All Australian thread 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Nope McDonald comfortably this year.
There's no doubt in my mind he has been the best performed Key back so far. There are quite a few that have been in good form but McDonald has been in the coaches votes every game and I expect he will again this week. Has not been beaten in a team where the ball comes in quite a bit making his job all that much harder. He has even improved his kicking and is providing great rebound from defence despite that being his main weakness in previous years. He has been slowly building but I don't think even the most optimistic Dees fans saw this coming.

McPharlin is the premier backman

Why would the coaches vote McPharlin when there's Fyfe Mundy Neale Hill Barlow to dish them too as well

Thanks. You've essentially just proven my point and summed up a large part of why McDonald is having a superior season to McPharlin.

Nope McDonald comfortably this year.

Honestly guys its a moot point. McPharlin will miss at absolute least 4-5 games over the course of the season, pretty much enough to ensure he wont be selected.

Eddie Betts would be a lock for All-Australian right now as the leagues premier small forward. He's kicked 26 goals in the first 7 Rounds. I got a feeling he will be the only small forward picked in the team later in the year. Players like Breust and LeCras maybe overlooked for a key forward insted.

HF: Josh Bruce, Josh Kennedy, Jake Stringer

F: Eddie Betts, Taylor Walker, Jeremy Cameron

Eddie Betts would be a lock for All-Australian right now as the leagues premier small forward. He's kicked 26 goals in the first 7 Rounds. I got a feeling he will be the only small forward picked in the team later in the year. Players like Breust and LeCras maybe overlooked for a key forward insted.

Lecras isn't really playing in the small forward role this year anyway (not FT anyway)

Played a bit off half back last week, quite a bit of time on ball as well

Copped the Raines tage yesterday and then took him forward

Who would be the candidates for half back?

I notice out of the half backs Shaw has the most rebound 50s, would love to see him finally get in. Pittard's been great. Docherty really good too.

Who would be the candidates for half back?

I notice out of the half backs Shaw has the most rebound 50s, would love to see him finally get in. Pittard's been great. Docherty really good too.
Probably Shaw and Pittard.

You don't have 5 key forwards and one small forward...

McDonald and Hurley would be the two KPD I would have in the team atm.
McDonald, McGovern, Carlisle >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Hurley

Watch other teams. Hurley never wins the ball 1 on 1 with his opponent all he does is kill the ball at best.

Watch other teams. Hurley never wins the ball 1 on 1 with his opponent all he does is kill the ball at best.

Heh. This the same McDonald that yesterday got his pants pulled down by the same Roughead Hurley pulled the pants down of in round 2?

Heh. This the same McDonald that yesterday got his pants pulled down by the same Roughead Hurley pulled the pants down of in round 2?

Won't be the last KPD to get worked over by Roughead. McDonald's other games this year have been great, he is definitely in contention. Hurley is by no means a lock.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Won't be the last KPD to get worked over by Roughead. McDonald's other games this year have been great, he is definitely in contention. Hurley is by no means a lock.
I know, but to say that McDonald is miles ahead is just plain crap.

Agree on Betts - he is 8 and 9 goals in front of the two next best Bruest and Lindsay Thomas.

So what's the difference between Hurley doing that and Carlile? Carlile averages both less 1%'s and less CP's and more clangers, so he both spoils less and wins less contests, but he apparently wins more 1 on 1's.

Who are the small forwards that have stood out? Breust, LeCras, Walters, Garlett and L.Thomas have all been inconsistent this year.
Steve Motlop is averaging 23 disposals and 1.5 goals/game, more than capable of putting him on a HFF. Wingard 21 and 1.5 goals/game. They're perfect HFF players.

I know, but to say that McDonald is miles ahead is just plain crap.
He is 6th in the Coaches player of the year award and has polled a vote in every game.

On this seasons form, he is miles ahead of Hurley

He is 6th in the Coaches player of the year award and has polled a vote in every game.

On this seasons form, he is miles ahead of Hurley
Hurley has been immense this season. Been the best defender in what will be a top 6 defence in the league by the end of the round, unless Port somehow only concede 20 points and Richmond don't concede a goal in the second half. On this season's form, they're both in the team.
Correct me if I'm missing something but haven't Petrie, Pav and Bruce been really good agaisnt the Bombers the last 3 weeks? Is that all Hookers fault and Hurely escapes all blame?
Petrie was average while forward, and was Hooker's man, as was Bruce. Hurley did get beaten by Pav though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back