• Julie Bishop

• Scott Morrison

• Andrew Robb

• Someone from the LIberal Party other than those above

• Bill Shorten

• Someone from the Labor Party other than Shorten

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

LOL. So, basically, the Tele's big scoop is: ex prime minister has dinner with our paper's owner in the vicinity of US President - briefly shakes his hand at some point. I guess we can call that a failed attempt by News to troll Turnbull.
The key to all this of course is that he was there as a guest of Rupert's.
You know the guy that owns the Tele.

LOL. So, basically, the Tele's big scoop is: ex prime minister has dinner with our paper's owner in the vicinity of US President - briefly shakes his hand at some point. I guess we can call that a failed attempt by News to troll Turnbull.

Yes and what's also so dissapointing is how they twisted everything to get him elected in the first place.
Gillard was one tough humble woman that copped it on the chin did her best under the most difficult conditions and lieing media campaign.
Abbott came along and has taken us back years.

Abbott is going to challenge again. He has Murdoch personally blowing smoke up his ass. Not today, not tomorrow, but some day.

Abbott is going to challenge again. He has Murdoch personally blowing smoke up his ass. Not today, not tomorrow, but some day.

When did he challenge the first time? My understanding of the 2009 change of leadership was that as a test of his leadership, particularly as it related to the proposed Emissions Trading Scheme, Malcolm Turnbull declared all positions vacant.

When did he challenge the first time? My understanding of the 2009 change of leadership was that as a test of his leadership, particularly as it related to the proposed Emissions Trading Scheme, Malcolm Turnbull declared all positions vacant.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liberal_Party_of_Australia_leadership_spill,_2009
"After Turnbull survived a spill motion (a motion to declare the leadership vacant[1]) against his leadership in late November 2009, Abbott declared his candidacy..."
Fine line drawn I think.

Clinging to semantics to not call going against the incumbent a challenge. Liberal voters seem very happy to ignore Rudd technically didn't run in 2010.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rudd was the leader. Gillard walked into his office and told him it was on. Rudd saw he was going to lose and withdrew.

From what I have read, Abbott (and others) certainly walked into Turnbull's office in 2009 to tell them they were leaving the Shadow Cabinet, but Abbott never confronted Turnbull in the way Gillard confronted Rudd, Rudd confronted Gillard, or Turnbull confronted Abbott.

Love the excuse that "thought they were fake" somehow makes it ok. As if wearing knockoffs is perfectly acceptable, if i was Rolex i'd be asking why they think that.

No self respecting Chinese businessman (or any Chinese) would ever give knock off's as a present. Think of it as a face thing. Abbot and co must have known that

So did someone actually think Abbott et al would be honest about the gift.? ? They got the gifts & decided to tell themselves the watches were fake.
You should know that politicians can convince themselves of anything
That black is white or up is down. Politicians are an interesting study in the psychology of lying & the gift of self delusion.
We know they are lying pricks. But they see it simply as a 'non core miss judgement'.

Murdoch will be dead before that happens.
Tony should be given and ambassadors role in a war zone heavily populated by regressive religious zealots like himself.
Drop the c**t on Syria with his cancelled passport stapled to his forehead.

I'm loving Tones work behind the seen. Right out of the Rudd book on how to stuff-up your successor. Long may it continue.
Abbott being the same petulant turd that Rudd was. I'm shocked to be sitting here.

Abbott being the same petulant turd that Rudd was. I'm shocked to be sitting here.
No surprise here. A more divisive, self centred, duplicitous individual would be hard to find. Although his very good friend George Pell would give him a run for his money.

Back