench from foward pocket...? Don't understand how outside players win awards, its the in and under midfielders that get it to them. They do the hard work while players like Bowes and Davidson look pretty

Not a premiership performance? Bit hard to play a good brand of footy when hawks have there whole team flooding the cutters forward line. By the way in finals to win a premiership, youre aren't up against teams that flood there back line to try and win. They've already conceded defeat. Although hawks will be dangerous team in the future. Good to see Smith get his ton as well.
I know how unfair of them to flood their forward line..they should have stayed where they were and let cutters beat them by 150...stupid hawks eh!

I went down to Cazalys out of curiousity on the weekend, Souths will need to improve if they're to play in the grand final. It seemed to me that the Cutters had difficulty playing on the wing on the Till St side of the ground. Unless they can get over that, they don't have a hope in hell. As for the Hawks, even though the score line didn't reflect it, the young Hawks put up a great fight. Whilst they were over run, they never gave up and the young guys definitely showed that they will be mixing it in the top four in the not so distant future. I watched this Doran fella that everyone is talking about, and he is definitely overated and dare I say it, a bit of a seagull. Well done to Smith kicking his 100, kicking a 100 in any comp is special.

I went down to Cazalys out of curiousity on the weekend, Souths will need to improve if they're to play in the grand final. It seemed to me that the Cutters had difficulty playing on the wing on the Till St side of the ground. Unless they can get over that, they don't have a hope in hell. As for the Hawks, even though the score line didn't reflect it, the young Hawks put up a great fight. Whilst they were over run, they never gave up and the young guys definitely showed that they will be mixing it in the top four in the not so distant future. I watched this Doran fella that everyone is talking about, and he is definitely overated and dare I say it, a bit of a seagull. Well done to Smith kicking his 100, kicking a 100 in any comp is special.

Agree with comments about going down the wing and the Hawks boys put up a good fight.

Young Mooka has certainly come of age this season and has to figure somewhere in the Rising Star Awards, he's definitely got a promising future.

Obviously Port couldn't overcome the tenacious Saints and Port will need to improve if they're going to win in September.

Agree with comments about going down the wing and the Hawks boys put up a good fight.

Young Mooka has certainly come of age this season and has to figure somewhere in the Rising Star Awards, he's definitely got a promising future.

Cutters for years have had trouble with that wing, this is no different. Previously they couldn't move the ball down that side , it just broke down all the time, Saints showed them up in the GF one year and shut them down on that side. Have never been able to figure it out why that side is taboo. They only use the grandstand or down the middle play.

'Joel Karwan's fat unemployed dad' does not even know how to use a computer let alone even know about this forum. Like I said, I am a third party outsider who has noticed this kind of stuff happening for years and in no way did I favour Karwan? My original point, for the second ******* time, is that Bowes is undeserving of his 'achievements'. Yes, he probably will win the rising star based on those 'achievements' but other kids deserve it far more and it's really sad that you all really believe the opposite. Anyone with their head not in their ass can see Bowes is overrated and outside of this forum people say it all the time. This response sounds like another fat father trying to defend what was said about their son (aka Wayne Bowes) when it is just the truth and many agree with it, you just don't see it on this forum.
Anyway, great job by Ashley Davidson at the under 17 and a half grand final yesterday with his best on ground performance, he is definitely someone to watch.

Get around Jack for free tickets to the AFL when he is listed and playing! #whathaveyoueverdone?

I have had the opportunity to run for both players, and I must say that Mr.Bowes and Mr.Karwin (Joel that is) are very similar. I believe that the age gap between the two is also rather small, despite Mr. Karwan's competition being more difficult. It was a sad day as that lad left my field. Overall the two are very even, however the downfall of the latter is most definitely his father; of whom is obnoxious, arrogant and a fool.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back