Alistair Clarkson. Next Crows coach???

Remove this Banner Ad

southozsport.tk

Senior List
Apr 5, 2004
Other Teams
Central District
I've heard the names Wallace, Eade, O'Donnell, Craig, Rehn and Jarman, but here's one I don't think many people have considered.

ALISTAIR CLARKSON

He coached the Central District Football Club in 2001 and 2002 before being sacked for reasons related to his desire to coach the SANFL state league side in 2003.

He has now taken up a post with the PAFC as an assistant coach and his coaching artillery and knowledge is actually very good.

While I honestly believe Wallace, is the Crows ideal man for the job in 2005, if they are unable to obtain his services and need to go for a rookie coach then Alistair Clarkson is the Crows man.

How can you say he's a prick???

Have you met the bloke???

He's a fantastic man, not to mention a first class football coach, who absolutely ****s on the girl we have coaching us at the moment.

Originally posted by southozsport.tk
here's one I don't think many people have considered.

ALISTAIR CLARKSON

I suggested him in another thread!

I think he did very well with Centrals in his time, and is a very good thinker. Whether he is ready to coach AFL, that is another question. But he could be an option.

Who cares if he is a prick? Sheedy, Malthouse, Blight, Williams are all pricks, and they have very good coaching records.

Originally posted by southozsport.tk
who absolutely ****s on the girl we have coaching us at the moment.

You may be able to say a lot of things about Gary Ayres' ability to coach mate but one thing you have no right or authority in saying is that he is a girl. Did you ever watch this MAN play football???

Obviously not mate. He was one of the most mentally and physically tough players ever to pull on a pair of boots. I never saw him shirk an issue on the field and i do believe he has 5 day premierships to his name and back to back norm smith medals. Far from lacking balls in my book.

How many times did you run onto a football field and put your body on the line like Gary has????? A ridiculous comment
*****head.

Originally posted by crowboy
You may be able to say a lot of things about Gary Ayres' ability to coach mate but one thing you have no right or authority in saying is that he is a girl. Did you ever watch this MAN play football???

Obviously not mate. He was one of the most mentally and physically tough players ever to pull on a pair of boots. I never saw him shirk an issue on the field and i do believe he has 5 day premierships to his name and back to back norm smith medals. Far from lacking balls in my book.

How many times did you run onto a football field and put your body on the line like Gary has????? A ridiculous comment
*****head.
... and he has shown the same sort of grit in handling the pressure that is being heaped on him at the moment - that comment is way off and undeserved - whether we like him as our coach or not.

Come off it, Crow-mosone.

Clarkson may have no AFL games, but neither does O'Donnell, Jonas, Craig or many of the other coaches being suggested around here.

You don't know til you've tried em.

Originally posted by spindoctor

Clarkson may have no AFL games, but neither does O'Donnell, Jonas, Craig or many of the other coaches being suggested around here.

damn right. I agree the facts, not your conclusion; in all likelihood those you mention won't be in the coaching caper in 5 years.
either not getting a gig, or getting one and failing.
The odd's are that none of the above will make it.

Now, stand by my comment. An untried assistant coach does NOT **** on a 200 gamer.
end of.

Gee I hate the thought of that last comment:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Originally posted by Crow-mosone
\

Now, stand by my comment. An untried assistant coach does NOT **** on a 200 gamer.
end of.
Totally agree.
Unless we get someone who is proven to be better than Ayres in areas Ayres is weak in , I would stay with Ayres

What the flying f*ck are you talking about?

Every coach starts with 0 games against their name. If teams weren't willing to take a punt, Blight, Sheedy, Parkin etc would never have coached. What do you want?

I think the AFC should go after the best in the business, whether they are available or not. They have enough money in the kitty to offer someone like Matthews or Malthouse a deal that they would find very difficult to refuse. $1M+ per year would not be unreasonable for a quality coach.

Why muck around with "has-beens" or take a risk with an untried coach. The Vics have pinched plenty from us over the years, maybe it's time to one back on them.

On a semi-related issue, you could do worse than to get Simon Tregenza on board as an assistant coach. He's thought of pretty highly at Port Magpies (probably should've got the league coaching job) and I think has the State U20's coaching gig. Also an ex-crowie so has some idea of the set up around the place. Wouldn't mind seeing him at Port, but we already have 868 assistant coaches so I don't think he'd fit in the box.

I wouldn't mind Clarkson as a coach. At his time at Centrals, he was big on tackling, and often had tackle bags out during the pre-game warm ups and often at half time. He would definately make the team much tougher who would actually tackle opposition players.

What the flying f*ck are you talking about?

Every coach starts with 0 games against their name. If teams weren't willing to take a punt, Blight, Sheedy, Parkin etc would never have coached. What do you want?

SD,
you're not following what's being said.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back