Preview AFL Round 19 - North Melbourne v Geelong, Etihad Stadium, 7:40PM Saturday 2 August

Predict the result

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
AFL Premiership Round 19
North Melbourne v Geelong

North-logo-2007.gif
--------- V ---------
Geelong-logo-2008.gif

Saturday 2 August
Etihad Stadium 7:40 PM (Local Time)
Melbourne Forecast Melbourne Radar

Last edited:

Expecting the Roos to come out breathing fire.
Let's hope the Cats actually turn up after the bye.
or could be as flat as a s**t carters hat, North are a bit hard to predict. They might be low on confidence. We just need to start strongly.

Need to come out firing because I'm sure North will! Kick straight for once and see how much difference it makes!

Bring in Christensen for Hartman & Blicavs in for Simpson. I could also see McCarthy coming in for maybe Murdoch after kicking 5 goals in the VFL on the weekend, hopefully he can bring more pressure as well which Murdoch seems to have dropped lately (rest will help Murdoch). Also maybe bring in Bews (I don't know who for) who could take Lindsay Thomas.

Need to come out firing because I'm sure North will! Kick straight for once and see how much difference it makes!

Bring in Christensen for Hartman & Blicavs in for Simpson. I could also see McCarthy coming in for maybe Murdoch after kicking 5 goals in the VFL on the weekend, hopefully he can bring more pressure as well which Murdoch seems to have dropped lately (rest will help Murdoch). Also maybe bring in Bews (I don't know who for) who could take Lindsay Thomas.
Would like to see McCarthy get a chance @ the crumbing gig, also like to see Bews back 4 the Freo game at least..

or could be as flat as a s**t carters hat, North are a bit hard to predict. They might be low on confidence. We just need to start strongly.

That would be great.

What would be greater is if we maintain reasonable intensity for the rest of the game so that the opposition doesn't get their opportunity to climb back into the contest.

Seems to have happened almost weekly since the early rounds of the season.:mad:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We've come through the last 4 weeks of playing bottom sides with 4 wins, but not without a fight. The days of smashing teams is over, but the Catters achieved what it had to. I believe that if we're to stay in the top 4 we need to win at least two of the three games against Hawthorn, Freo, & NM (Given that 'on paper' we should be able to beat Carlton & Brisbane). So this game looms as probably the most pivotal for the season so far. A loss here could set us up to finish 5th (some would argue where we deserve), so the days of the Cats saying, "Our best footy is in front of us," are over. They need to produce it now.

I really think this is a 50/50 game for us because NM believe they can beat us now. The question remains which NM will turn up. I'm sure they'll be hurting after losing to Carlton, but the bye will also blunt that a bit. They have to wait an extra week to redeem themselves, and that may play into our favour compared to if the game was this weekend coming. This next five weeks is where we'll find out where our team is really at. This is the business end of the season, the time for talk is over. The time to deliver results is here.

We've come through the last 4 weeks of playing bottom sides with 4 wins, but not without a fight. The days of smashing teams is over, but the Catters achieved what it had to. I believe that if we're to stay in the top 4 we need to win at least two of the three games against Hawthorn, Freo, & NM (Given that 'on paper' we should be able to beat Carlton & Brisbane). So this game looms as probably the most pivotal for the season so far. A loss here could set us up to finish 5th (some would argue where we deserve), so the days of the Cats saying, "Our best footy is in front of us," are over. They need to produce it now.

I really think this is a 50/50 game for us because NM believe they can beat us now. The question remains which NM will turn up. I'm sure they'll be hurting after losing to Carlton, but the bye will also blunt that a bit. They have to wait an extra week to redeem themselves, and that may play into our favour compared to if the game was this weekend coming. This next five weeks is where we'll find out where our team is really at. This is the business end of the season, the time for talk is over. The time to deliver results is here.

We tend to play like s**t first game back after the bye.
Hopefully we can turn up and put in a 4Q effort.

A few areas we need to improve in.

1. We're in desperate need of a true crumbing forward.

2. We're still too tall in the backline. I'm not sure who supplies Mackie's boots, but I've never seen another player fall over as much as him...keep your feet.

3. The sub's not having enough of an impact and it may be a reason for our tardy finishes to games. GWS came back with a flurry and Hartman didn't touch the ball.

4. Inaccuracy.

5. Murdoch's disposal and decision making.

In saying that, my changes would be.

In: Bews, Christensen, Blicavs

Out: Murdoch, Hartman, Simpson

Varcoe sub.

3. The sub's not having enough of an impact and it may be a reason for our tardy finishes to games. GWS came back with a flurry and Hartman didn't touch the ball.
This is to be expected; whereas many clubs use the sub for tactical impact we use it to get games into players.

This is to be expected; whereas many clubs use the sub for tactical impact we use it to get games into players.
It may be something to think about. In my opinion we need someone coming on late who can run and impact the game.

Quick stat: We are currently ranked last (equal with the saints) for goalkicking accuracy this year. If we just bloody kick a bit better in front of goal, we can really improve our game as a whole. We keep creating opportunities, but then squander them. Our goalkicking accuracy this season is 46.3%.

Quick stat: We are currently ranked last (equal with the saints) for goalkicking accuracy this year. If we just bloody kick a bit better in front of goal, we can really improve our game as a whole. We keep creating opportunities, but then squander them. Our goalkicking accuracy this season is 46.3%.
And we all remember what happened in the 2008 *rand *inal

A few areas we need to improve in.

1. We're in desperate need of a true crumbing forward.

2. We're still too tall in the backline. I'm not sure who supplies Mackie's boots, but I've never seen another player fall over as much as him...keep your feet.

4. Inaccuracy.

5. Murdoch's disposal and decision making.

In saying that, my changes would be.

In: Bews, Christensen, Blicavs

Out: Murdoch, Hartman, Simpson

Varcoe sub.

Love the changes.

If we stop Thomas and Harvey we win.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back