AFL Live 2

Remove this Banner Ad

What a shame about the goal kicking, it has really ruined the game:mad:
Also the I now find the gap between medium and hard too great.
Win comfortably on medium but get smashed on hard. Won't fork out for DLC unless goal kicking glitch gets fixed......
There is a big jump in difficulty but I've found it much easier when I can win some ruck contests which can be done you just have to hit it as soon as the circle turns green, no sooner no later although even if you lose the ruck it still isn't too hard to get the clearance. The biggest problem for me ( which I'm happy to play through until a patch or Live 3) is the bench glitches, yesterday I had sandilands on the field and Clarke in the ruck so when he got fatigued he switched with Crowley who was on the bench at the time but whenever I tried to put sandi in the ruck it swapped sandilands for Clarke and Crowley stayed in the ruck.

There is a big jump in difficulty but I've found it much easier when I can win some ruck contests which can be done you just have to hit it as soon as the circle turns green, no sooner no later although even if you lose the ruck it still isn't too hard to get the clearance. The biggest problem for me ( which I'm happy to play through until a patch or Live 3) is the bench glitches, yesterday I had sandilands on the field and Clarke in the ruck so when he got fatigued he switched with Crowley who was on the bench at the time but whenever I tried to put sandi in the ruck it swapped sandilands for Clarke and Crowley stayed in the ruck.
image.jpg

Put Clarke as first on the bench and when Sandilands gets fatigued it should swap, works for port when lobbe gets fatigued redden is first on bench they both swap no hassles. Your first ruckman doesn't go onto any other position on the field it goes to the other 2 bench players if another player like a mid is fatigued.

Put Clarke as first on the bench and when Sandilands gets fatigued it should swap, works for port when lobbe gets fatigued redden is first on bench they both swap no hassles. Your first ruckman doesn't go onto any other position on the field it goes to the other 2 bench players if another player like a mid is fatigued.
yeah that's how I've been doing it most of the time but this time I had Bootsma ( don't ask haha) come off injured and was replaced by Sandilands which meant my first bench position now couldn't be used and when I tried to sub Bootsma off for Pearce it sent Pearce on and subbed off Sylvia. For me it's a minor issue but still something that needs fixing.

Could anybody give me some set shot tips? I'm absolutely terrible at them.

I found sometimes holding the controller on a slight angle when flicking back and forth helps. When I used to release what I thought was the 'straightest' point it would always fade left right at the end. Maybe that helps!!

Can any Xbox 360 users with the DLC confirm that the 2014 Lists appear as separate lists to the default? Even more specific does this mean players that retired/delisted at the end of 2013 such as Jolly could now be taken from Collingwood of 2013 into a team of 2014? Thanks!

I found sometimes holding the controller on a slight angle when flicking back and forth helps. When I used to release what I thought was the 'straightest' point it would always fade left right at the end. Maybe that helps!!

I'll try that. Thanks!

Reckon I've figured out the botched goal kicking after playing a game just then. The developers made it so that when kicking at goal the skill of the player is obviously taken into account but more so pressure; in general play I had 1 player chasing bellchambers and he kicked a goal from about 30-40 out however in the next play I had 2 players pressuring daniher and he missed to the left so there is a way for the AI to score behinds! Unfortunately this has translated into set shot kicking, when the AI is taking set shots there is no pressure around them not even from the man on the mark because you can't control whether or not they jump so automatically they kick it 100% of the time

THE player STATS/ RATINGS MAKE NO DIFFERENCE WITH THE AI WITH THE NEW PATCH !!!!! OK, Sorry about the emphasis, but a game I defended and liked so much has turn to caca. So much that I have gone back to play AFl live 1. I purposely lowered the kicking stat to half on every player, and lowered consistency stat to half, and the AI continues to not miss the set shot. The stats/ratings are irrelevant . The last game I tried the AI scored 145 points and No behinds. Wicked Witch Please bring back patch 1.01, in which I praised up and down or fix the super AI set shots, and at times shots in general. How can anybody like this better? The only way is if you completely mastered the game, and you need these AI cheats in order to keep the score close. Does anyone have a workaround for getting patch 1.01 back?

Cheers

The last game I tried the AI scored 145 points
While the ai accuracy needs to be fixed, if you're getting scores like that then you're not playing good enough ( don't mean to sound like a dick) I usually get a range of wins and losses around the 20-30 point mark with realistic total scores and the ai usually score a minimum of 2-3 behinds a game ( and some out on the fulls) and at times have scored 6-9+ behinds in a match. As others have said it's all about doing well in marking contests and putting pressure on the ball carrier.

Ross, this is where you come in to save the day

You know it's my passion, and on that note, finally a bloody win on the weekend!

It was never our choice to depart from making AFL games. It's not up to us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

yeah that's how I've been doing it most of the time but this time I had Bootsma ( don't ask haha) come off injured and was replaced by Sandilands which meant my first bench position now couldn't be used and when I tried to sub Bootsma off for Pearce it sent Pearce on and subbed off Sylvia. For me it's a minor issue but still something that needs fixing.

haha yeah subbing is still flawed white came onto the right wing for cornes (injured) subbed impey on for cornes white becomes sub :confused: For most of the games so far interchange for ruck and general players have been perfect I don't know if it is just because of the endurance of lobbe and my other player but yeah, when I play on hard players come flying on and off the bench where as on medium only 3-5 interchanges happen per game and players go to the right areas except when you are trying to sub.

THE player STATS/ RATINGS MAKE NO DIFFERENCE WITH THE AI WITH THE NEW PATCH !!!!! OK, Sorry about the emphasis, but a game I defended and liked so much has turn to caca. So much that I have gone back to play AFl live 1. I purposely lowered the kicking stat to half on every player, and lowered consistency stat to half, and the AI continues to not miss the set shot. The stats/ratings are irrelevant . The last game I tried the AI scored 145 points and No behinds. Wicked Witch Please bring back patch 1.01, in which I praised up and down or fix the super AI set shots, and at times shots in general. How can anybody like this better? The only way is if you completely mastered the game, and you need these AI cheats in order to keep the score close. Does anyone have a workaround for getting patch 1.01 back?

Cheers

Well that escalated quickly haha, the post was more to do with the pressure the AI is under rather then skills I accidentally put that in woops! When the AI marks in their forward 50 it is guaranteed a goal no matter what you do because you can't pressure them in anyway at all. I was talking about more when the ball is loose in their forward 50 and their running shots at goal rather than set; they can make miss when they are on the run. Yeah the stats and wind pretty much do nothing just played 2 games then schulz was kicking them straight through the middle for the first but for the second kept going left even though I did the same technique.

Since playing on hard the game is pretty competitive and weird to say fun for me. Heaps of lead changes only for me to win by 27 points, interchanges are perfect bar substitutes, Tribunal is pretty weird pittard got 7 weeks for who knows, pressuring through run downs smothers and general chasing is quite fun and causes the AI to miss though set shots still need to be fixed because as said earlier you can't do anything at all. It took a very long time to get used to everything but just saying its not all negative in the scheme of things. (was not paid by anybody to post this honest opinion)

Since playing on hard the game is pretty competitive and weird to say fun for me. Heaps of lead changes only for me to win by 27 points, interchanges are perfect bar substitutes, Tribunal is pretty weird pittard got 7 weeks for who knows, pressuring through run downs smothers and general chasing is quite fun and causes the AI to miss though set shots still need to be fixed because as said earlier you can't do anything at all. It took a very long time to get used to everything but just saying its not all negative in the scheme of things. (was not paid by anybody to post this honest opinion)

I feel the same I've had some of the most competitive matches I've ever had in an AFL game with this patch which is refreshing. I agree the tribunal makes no sense although it is cool to see free kicks paid for push in the back and head over the ball and for them to be accurate 90% of the time.

It was never our choice to depart from making AFL games. It's not up to us.

Can I just say Ross that I really do thoroughly enjoy both games and while I do realise that Big Ant is the better developer for the AFL series ( got reminded of this while playing RLL2 again on the weekend) , I support Live 2 because it is a lot better than the ps2 games of old and it has potential ( which is largely thanks to Live 1 raising the bar) and because I'd rather have an AFL game at all than Tru Blu deciding to can the series because of all the negative feedback from the WW games and them maybe deciding that RL and Cricket are more profitable and therefore more worthwhile for you guys to spend your time on.

Some quick points on the patch
- Like the marking contests, they're not easy but that's the point
- Hate the AI set shot goal kicking
- AI ball use has improved but still kick to contests a little to often and are a bit slow to move the footy, at least they now generally kick to advantage
- Really disappointed a tagging option wasn't included
- Is there a way to snap the ball!?!
- Graphics are impressive, not FIFA standard but impressive. Stadiums in particular
- Not a fan of having to unlock stadiums for single games, would love to be able to play at QE oval, Williamstown etc with mates instead of having to complete tasks first

I reckon the patch has edged AFL live 2 marginally ahead of 1, although the way 1 played (tactics, gameplay, AI skill etc) had the potential to be a much better game. However am content with WW progress

BigAntStudios much chance of you getting the license back, or has that ship officially sailed?

Um, how did they score an odd number with no behinds?

Ok , technically 1 behind, but that is only because I got a hand on it and deferred from the goal. Your missing the point. There is absolutely no anticipation when the AI kicks a set shot. Hmm wonder if they are going to make the shot, no, they will make the shot! This needs to be corrected, why are you guys supporting this, Wicked Witch made a big mistake, that should be an easy fix. I praised both afl live 2 and afl gold for what it is , but this is just wrong!! On top of it we can't go back to the old patch, that is what is most irritating.

Cheers

While the ai accuracy needs to be fixed, if you're getting scores like that then you're not playing good enough ( don't mean to sound like a dick) I usually get a range of wins and losses around the 20-30 point mark with realistic total scores and the ai usually score a minimum of 2-3 behinds a game ( and some out on the fulls) and at times have scored 6-9+ behinds in a match. As others have said it's all about doing well in marking contests and putting pressure on the ball carrier.

By saying this your a just excusing this mistake, the AI making 90 t0 99% of there set shot is just wrong, point. Regardless of how I play. And this should of been picked up in the testing. I liked the game very much, but this ruins it for me. And you don't sound like a dick:) you are just confused because I never said I lost the game, I actually won and the score is relevant to how long the game is , I play 40 minute games and on medium. In other words they could have the AI play on hard , have them miss a couple of difficult set shots and it still would be challenging. And yes the kicks on the run are fine, and seem to work fairly well, because if you are on them they will miss. It is the set shot that is a problem, and this did not exist in the old patch, they could of increased the set shots % of going in but not by 99%.:) And be honest with yourself the 6-9 behinds came mostly from kicks on the run, not from them missing set shots:)

Cheers

Never trade that disk, had many people buy it back more than once :)
Ha, Ha, yea at least going back to AFL 1 I see why I like both games for different reasons. When I get tired of one I play the other. Both games have there strengths in completely different areas. A hybrid of both would be awesome, how come no one has thought of using the right analog to set a second player in motion to get open for a kick? Would be a great addition for AFL live 3:).

Cheers

I honestly reckon Big Ant should self develop and publish a game called "State Footy". Get the licensing for VFL,SANFL,WAFL,NEAFL and TSL and licensing to all stadiums used. Have the AFL teams in there but unlicensed. Include DBC14s Academy and make it the Footy factory so everyone can just make the afl players and lists. It would be SICK.

I honestly reckon Big Ant should self develop and publish a game called "State Footy". Get the licensing for VFL,SANFL,WAFL,NEAFL and TSL and licensing to all stadiums used. Have the AFL teams in there but unlicensed. Include DBC14s Academy and make it the Footy factory so everyone can just make the afl players and lists. It would be SICK.

Even just AFL Live 1's gameplay with DBC's Academy and game/team customisation would be enough for me.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back