Toast All things Paul Roos + Coaching: McCartney joins coaches

Remove this Banner Ad

Bullshit, we have improved and been largely competitive. We've been in games at 3QT and beyond, rather than QT. Our biggest fault before Sunday was that we didn't know how to close out games.
I think this is true up until the Essendon game. Since then, with the exception of Port, we have been awful and not in games at all. Prior to the end of June the Eagles stood out as the worst game of the year. Since, there have been some contenders, esp Brisbane and GWS, but I reckon Geelong, North and Hawthorn were pretty ordinary as well. We were never in those games.

I think this is true up until the Essendon game. Since then, with the exception of Port, we have been awful and not in games at all. Prior to the end of June the Eagles stood out as the worst game of the year. Since, there have been some contenders, esp Brisbane and GWS, but I reckon Geelong, North and Hawthorn were pretty ordinary as well. We were never in those games.
We lost to the Dogs by a goal, where leading Brisbane in the last quarter, and almost knocked off Port. Geelong, Freo, North and Hawthorn are great sides and we were stiff to get them so close together.

We lost to the Dogs by a goal, where leading Brisbane in the last quarter, and almost knocked off Port. Geelong, Freo, North and Hawthorn are great sides and we were stiff to get them so close together.

We also won our games off the back of horrible goal kicking from the opposition
Glass Half full/empty scenario

I suddenly have this disturbing feeling that Jade Rawlings is going to get the gig for some reason
Why is that a bad thing?

He's been Roos' right hand man all season so he's ahead of everyone, if he gets the gig it's because Roos and co know he is capable of the job.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Show Some Fight and I spoke to Byrnes about Bomber on Sunday. Had mixed reviews, very interesting to hear his perspective.
Were his views based purely on the footy side of things or did they steer toward the more personal side of things? - which arguably are just as important when dealing with a coach.

Dez! said:
That comes from our defensive set up, that was no fluke.
Agreed, looking at the richmond game replay, richmond players are clearly have rushed shots at goal from difficult angles and i would think this is because of our defence.
The Essendon game on the other hand is a little different. while our defence held up alright, the bombers missed some pretty easy set shots that they should have nailed

Last edited:
Actually, where is you and Show Some Fight 's review of the function!?! I'm pretty sure me and SSF posted some detail last year (iirc).
Been meaning to do one but swamped in assignments atm. Has been scheduled in for procrastination time this weekend. Will probs end up doing it when the margin extends to 100 points on Saturday night.

Definitely have a lot to say.

Been meaning to do one but swamped in assignments atm. Has been scheduled in for procrastination time this weekend. Will probs end up doing it when the margin extends to 100 points on Saturday night.

Good to hear, I really enjoyed it last season - although it was a more positive result then this time round (losing by 30 odd to Sydney aint too bad).

So quarter time? Awesome, hopefully it can be distracting enough to ease the pain

Caroline Wilson has apparently name-dropped Simon Goodwin as Roos' potential successor.

Anyone else heard anything on this?

Nope but gonna head across to the D&T board for definitive proof

Remove this Banner Ad

Back