Toast All-Australian 2022

Who makes the final team?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Six Dees (Brayshaw, Gawn, Oliver, Petracca, May and Fritsch) in this year's squad, the most of any club.

Good to see some recognition for Fritsch and Brayshaw, though I doubt they make the final team.

Max looking to equal Dean Cox with 6 AA's. In fact, if Gawn makes it, he would've made the team in every season where he has played 14 or more games, which is pretty damn impressive.

I'd say Oliver & Trac make it. Gawn hasn't been that great but not sure anyone has had a super dominant season in the ruck. May might get in on reputation but he missed three games & it took him a while to regain form once he returned into the team.

I think Max gets in on reputation. I don't feel his season has been exceptionally dominate, but then again I'm not sure any other rucks have either.

Oliver for sure. Trac, I don't think so, just.

May will probably get in on reputation too, although I don't think he should.

Brayshaw deserves the spot, actually think he will get it.

Fritsch should get the nod, no one really plays the role he does better. However they will pick power forwards and he miss out.

Proud of all the boys though, deserved nominations.

Gawn will make it. He’s the new Swan/Dusty/Danger. May has found form at the end but don’t think he deserves it

Gawn, Bliscavs, Witts are the ruck nom’s so yeah Gawn and Bliscavs will get in you’d think.

Haven’t watched much GC ever, has Witts been that good? English, Marshall, Darcy are better but inconsistent/injured.

Gawn, Bliscavs, Witts are the ruck nom’s so yeah Gawn and Bliscavs will get in you’d think.

Haven’t watched much GC ever, has Witts been that good? English, Marshall, Darcy are better but inconsistent/injured.

Yea Witts has been very solid for a few years now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Think Gawn is a lock when you compare his stats to Witts. The only thing Witts is clear of Gawn in is tackles and total hitouts, but he attends a shitload more ruck contests per game (Gawn's hitout win % is actually higher than Witts', too).

In every other statistical category (literally all of them), Gawn is ahead by a mile.

am I the only one who would have Viney in over Trac?
Sorry dude, but absolutely haha. Viney will poll well in the B&F, but Trac is in a different league.

am I the only one who would have Viney in over Trac?
Well I would too but then I award extra points for a spectacular jawline and for the fact Viney is a ******* monster and Trac is a polite and gentle overgrown boy.

Max in. Only three rucks picked and one is Blicavs, so it’s him or Witts.

Oliver in. Given he’s considered right in Brownlow hunt no surprise.

May in. Has played almost every game and reputation grew when he got knocked out and we promptly lost.

Gus in. Supreme in multiple positions.

Trac out. Goalkicking and form weakness let him down.

Fritsch out. Stiff due to competition in the same part of the ground but misses.

Kinda nuts when you could say other than Brayshaw I think most of our blokes have been meh for large chunks and still walk into AA squads.
Agree for all bar Oliver. Oliver, even with his kicking, has been consistently in the top 2-3 players in the league this year IMO.

Agree for all bar Oliver. Oliver, even with his kicking, has been consistently in the top 2-3 players in the league this year IMO.
Hes been far far less impactful since being hard tagged. Maybe my standards are high but he hasn't been at his best for half the year.

Hes been far far less impactful since being hard tagged. Maybe my standards are high but he hasn't been at his best for half the year.

Was Slobbo's Monday hero tonight on 360 tonight. so random. Didnt think his game was anything special at all on the weekend. Just a solid performance.

Max, Oliver, Trac and May will get in. Trac and Oliver could go 1 and 2 in the coaches votes. They are locks. Brayshaw probably just as deserving as these guys but other players on the half back line i feel just as deserving. So he's no certainty. Doubtful even. I also feel once you have that AA spot and you back it up fairly well, it looks favourable for you to get the spot again unless others have completely dominated that position. That's why Max and May will get the nod. Witts might get a spot on the bench. So glad Fritta got recognised. 50 goals is the most from any small/medium forward. Deserved to be in the squad. Langdon wouldn't have been far off either. Dropped away a little in the middle to late section of the year, but he'd be in the next bracket of players picked I'd reckon.

If Kozzy plays like he has in the last month for most of 2023 he's a monty for a forward pocket.

Back