All Australian thread 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Hurley has been immense this season. Been the best defender in what will be a top 6 defence in the league by the end of the round, unless Port somehow only concede 20 points and Richmond don't concede a goal in the second half. On this season's form, they're both in the team.

Petrie was average while forward, and was Hooker's man, as was Bruce. Hurley did get beaten by Pav though.

Don't both eth, apparently only Essendon supporters don't watch other teams play...

Don't both eth, apparently only Essendon supporters don't watch other teams play...
I agree with you guys that Hurley has been excellent - but TMac has been a revelation. Right now its TMac, Hurley, McGovern for mine.

I agree with you guys that Hurley has been excellent - but TMac has been a revelation. Right now its TMac, Hurley, McGovern for mine.

Absolutely agree that TMac has been immense, just pointing out that the standard line that gets thrown around if someone doesn't agree with a statement is they don't watch enough games.

Hurley has been immense this season. Been the best defender in what will be a top 6 defence in the league by the end of the round, unless Port somehow only concede 20 points and Richmond don't concede a goal in the second half. On this season's form, they're both in the team.

Petrie was average while forward, and was Hooker's man, as was Bruce. Hurley did get beaten by Pav though.
Average while forward? So the 12 marks and 20 possessions we're won in the 20 minutes he went back? He was one of the very best on ground and you don't get that through 20 minutes of football.

He is 6th in the Coaches player of the year award and has polled a vote in every game.

On this seasons form, he is miles ahead of Hurley

He might be slightly ahead Macdonald but to say he is miles ahead is just plain wrong. I reckon you will find that after this round Hurley will only be a couple of votes behind him on the AFLCA leaderboard by the way.

Stef Martin is a lock for ruck, Beams as ruck rover.
Martin is a chance, but Todd Goldstein? Aaron Sandilands? Shane Mumford? All three are definitely contenders.

It's based of the entire season right? How's goldsteins form holding up? How's the last two weeks been? Surely he dominated essendon given he was rucking against McKerrnan at times...
Averages 14 touches, 3 marks, 4 tackles and 40 hitouts a game. Yeah, he's going pretty well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's based of the entire season right? How's goldsteins form holding up? How's the last two weeks been? Surely he dominated essendon given he was rucking against McKerrnan at times...

He's ******* flying.

There is very rarely a "lock" for ruck and this year is no exception. Martin/Goldstein/Mumford/Sandilands all have a reasonable claim and I could easily see guys like Nic Nat, Jacobs and Lobbe challenging before the year is out too.
Yeah there are some very good rucks going around.

Averages 14 touches, 3 marks, 4 tackles and 40 hitouts a game. Yeah, he's going pretty well.
He is indeed, but he started in a blaze and has definitely settled down a bit last couple of weeks. It's a long season, he was clearly all Australian 4 weeks in, he's slowed down now and opened the door to others. It's to be expected.

Mummy v Sauce this weekend should be

lZptKGR.gif

Wondering about Michael Johnson. Think he is becoming more and more likely. Played his best game for the year today but has been consistently good the whole year. Could get like a 3rd tall spot. Freo doing well will probably help him as well...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back