AFL Punting thread

Remove this Banner Ad

That 38.5 line looks a luxury if it's going to be as wet as they say!
Most definitely, we are in good form, will miss Libber n Wallis more than ever but I'm very confident we can smash that line n moderately optimistic about the win.

That's the exact multi I was thinking about earlier today! You've inspired me to chuck a few Pavarottis on
Good to know I'm not totally off track then..good luck to both of us

Question for the bigger punters if you have a most goals or most possession bet and multiple players have the same goals or possessions do all get paid out
The odds get divided by however many players shared the most goals/possessions. So for example, if you bet on Elliott for most goals at say $8, as it was a 4 way tie, the bet would get paid out at $2. I am pretty sure that is how most bookies pay out anyway.

The odds get divided by however many players shared the most goals/possessions. So for example, if you bet on Elliott for most goals at say $8, as it was a 4 way tie, the bet would get paid out at $2. I am pretty sure that is how most bookies pay out anyway.

Thanks yea had Pendlebury most possessions/Elliot most goals and was wondering why my odds were quartered

Got the Pies up for the challenge!

Have a multi
Pies @ line :thumbsu:
Cats @ line :thumbsu:
Dogs @ line :thumbsu:
North @ line
Port @ line
It's a super multi so four legs will pay out! I understand if you all hate me for not taking the Dpgs outright! :p

Got the Pies up for the challenge!

Have a multi
Pies @ line :thumbsu:
Cats @ line :thumbsu:
Dogs @ line :thumbsu:
North @ line
Port @ line
It's a super multi so four legs will pay out! I understand if you all hate me for not taking the Dpgs outright! :p
#lolnorfandfargy

Need Port to win by 9 or more!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bookies have been generous so far

I got $3.80 against Richmond, $3.85 against Adelaide and $6.00 against the Swans today

my only miss was taking the line against the Hawks.

currently have a multi going with Dogs into Hawks, Freo, Ess and Adel @ $25.58

cant see the bookies will be so generous in future.

$37 on Pies @$1.55 = $57.35 (+$0.20 remainder=$57.55 if wins).
$57 on us @ $1.25= $71.25 + $0.55 remainder = $71.80 if wins.
Starting to get nervous about the quantity of bet haha. Might have to bank half soon :p

Last edited:
Just remembered I have a $5 bet (big spender :D) on us to win the season handicap (+40). I'm not even certain how it works lol but we are probably on top at the moment. Pays $15:1 so $70.
Every team gets a handicap at the start of the year apart from the Hawks (off scratch) I'm guessing. So basically we start the season on ten wins and add any wins we have to that. At the end of the year the team with the most premiership points plus handicap wins! Dare say we'd be on top at the moment as we would have had the second or third highest handicap probably! So probably us, Melbourne, maybe Collingwood and GWS would be near the top! Not sure where you could get a hold of every teams handicap though :/

Every team gets a handicap at the start of the year apart from the Hawks (off scratch) I'm guessing. So basically we start the season on ten wins and add any wins we have to that. At the end of the year the team with the most premiership points plus handicap wins! Dare say we'd be on top at the moment as we would have had the second or third highest handicap probably! So probably us, Melbourne, maybe Collingwood and GWS would be near the top! Not sure where you could get a hold of every teams handicap though :/

Yeah that's what I assumed. I can't remember if the starting handicap was just reverse ladder order or if number of wins/points last year came into it. I have a feeling it might have just been reverse ladder order as it was a pretty linear scale from memory.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back