AFL Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Setanta won't be a cheap $100k or so, will he?

No his price will be based off last year's average, same as all other players. For example, Gary Ablett was still about $440K after moving to the Suns.

No his price will be based off last year's average, same as all other players. For example, Gary Ablett was still about $440K after moving to the Suns.

The key difference here is that Ablett was traded/unsigned concession, whereas Setanta went through the National Draft, so its a legitimate question.

I believe his price will still be based on last year's average, although its not a given. Matthew Spangher was in a similar position last year, and was priced based on his 2010 average.

Backs: Smedts, Ellis, B.Mckenzie, Astbury, N.Blee, Hombasch, Wilkes, S.Morris, M.Clarke W.Sierakowski

Mids: Coniglio, Wingard, Kavanagh, T.Mitchell, Grigg, Cal Bartlett, Morabito, K.Stevens, S.Reid (GWS), Shiels, Treloar, Darley, Clifton

Rucks: Giles, Orren Stephenson, Sellar

Fwds: Rowe, Porplyzia, Panos, L.Brown, A.Strijk, Z.Skinner, T.Dickson, Wilkes, T.Milera, A.Saad (Medhurst, Fevola),

Backs: Smedts, Ellis, B.Mckenzie, Astbury, N.Blee, Hombasch, Wilkes

Mids: Coniglio, Wingard, Kavanagh, T.Mitchell, Grigg, Cal Bartlett, Morabito, K.Stevens, S.Reid (GWS), Shiels, Treloar, Darley, Clifton

Rucks: Giles, Orren Stephenson, Sellar

Fwds: Rowe, Porplyzia, Panos, L.Brown, A.Strijk, Z.Skinner, T.Dickson, Wilkes (Medhurst, Fevola),
are the best i.m.o and isnt luke brown supposed the be a back??? and hopefully monty right about mora being a fwd that would be sweet as :D

are the best i.m.o and isnt luke brown supposed the be a back??? and hopefully monty right about mora being a fwd that would be sweet as :D

From what i know Luke brown is a small forward/midfielder a player the crows targeted for a need

You dont like Porplyzia?

Or wilkes? I think the saints have taken him with the thought that he will play Full forward or a key back probably with Dawson gone

Astbury also very good, depends how he recovered from his knee injury, but he is a great talent who could really start to blossom.

Witts, Murdoch, Sutcliffe could also be options considering they are more mature and 92 birthdays played at league level a bit already. Have pretty tough teams to break into though.

Cannot for the life of me, see how Morabito is a forward. Whenever there is doubt the VS lean on the side of making it harder with player positions (ie: cunnington, trengrove were more forward than morabito)

From what i know Luke brown is a small forward/midfielder a player the crows targeted for a need

You dont like Porplyzia?

Or wilkes? I think the saints have taken him with the thought that he will play Full forward or a key back probably with Dawson gone

Astbury also very good, depends how he recovered from his knee injury, but he is a great talent who could really start to blossom.

Witts, Murdoch, Sutcliffe could also be options considering they are more mature and 92 birthdays played at league level a bit already. Have pretty tough teams to break into though.

Cannot for the life of me, see how Morabito is a forward. Whenever there is doubt the VS lean on the side of making it harder with player positions (ie: cunnington, trengrove were more forward than morabito)
oh well if brown is a fwd i will still pick him

nah dont trust porps

might get wilkes depending on price of course

wont be falling for astbury again :rolleyes:

dont know anything about witts,murdoch or sutcliffe

and hopefully they make mora a fwd and dont make him to expensive;)

Seriously doubt Morabito will be a FWD brahs. But say he is, are you going to take him? with Porps, and/or Didak etc?

There is going to be a lot of risky picks in that position that all have their own merit and relevance. How many of these type of guys to have in the one position do you's think would be pushing it to being a bit too risky.

I'll be focusing very closely on the mature age blokes for next year folks. Being a Saints man myself I'll paying special interest to Saad and Milera.

Seriously doubt Morabito will be a FWD brahs. But say he is, are you going to take him? with Porps, and/or Didak etc?

There is going to be a lot of risky picks in that position that all have their own merit and relevance. How many of these type of guys to have in the one position do you's think would be pushing it to being a bit too risky.

In his first year he snt a lot of time on the HFF, so it would not be surprising at all. Maybe a sole fwd would be a surprise but a F/M would fit with where he played prior to injury.

In his first year he snt a lot of time on the HFF, so it would not be surprising at all. Maybe a sole fwd would be a surprise but a F/M would fit with where he played prior to injury.

So Champion Data assessed his first year in 2010 and based on that allocated him mid only status in 2011.

Given he hasn't played since why would they change that?

So Champion Data assessed his first year in 2010 and based on that allocated him mid only status in 2011.

Given he hasn't played since why would they change that?
Who knows but they have been proven to be unpredictable with their positioning such as Gilbert getting forward status this season.

Who knows but they have been proven to be unpredictable with their positioning such as Gilbert getting forward status this season.

The previous posters argument was that he played forward in his first year, that has already been factored in by CD so no reason to change.

I've never seen a players DT position changed the next year when he has not played for the whole season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The previous posters argument was that he played forward in his first year, that has already been factored in by CD so no reason to change.

I've never seen a players DT position changed the next year when he has not played for the whole season.

Yep, good point.

Just giving the real world view. You're right about CD ignoring it last year so there is little reason to expect a change.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back