• Julie Bishop

• Scott Morrison

• Andrew Robb

• Someone from the LIberal Party other than those above

• Bill Shorten

• Someone from the Labor Party other than Shorten

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

I believe there are more questions submitted by Q&A audience members than they have time to use, so they select questions to use. Mr Mallah admitted he boarded a bus paid for by the ABC to get from Parramatta to their Ultimo studios in a radio interview.

All this could have been avoided, and the issue still raised and dealt with, if someone else had asked the question.
I think you've misunderstood. Q&A has minibuses bringing in people from outer suburbs (despite accusations that it is all inner-city types). They didn't just bring in one particular questioner.

As for 'no red flags', they had him in the audience twice before. He had been on other TV shows and on radio shows and in newspapers.

He also didn't actually do anything wrong up until his last point, so you really only have to question why they went back to him a second time considering he'd said "as an Australian I want you out of the country" in response to a Government MP saying out loud that he wanted to kick a kid out of the country because he'd committed a crime and was Muslim. Clearly he was annoyed by that and with the extra few minutes of thinking decided that he would point out trying to kick young Muslims out of the country would make some young Muslims feel justified going to ISIS. It's not a bad point but the way he put it was inflammatory.

Anyway, as the OP said, the current government's authoritarian issues are the refusal to provide information for no good reason ("on water issues"), the desire to kick Australians out of the country without due legal process, the gagging of public servants and NGO/medical/etc workers from speaking out about asylum seekers, the desire to jail journos who report on "special" ops, removal of funding for independent groups (Australia Council, ABC), etc.

The aggressive language against the ABC isn't great, but is on the same 'symbolic' level of the repeated use of flags and creation of new uniformed militarised services that mean references to Facism aren't as Godwinnian as normal.

If Turnbull won the leadership vote, what's going to happen to Abbott's allies like Hockey, Julie Bishop, Truss, Andrews, Billison, Robb and Hunt?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If Turnbull won the leadership vote, what's going to happen to Abbott's allies like Hockey, Julie Bishop, Truss, Andrews, Billison, Robb and Hunt?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

as with any change of leader, the leader selects a team that solidifies the leadership and stabilises the party

The bigger question would be, how will the libs manufacture this? I sense they won't go to a spill motion again without some other catalyst.

He's just committed suicide (political suicide, physically he is fine but he's dead politically)

I don't think he has..I think he's clearly trying to find common ground with the public, a public which is sick to death of "ISIS is coming" bullshit. If you read about ISIS you'll know they're only interested in waging war with shiites and fellow Sunni's.

Abbott has played the "fear" card too early...now, nobody is listening, oh, and the newly approved mine in Joyce' electorate won't help.

Turnbull should quietly get the numbers together, and start kicking up a stink about gay marriage.

The public overwhelming supports it, they'll fall in behind Malcolm, and that could be his impetus to make a move.

The sooner, the better.

The only reason Abbott even has half a chance at the next election is because Shorten is just as rubbish.

????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Obviously Malcolm thinks he is being very clever but all he is doing is ensuring that if there is a leadership change it will be to Scott Morrison, not him.

Am most surprised you seem to be as deluded as the l*uvvies on this reality.

I'd never considered it but that could work

Oh gawd. You're as bad as King Elvis taken in by fanboi wet dreams.
Barnaby is making a song and dance because he is the local member. That's all.
Barnaby would never, ever, ever back Turnbull in. He was one of the biggest factors that got rid of Malcolm in 2009 :D

Last edited:
Barnaby would never, ever, ever back Turnbull in. He was one of the biggest factors that got rid of Malcolm in 2009 :D

Lol if the "fanboi" brigade are having "wet dreams" over Malcolm then you must be gushing like a waterfall whenever Tones name is mentioned :D

Really Jane have you no shame?

Lol if the "fanboi" brigade are having "wet dreams" over Malcolm then you must be gushing like a waterfall whenever Tones name is mentioned :D

Really Jane have you no shame?

So you think Malcolm is winning heaps of votes for himself in the Liberal party room?
Do you?

So you think Malcolm is winning heaps of votes for himself in the Liberal party room?
Do you?

I would think the behavior of Turnbull & Joyce is probably the tip of the iceberg within the LNP.

I'd be surprised if Aborts standing wasnt about as solid as mud. Aborts 'leadership' style is negative, divisive, destructive, fear mongering & never positive. It would be the same within the party. The divisions dont help anyone but Abort. Just the way he likes it, for his own personal gain. Its nor good for the LNP or the country.

I would think the economic drys would be very disillusioned with him. The economy is floundering along with no real direction. The social issues of SSM has upset the socially progressives in the party & those who see the firm community support for it. He is missing an 'opportunity' because of his own selfish views. Having Abetz lash out illogically over the issue doesnt help either. Actually having Abetz open his mouth about anything, doesnt help.

Stopping the boats with wads of cash will come back to haunt him. Maybe in a future RC:rolleyes:

The current 'security' push & fear is all Abort has got at the moment. And he's flogging that way too hard. He must be bloody desperate for a Sheraton bombing right about now.

A weak opposition is not helping the country right about now either.

So Abort continues to imprint his selfish views on the country in his inimitable style. When he finally goes, things will crash. The party, as well as the country. Hopefully not too much damage will have been done by then.

I think you've misunderstood. Q&A has minibuses bringing in people from outer suburbs (despite accusations that it is all inner-city types). They didn't just bring in one particular questioner.

As for 'no red flags', they had him in the audience twice before. He had been on other TV shows and on radio shows and in newspapers.

He also didn't actually do anything wrong up until his last point, so you really only have to question why they went back to him a second time considering he'd said "as an Australian I want you out of the country" in response to a Government MP saying out loud that he wanted to kick a kid out of the country because he'd committed a crime and was Muslim. Clearly he was annoyed by that and with the extra few minutes of thinking decided that he would point out trying to kick young Muslims out of the country would make some young Muslims feel justified going to ISIS. It's not a bad point but the way he put it was inflammatory.

Anyway, as the OP said, the current government's authoritarian issues are the refusal to provide information for no good reason ("on water issues"), the desire to kick Australians out of the country without due legal process, the gagging of public servants and NGO/medical/etc workers from speaking out about asylum seekers, the desire to jail journos who report on "special" ops, removal of funding for independent groups (Australia Council, ABC), etc.

The aggressive language against the ABC isn't great, but is on the same 'symbolic' level of the repeated use of flags and creation of new uniformed militarised services that mean references to Facism aren't as Godwinnian as normal.

I think I'm going to have to make this clear: I don't not understand - I disagree.

I feel no need to repeat myself about the ABC's mistake, which was avoidable. I never said the ABC took him from Parramatta to Ultimo by himself, just like Steve Ciobo didn't say "I want to kick this kid out of the country because he has committed a crime and is Muslim". Go back and look at your post - you say Ciobo said it out loud. No going back now and saying that Ciobo inferred or implied it - that is what you have alleged.

I look forward to your next opportunity to tell me how hopeless I am.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would think the behavior of Turnbull & Joyce is probably the tip of the iceberg within the LNP.

I'd be surprised if Aborts standing wasnt about as solid as mud. Aborts 'leadership' style is negative, divisive, destructive, fear mongering & never positive. It would be the same within the party. The divisions dont help anyone but Abort. Just the way he likes it, for his own personal gain. Its nor good for the LNP or the country.

I would think the economic drys would be very disillusioned with him. The economy is floundering along with no real direction. The social issues of SSM has upset the socially progressives in the party & those who see the firm community support for it. He is missing an 'opportunity' because of his own selfish views. Having Abetz lash out illogically over the issue doesnt help either. Actually having Abetz open his mouth about anything, doesnt help.

Stopping the boats with wads of cash will come back to haunt him. Maybe in a future RC:rolleyes:

The current 'security' push & fear is all Abort has got at the moment. And he's flogging that way too hard. He must be bloody desperate for a Sheraton bombing right about now.

A weak opposition is not helping the country right about now either.

So Abort continues to imprint his selfish views on the country in his inimitable style. When he finally goes, things will crash. The party, as well as the country. Hopefully not too much damage will have been done by then.

Wettest of wet.

Leaving aside the numerous threads on the ABC and getting back to the thread title...
I believe that Abbott is not so much a dictator, but seems to view himself as someone who wants to have greater control over the beliefs, actions and lifestyle choices of us mere mortals. Go Team Australia, now where did I leave my flag?

Sorry damp dreamers, but your horse has gone lame.

Malcolm Turnbull will not defy Tony Abbott and will cancel a scheduled appearance on the ABC’s Q&A on Monday if the Prime Minister’s boycott is still in place.
It’s understood that the Communications Minister, who is a former Liberal leader and is still seen as a potential contender for leader again, will not embarrass Mr Abbott or challenge his authority by agreeing to go on the program that Mr Abbott has described as a “lefty lynch mob”.

Mr Abbott imposed the ban on frontbenchers appearing after discussing it with some members of the Coalition leadership group on the parliamentary sitting day before the winter break. The ban has strong support among Coalition backbench MPs who called for a boycott three weeks ago.
Yesterday, Mr Abbott said what happened on Q&A was “simply unacceptable and indefensible”.

And so on, so forth: http://www.theaustralian.com.au/bus...y-abbotts-qa-ban/story-fna045gd-1227432869596

Malcolm's misjudgements are really pathetic for someone with his CV.
But when you think about it when ever has he been successful in a leadership role?

And so on, so forth: http://www.theaustralian.com.au/bus...y-abbotts-qa-ban/story-fna045gd-1227432869596

But when you think about it when ever has he been successful in a leadership role?

It will become a problem for Abort as the poor polls hang about. Its more the weakness of the opposition than any virtue Abort brings to the job that has kept him where he is. It wont go on forever, his negative nasty style will start to wear even thinner than where it is now.

Wet or Dry, deep fried or roasted, he will be cooked.

I would be careful what you say Guru, because if the libs are any chance he's the one who will be fronting them.

In a years time you'll probably have to be talking him up. And this will come back to haunt you.

fair call re it working in practice but the team would resonate with the electorate.

I cant get through the pay wall, but this article suggests otherwise:

HAS Malcolm Turnbull broken rank? The headstrong Communications Minister has been coy in confirming whether he will appear on ABC’s controversial Q and A program next week, after Prime Minister Tony Abbott introduced a ban on ministers appearing on the show.

But as far as the public broadcaster is concerned, his appearance is still going ahead. A press release issued by ABC this morning advertises Mr Turnbull as a starring panelist in an episode that promises to “tackle the big issues”.

When asked earlier this week whether he would appear on next Monday’s panel, Turnbull cryptically said: “time will tell — stay tuned.”

http://www.news.com.au/entertainmen...ear-on-panel-abc/story-e6frfmyi-1227435096363
http://www.news.com.au/entertainmen...ear-on-panel-abc/story-e6frfmyi-1227435096363
What's he trying to do? Force Abbotts hand here?

I think I'm going to have to make this clear: I don't not understand - I disagree.

I feel no need to repeat myself about the ABC's mistake, which was avoidable. I never said the ABC took him from Parramatta to Ultimo by himself, just like Steve Ciobo didn't say "I want to kick this kid out of the country because he has committed a crime and is Muslim". Go back and look at your post - you say Ciobo said it out loud. No going back now and saying that Ciobo inferred or implied it - that is what you have alleged.
You're right. I should've used single 'quote marks' instead of "double" since I was paraphrasing. I don't think you can claim that as a big error since I was obviously paraphrasing and what he actually said was widely quoted in articles and in ABC transcripts. If you thought I was trying to be cunning, then it wasn't very subtle, unlike your attempt to frame it as the ABC 'drove him to the show', which infers he wouldn't have even come on if they didn't go get him. Whereas the fact was they were offering a bus from Parra available to any audience members, questioners or otherwise. And the ABC said the error was in having him live, not in his question, so if the bus wasn't going from there that week it might've been a video question after all.

It will become a problem for Abort as the poor polls hang about. Its more the weakness of the opposition than any virtue Abort brings to the job that has kept him where he is. It wont go on forever, his negative nasty style will start to wear even thinner than where it is now.

Wet or Dry, deep fried or roasted, he will be cooked.

Look - if you're going to reply to my posts can you at least comprehend them?

My point has been in response to the wet dreaming about Malcolm Turnbull taking over prime ministership.
ie - that if there is a leadership change Malcolm has ensured it will be to Scott Morrison, not him.

Why is your mind always so consumed with Abbott? Must be a horrible way to live?

I would be careful what you say Guru, because if the libs are any chance he's the one who will be fronting them.

In a years time you'll probably have to be talking him up. And this will come back to haunt you.

You're another one who doesn't read/comprehend.

My point is that Malcolm has stuffed himself well and truly this week as far as the \Lib party room is concerned, and if there is a change it will be to Morrison who does take national security seriously. ,

Last edited:
Back