AFL Silver Membership Waitlist Number

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this actually legit? Only one membership bar code needed?

Well i went on Sunday morning for a look (I had to wait until monday with the missus) and it said the dining was sold out.

Anyway i clicked on the Sold Out link and it directed me to my ticketmaster/afl account. I logged in and it had the GF dining package linked to my Full membership (Price of $560). I clicked a large quantity (~10) and it added to my cart.

I could have, i assume, checked out and received those tickets. A few hrs later and it was removed from the ticketmaster/afl account (sold out)

I would have got one for my old lady if i knew it didn't mess with my afl members ticket...but not taking that risk

I bet cunning AFL members are buying heaps of $560 tickets and flogging them off to desperados for $2k a pop.

I don't know what the entry requirements are for dining room tickets

Well i went on Sunday morning for a look (I had to wait until monday with the missus) and it said the dining was sold out.

Anyway i clicked on the Sold Out link and it directed me to my ticketmaster/afl account. I logged in and it had the GF dining package linked to my Full membership (Price of $560). I clicked a large quantity (~10) and it added to my cart.

I could have, i assume, checked out and received those tickets. A few hrs later and it was removed from the ticketmaster/afl account (sold out)

I would have got one for my old lady if i knew it didn't mess with my afl members ticket...but not taking that risk
Surely you need a membership card to prove you're a member?

Nah it's one ticket per membership. If you'd processed the order you would've gotten a very stern phone call.

I got a phone call from AFL Membership the other week, about a ticket buying issue. Real bitch of a woman.

I had my membership card checked yesterday - but they didn't cross-check it with my ID. He had a little handheld device with him that looked like it could've/would've scanned the info on my card, but he didn't use it.

-----------

First time I've been to the GF yesterday.

You know what struck me most before the game? The amount of West Coast supporters there. There were a LOT more Eagles fans there yesterday than there are AFL members with club support.

How were whole bays being sold off to Eagles fans? How badly are members being screwed in buying AFL membership for the benefit of getting GF tickets, for only a fraction of the tickets in the reserve to be available to members? I think I read somewhere that there are 21k in the members reserve - anyone want to hazard a guess as to how many are available to paying members?

Membership was a no-brainer for me. The 40 games you get to go to were really just gravy. But after seeing that yesterday, and knowing the difficulty that I had in getting a crap seat, I no longer have any confidence that AFL membership is the best way to secure GF tickets; as a silver member, it's definitely not the best way to secure a decent seat.

Re signature / membership checks: last time I was in the reserve they had guys in suits in clipboards. Yesterday, I waited out front for a bit to see what the go was. Ended up seeing a guy and girl (mostly guy) wearing same orange top as gate attendants, standing in front of turn styles asking for membership card. If you didn't have one, the guy told you to go to side window. I think attendee was still allowed to enter ground.

I just waited until guy had a break before I entered.

Membership was a no-brainer for me. The 40 games you get to go to were really just gravy. But after seeing that yesterday, and knowing the difficulty that I had in getting a crap seat, I no longer have any confidence that AFL membership is the best way to secure GF tickets; as a silver member, it's definitely not the best way to secure a decent seat.

Imo the cheapest way for west coast fans to get guaranteed gf tickets is to find someone who has a Melbourne address and get them

http://www.wcemembership.com.au/product/victorian-platinum

They've only been running it for a couple of years so things may change but I got better seats than many noteholders.

N29

pBnGr8X.jpg

Was wondering who those dining room people was.

Yeah I think I saw a few people who looked like they were membership checkers outside Gate 7 - bit hard to tell with the MCG attendants new uniforms - but I wasn't checked myself. Was not that many people around at 11.45am, so they might have ramped up the process later on closer to the start of the game & entertainment.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There were a LOT more Eagles fans there yesterday than there are AFL members with club support.

How were whole bays being sold off to Eagles fans? How badly are members being screwed in buying AFL membership for the benefit of getting GF tickets, for only a fraction of the tickets in the reserve to be available to members?
Buying up dining room tickets? That thing will end up taking over level 2 in a few years.

My brother and I were checked at gate 6, just before we actually scanned in. He's lost his card (legit) so he had to call up and get his barcode to book tickets. The guy just asked for his license, recorded the name, DOB and address with a pen on a scrap bit of paper and that was that, in we went.

I just had to show my membership card, no cross check with ID.

My brother and I were checked at gate 6, just before we actually scanned in. He's lost his card (legit) so he had to call up and get his barcode to book tickets. The guy just asked for his license, recorded the name, DOB and address with a pen on a scrap bit of paper and that was that, in we went.

I just had to show my membership card, no cross check with ID.

Last year it was ID. Guess that's it. Just give the person the card and you are set

As a silver member it's not supposed too...

Did you read the rest of the post?

Perhaps if they weren't obviously selling thousands and thousands of tickets to non members, maybe their loyal members would be able to get decent seats.

Did you read the rest of the post?

Perhaps if they weren't obviously selling thousands and thousands of tickets to non members, maybe their loyal members would be able to get decent seats.

Yeah I can read. As much as you don't like it AFL Membership still prioritises those who are Full members and have done their time over a WCE silver member expecting to get a great seat...when he should be grateful to get the opportunity at a ticket at all as a silver member.

Yeah I can read. As much as you don't like it AFL Membership still prioritises those who are Full members and have done their time over a WCE silver member expecting to get a great seat...when he should be grateful to get the opportunity at a ticket at all as a silver member.

*sigh*

Clearly you didn't read it.

The whinge wasn't about Full members - I didn't even mention them. The whinge was about the number of people in the Reserve who are clearly not AFL members - they couldn't have been, there were FAR too many West Coast fans in there.

Wouldn't you have gone back to read what I actually wrote before writing a reply that made it clear that you hadn't?

The whinge was about the number of people in the Reserve who are clearly not AFL members - they couldn't have been, there were FAR too many West Coast fans in there.
The AFL Members do not have exclusive use of the Reserve. While the AFL's PR will state that we get up to 23,000 (or some similiar number) tickets, it has been more than a decade and a half since AFL Members have had access to more than about 17,000 tickets. The rest are given over as the AFL sees fit. I'd say there's a good chance that the WC fans you're talking about were sitting in seats that were never intended to be allocated to AFL Members.

The AFL Members do not have exclusive use of the Reserve. While the AFL's PR will state that we get up to 23,000 (or some similiar number) tickets, it has been more than a decade and a half since AFL Members have had access to more than about 17,000 tickets. The rest are given over as the AFL sees fit. I'd say there's a good chance that the WC fans you're talking about were sitting in seats that were never intended to be allocated to AFL Members.

Thanks for that man - that's all I was really asking, was how many seats they "give" to non-members. Certainly the impression they give in their advertising is that the Members reserve is just that - reserved for members.

It's a bit disappointing to get to GF day and realise the extent to which this isn't the case.

In doing the sums, you'd be much better getting the Victorian Platinum membership, then low class membership for a Melbourne based team that you like watching. There aren't many weekends that I go to more than 1 game anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back