Player Watch Aliir Aliir

Remove this Banner Ad

The reporter from The Age gave us a decent write up and mentioned Aliir's first quarter in particular but didn't have him in Port's best.

Tredders rated him best on ground.

It hurts even more when you see the Swans lining up with Lewis Melican as a key back (who is either outbodied in one-on-one contests or caught three steps behind on the lead). I guess I'm going for Port now. We'll never stop stop stop!!!

It hurts even more when you see the Swans lining up with Lewis Melican as a key back (who is either outbodied in one-on-one contests or caught three steps behind on the lead). I guess I'm going for Port now. We'll never stop stop stop!!!
Genius!!! 😍

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think it was more that Aliir tore us a new one when we played them once and some of our coaches didn't lose their short term memory.

I can’t confirm in that instance, but the gold standard for this concept is Matthew Bode cutting Geelong to pieces on Gary Ayres’ watch = first rounder (S. Burgoyne) the year after he took charge of Adelaide.

Thanks heaps for giving us AA ... He has been an amazing get for Port. But in all fairness, your team made the trade happen in order to get Hickey, who has been a jet for you this year. Arguably one of the main reasons the Swans were so consistent this year & made finals. Would have been a great story if you won yesterday.

I was told Sydney only offered him 200k to sign on for 2021.

That's pretty embarrassing for them but not surprising in light of the recent talk about their tight salary cap.

I also think Aliir suits our game style more given our defending is a lot more loose enabling him to run free and just chase the footy as opposed to at Sydney where he'd probably be asked to mind an opponent in between stints in the ruck and up forward.

I was told Sydney only offered him 200k to sign on for 2021.
Thanks Buddy. Buddy deal has worked for sydney, look at all the guernseys they sell with his name on it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back