All Australian 40 man squad announced

Remove this Banner Ad

Really? I have seen this year as better than his last, perhaps the emergance of Gray as our most damaging player has made him less noticable.

I agree, may not have been as noticeable, but was consistently getting the ball to the right players. His disposal by foot has improved

Betts making the final team would be a joke. Guy kicks goals but is a seagull.

Talia should make it from the crows as should Jacobs. B Smith fell away after the halfway point of the year so should miss out. He will be more consistent next year.

Gray should be a lock, as should Boak. Schulz end of the year was inconsistent.

lol Eddie Betts in the 40 man squad, mr 'i'll kick a few junk time goals every month or so'.

an analysis of betts goals is very interesting. it was still a good season , but in a way over-rated somewhat if you just look at the numbers. of his season tally you look down where he kicked his bags and you read sides like gws , bris , nth melb , west coast , dons and port. while he seemed very quiet in his games against top 4 sides.

Last edited:
Gray a lock.

Schulz should, finished 2nd in the Coleman and was leading for most of the season. No reason for him to not make it considering there are generally 3 talls named.

Boak would be awesome but I can see him missing. Hopefully a bench spot.

Boak and Gray will make it, Boak will get a bench spot more than likely. There is no way Schulzy makes I don't think. I can't see them picking him ahead of Hawkins and Roughead... Even though they finished on the same amount of goals I can't see the biased Melbourne focus picking him.

Gray is a lock and we will get a second because of where we finished. Don't know when the final 22 is announced, but finals performance may have an influence.

Re the tingles, I thought only three deserve a spot in the 40, Jacobs, Talia and Sloane.

The only thing that'll annoy me about Schulz not being named is if Brodie Smith is named.

Both had really damn good first half of the seasons, fell away big time after that, then had a huge last round. Almost mirror image seasons.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apparently Roo and Ditts were going ballistic over Dangerfield's exclusion (shakes head!!!).

if you have 4 of the best 40 (plus dangerfield, sloane, walker etc), you really need to question what is wrong with your club to miss finals.

Gray as said lock
Boak will make it due to him being a Melb media favy (i think he should be there for what its worth)

Schulzy ...... Id LOVE to see him get selected.... Even deserves to be.... But doubt he will

Tredrea obviously didn't see a strong case for Dangerfield but he still helped to select 4 Crows players - that's impressive for a team that didn't make the 8.

Apparently Roo and Ditts were going ballistic over Dangerfield's exclusion (shakes head!!!).

The cult of Dangerfield continues. Sloane had a much better year and he was excluded. If there was to be any angst from Crows fans (and there shouldn't be, 4 AA's from a team that finished 10th is well above what you'd expect), that's where it should be directed. Sloane definitely deserved a spot over Brandon 'rich man's Nathan Lonie' Ellis, but so did about 20 other players.

Tredrea obviously didn't see a strong case for Dangerfield but he still helped to select 4 Crows players - that's impressive for a team that didn't make the 8.
They love talking up individuals

Yeah it's such a shame that the Eddie Betts Pocket will be dominated by Port players this weekend :)

an analysis of betts goals is very interesting. it was still a good season , but in a way over-rated somewhat if you just look at the numbers. of his season tally you look down where he kicked his bags and you read sides like gws , bris , nth melb , west coast , dons and port. while he seemed very quiet in his games against top 4 sides.

Same case is made against Schulz...
His bags of goals all came against teams low on the ladder (the Fremantle 6 is obviously an outlier).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back