American journalist beheaded

Remove this Banner Ad

Perhaps.

I know where the cancer has metastasised the worst though.
Without wanting to goad the "all Islam is bad crowd", I agree in some respects.
There is an element of tribalism in many poorer areas of the world, particularly the Middle East and Africa which have been subject to arbitrary national borders based on colonization as opposed to traditional kingdom/tribal models. In the absence of long established power structures, religion has filled a void - a phenomenon that has been demonstrated again post-Arab Spring.
In some places, internal policies facilitate a thriving, functional democracy (e.g. Tanzania and their non-tribal representation model in local government areas). For the most part, it has been a failure.

While Palestinians often create the most headlines in terms of displaced people without a full nation-state, the Kurds also lack a nation state and outnumber the Palestinians - if you wanted to know where I'd start to try and bring some sense of peace to Iraq, I'd start with partition of predominately Kurdish, Sunni and Shi'ite lands.

John McCain and Linsey Graham. You have no idea what you're talking about. Please refrain from commenting on international affairs, it's embarrassing.

See above.
What don't i have an idea about? John mcain is the senior replubican senator in washington who can and has in this thread been directly linked to ISIS and associated al queda groups. He's the smoking gun. He has long argued we fund,train and arm extremists who are prepared to fight iranian and russian allies.

Without wanting to goad the "all Islam is bad crowd", I agree in some respects.
There is an element of tribalism in many poorer areas of the world, particularly the Middle East and Africa which have been subject to arbitrary national borders based on colonization as opposed to traditional kingdom/tribal models. In the absence of long established power structures, religion has filled a void - a phenomenon that has been demonstrated again post-Arab Spring.
In some places, internal policies facilitate a thriving, functional democracy (e.g. Tanzania and their non-tribal representation model in local government areas). For the most part, it has been a failure.

While Palestinians often create the most headlines in terms of displaced people without a full nation-state, the Kurds also lack a nation state and outnumber the Palestinians - if you wanted to know where I'd start to try and bring some sense of peace to Iraq, I'd start with partition of predominately Kurdish, Sunni and Shi'ite lands.

Cause partitioning has worked so well in the past.

I have to say seriously I agree with the comment on censorship. How the two cannot not be considered reelated or worthy of discussion is beyond me when what we see is exactly that. Hell how can we discuss the journalist beheading which was clearly (rightly or wrongly in the Islam context) related between Islam and murder and done supposedly in line with Islam values.
What has the beheading got to do with Islam? Just because a murderer tries to use religious context to justify his murder doesn't mean the religion is at fault. If I walked down the street and stabbed someone in the chest and claimed I did it because it was God's will, does that mean Christianity is to blame for me killing him?

* me. Islam has nothing to do with terrorist or murderous acts against anyone. Just because the terrorists and murderers claim to represent Islam that doesn't make it so. In fact, to the contrary, many Islam leaders denounce these crimes.

I denounce the beheading as the act of a murderer and a terrorist. His religion is completely and utterly irrelevant. No religion condones the killing of anyone.

What don't i have an idea about? John mcain is the senior replubican senator in washington who can and has in this thread been directly linked to ISIS and associated al queda groups. He's the smoking gun. He has long argued we fund,train and arm extremists who are prepared to fight iranian and russian allies.
My god. Surely that can't be true. He's Christian. If he is advocating murder, he must be a closet Islamist.

What has the beheading got to do with Islam? Just because a murderer tries to use religious context to justify his murder doesn't mean the religion is at fault. If I walked down the street and stabbed someone in the chest and claimed I did it because it was God's will, does that mean Christianity is to blame for me killing him?

**** me. Islam has nothing to do with terrorist or murderous acts against anyone. Just because the terrorists and murderers claim to represent Islam that doesn't make it so. In fact, to the contrary, many Islam leaders denounce these crimes.

I denounce the beheading as the act of a murderer and a terrorist. His religion is completely and utterly irrelevant. No religion condones the killing of anyone.

Avoid the swear filter much?

Cause partitioning has worked so well in the past.
So what is your solution?

Kurds number in the tens of millions and do not have a homeland despite being the predominant people in many areas of Northern Iraq 9and some areas of Turkey).

FFS
You know Lindsey Graham once said he ducks when he hears someone say Allahu Akbar in the Middle East. He knows as much about the region as you do(nothing).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

that execution video terrified me because it didn't look anything like an execution video. shot in HD from multiple angles, no screams of Allah akbar, no large group of men standing around with AK47's, the gruesome parts edited out etc. etc.

i wonder if Mr Foley had been successfully brainwashed and perhaps believed what he said, or if he was threatened with torture. either way, his speech before his death was bone chilling.

who was the captured man at the end? they showed another prisoner and said "the fate of this next citizen is in your hands"
Im not going to watch it, but if the gruesome part was edited out, what was shown?

Im not going to watch it, but if the gruesome part was edited out, what was shown?

the executioner brings the knife to Foley's throat and begins cutting (you can hear a feint groan), then it fades out, then it fades back in to Foley's body on the floor stomach down with his head placed on his back.

**** me. Islam has nothing to do with terrorist or murderous acts against anyone. Just because the terrorists and murderers claim to represent Islam that doesn't make it so. In fact, to the contrary, many Islam leaders denounce these crimes.

They used the religions teaching and interpretation to justify the act. Therefore it has a lot to do with religion and Islam. It is no different to the way people and those on the left like gays blame Christianity for the Ugandan stance set at the moment on homosexual r marriage and relationships

They used the religions teaching and interpretation to justify the act. Therefore it has a lot to do with religion and Islam. It is no different to the way people and those on the left like gays blame Christianity for the Ugandan stance set at the moment on homosexual r marriage and relationships
Not quite sure how left/right of politics enters a religious discussion, but leaving that alone my example is still relevant. Just because they use Islam to justify their acts, doesn't make it a fault of Islam, in just the same way as if I murder someone and justify my act through Christianity doesn't make it the fault of Christianity.

The point I'm trying to make is that murderers and terrorists will always try and justify their killings through any means their twisted minds think up; much the same as the IRA did in Ireland, but no-one blamed their religion for the killings. There are not many murderers who say "I murdered him/her because I'm a nutcase and wanted to kill someone". Murderers are murderers, full stop, and attempts to justify their actions through religion is nothing more than a smoke screen to fool others in to believing their actions are justified.

that execution video terrified me because it didn't look anything like an execution video. shot in HD from multiple angles, no screams of Allah akbar, no large group of men standing around with AK47's, the gruesome parts edited out etc. etc.

i wonder if Mr Foley had been successfully brainwashed and perhaps believed what he said, or if he was threatened with torture. either way, his speech before his death was bone chilling.

who was the captured man at the end? they showed another prisoner and said "the fate of this next citizen is in your hands"

yeah it was strange... Lots of hostages are forced to say propaganda speeches before death, but he looked liked he believed every word he said and didnt stumble at all in delivering his speech....delivered with zero hesitation.