Roast AFL Fantasy is an utter joke

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm not having any issues with Fantasy anymore?

What browser are you people running? I use Chrome. The graphics/colours are much better than the Virtual Sports one also.

Likewise. Not sure what VS has in this regard, but the new History section is pretty awesome:

upload_2014-5-17_13-17-47.png

Definitely started out as a sub-par experience but to their credit the site has continually improved week-over-week.

Really enjoying having the two formats tbh, different enough to keep it interesting. Fantasy is tailored to those who like more risky picks, RDT is standard GnR strategy.

Hope both keep going next year
It's gone the complete opposite direction for me. Having two formats has made it less enjoyable.

First, there's the increased time commitment and the need to turn my mind to separate strategies for each competition. Like many, I have just ended up completely switching off my mind to one format and making risky trades, not caring too much about the outcome.

Second, I get stuck in a love/hate relationship with certain players every week. For example, I have Pendles in Fantasy but not RDT so if I come up against a team in an RDT league with Pendles I want him to score low...but then this hurts my Fantasy team score.

I will definitely only be playing one format next year...the hard part will be organising all my mates.

It's gone the complete opposite direction for me. Having two formats has made it less enjoyable.

First, there's the increased time commitment and the need to turn my mind to separate strategies for each competition. Like many, I have just ended up completely switching off my mind to one format and making risky trades, not caring too much about the outcome.

Second, I get stuck in a love/hate relationship with certain players every week. For example, I have Pendles in Fantasy but not RDT so if I come up against a team in an RDT league with Pendles I want him to score low...but then this hurts my Fantasy team score.

I will definitely only be playing one format next year...the hard part will be organising all my mates.

if fantasy stays the same it will be an easy decision

I've just updated the iphone app and it's eliminated dpp trades. Anyone know how to do this?

Lol,

Wasn't the newly released version supposed to fix that issue?

Pretty sure their release notes said that.

I will never bank with NAB for supporting this crap they obviously don't give a toss about anyone or they'd have made sure it was better than last year and not allowed this Commodore 64 garbage.
Quoted for the lulz, you dickhead.
Not sure if serious, but if you are - you have my sympathy.

actually its made it easier for me to sit on trades in RDT... for when the whips are cracking!

And just as they were starting to get it working OK, the league matchup page is broken and I can't view how I'm doing. *sigh*

Just had a look at Tom Liberatores' fantasy record. I thought it was an improvement that they've now got more information on it than they did at the start, but then I had a second look. His last 5 listed scores are 111, 110, 146, 111 and 121 but it has his 3-rd average as 93.67 and his 5-rd average as 100.4. You don't need a computer to know that's wrong.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just had a look at Tom Liberatores' fantasy record. I thought it was an improvement that they've now got more information on it than they did at the start, but then I had a second look. His last 5 listed scores are 111, 110, 146, 111 and 121 but it has his 3-rd average as 93.67 and his 5-rd average as 100.4. You don't need a computer to know that's wrong.

Good catch.

Wait and see if it corrects after lockout. If it doesn't you should let fanhub know.

Good catch.

Wait and see if it corrects after lockout. If it doesn't you should let fanhub know.

Just had a second look at it now that the game is over. The figures are correct now.

AFL Fantasy... I want to trade out Jed Bews (DEF), swap with Langdon who is on my MID bench, and then swap that slot with Shenton who is on my FWD bench, then trade in a forward.
Doesn't seem to like this, but I thought this was a valid option now?

I can swap Langdon into defence, but then it doesn't give me any further option other than to trade in a MID.

AFL Fantasy... I want to trade out Jed Bews (DEF), swap with Langdon who is on my MID bench, and then swap that slot with Shenton who is on my FWD bench, then trade in a forward.
Doesn't seem to like this, but I thought this was a valid option now?

I can swap Langdon into defence, but then it doesn't give me any further option other than to trade in a MID.
Yeah you can't do triple swaps unfortunately, never have been able to

I think it's an utter joke because of the new user interface. It is absolutely appalling, so I don't know why they put it online when it obviously hadn't been fine tuned and perfected. They have made a few improvements over the last couple of weeks, but it still has some issues.
Just one example of this is when you can't view other people's matchday teams after the completion of he round.

There is no easy way to view all of your previous trades on. 1 page. Having to click each round is a pain. Not being able to search for friends in the ranking column is also annoying. Even though i can see my friends team in the league tab, i still cant find out their overally ranking. Scrolling through rankings by "load more" is very tedious.

So much needs to improve.

Alright, might be a rookie question but it's escaped me so far. How does one find out how many teams there are in total in Fantasy? Or at least their percentage rank. It's not something I've seen.

Alright, might be a rookie question but it's escaped me so far. How does one find out how many teams there are in total in Fantasy? Or at least their percentage rank. It's not something I've seen.
havent seen it also. There are a lot of features that dont seem to be included, or are very hard to find.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back