Toast Andrejs Everitt - updated discussion Andrejs at Sydney vs Andrejs at Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

Will be interesting to see who they bring in.

Good it seems to be nothing serious... but in reality could mean he is out for the rest of the season

Remember Hampson's PCLs?
Casboult has done his PCL a couple of times in his first couple of years at the club...

Everitt was a very good player for us last year after being a part timer at other clubs, hoping the same applies to Jaksch and Jones.
Everitt played 17 games for us this year, 20 for Sydney in 2013. His stats this year are so marginally better this year over 2013 as to be essentially irrelevant.

Everitt played 17 games for us this year, 20 for Sydney in 2013. His stats this year are so marginally better this year over 2013 as to be essentially irrelevant.

He played 20 games for Sydney last year because of their injuries. He played 17 games for us this year because he got injured.

I disagree about the stats being irrelevant. They paint a strong picture.

Andrejs Everitt 2013 v 2014.PNG

33% more marks, 100% more goals, 20% more tackles, he went third man up in ruck contests, halved the frees against, 25% more contested possessions.

He went from providing defensive run to moving more into the midfield and up forward, yet he still got back to help out in defence as evidenced by his rebound 50s still being decent.

Add to that he was performing run with roles on occasion as well, and he clearly upped his output and his value in 2014.

He played 20 games for Sydney last year because of their injuries. He played 17 games for us this year because he got injured.

I disagree about the stats being irrelevant. They paint a strong picture.

View attachment 88220

33% more marks, 100% more goals, 20% more tackles, he went third man up in ruck contests, halved the frees against, 25% more contested possessions.

He went from providing defensive run to moving more into the midfield and up forward, yet he still got back to help out in defence as evidenced by his rebound 50s still being decent.

Add to that he was performing run with roles on occasion as well, and he clearly upped his output and his value in 2014.

Yes, yes, yes, all of that but irrelevant, particularly when you consider he only had 75.8% time on ground with Sydney compared with 86.1% time on ground with us. (100% more goals matters? He kicked 5 in 2013 and 13 in 2014. Big deal.) Time on ground is also relevant particularly when you consider that Sydney circa 2013 was a significantly stronger side than us in 2014 and, being the then reigning premier, had a much harder weighted fixture.
Did Everitt play all three finals in 2013 because of Sydney's injuries also? I note he had 19 disposals in round 11, was "dropped" in rnd 13 after the bye in rnd 12 and from round 14 onwards played every game.

Yes, yes, yes, all of that but irrelevant, particularly when you consider he only had 75.8% time on ground with Sydney compared with 86.1% time on ground with us. (100% more goals matters? He kicked 5 in 2013 and 13 in 2014. Big deal.) Time on ground is also relevant particularly when you consider that Sydney circa 2013 was a significantly stronger side than us in 2014 and, being the then reigning premier, had a much harder weighted fixture.
Did Everitt play all three finals in 2013 because of Sydney's injuries also? I note he had 19 disposals in round 11, was "dropped" in rnd 13 after the bye in rnd 12 and from round 14 onwards played every game.

He played well for us though, didn't he?

He played well for us though, didn't he?
Like he did for Sydney in 2013. He earned his spot in the team and did not deserve to be dropped. MM rightly did not play him as KPD or KPF as his height would suggest which meant he was useful. If Jones only "improves" as much next year as Everitt did from 2013 to 2014 we have, admittedly for not much cost, bought a spud (although a 100% improvement on 12 goals would then start to be "something" interesting).

Sydney fans in unison discussed Everitt as being a fringe player and not best 22 when everybody was fit. He was playing a running defender role but was criticised for not being able to play tall.

Do you think there is a chance that he played 11% more game time this year because he added more strings to his bow?

He had 8, 9, 7, 12, 11, 12 games each season before his 20 games in 2013.

Reid, Tippett, Goodes, LRT all missed a lot of football last year including finals games. In terms of tall defensive running, Mattner missed games and retired mid season.

I'm really not sure what you are arguing here. Everitt left Sydney because he was a fringe player, out of contract, not much of an offer so effectively being squeezed out. He was clearly a stop gap player for Sydney, was clearly more value for us and clearly raised most of his stats while tackling a new role.

Andrejs was a minimal investment in the form of a pick downgrade.

So happy were Carlton with the result that they downgraded pick 7 to pick 19 this week for a couple of promising youngsters in Whiley and Jaksch.

The greatest asset of Everitt is his ability to play anywhere.

I would argue that he did not have one poor game with us. If there were games that he didn't collect too many possessions or did not appear involved in the game, that is because he was doing a standout job tagging and taking his opponent out of the game.

Everitt is exactly the type of player Mick craves for, the type that can play multiple roles. This is why Laidler is no longer at the club.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm really not sure what you are arguing here. Everitt left Sydney because he was a fringe player, out of contract, not much of an offer so effectively being squeezed out. He was clearly a stop gap player for Sydney, was clearly more value for us and clearly raised most of his stats while tackling a new role.

Sydney did not recognise the value of his 'mint-iness'.

Was he really that good?

There was a game I saw where he was pretty ordinary below his knees in congestion a few times.

He was good shutting down lids rd1, but I don't think he had a good a season as everyone on here claims.

How did he go in the BnF?

Like he did for Sydney in 2013. He earned his spot in the team and did not deserve to be dropped. MM rightly did not play him as KPD or KPF as his height would suggest which meant he was useful. If Jones only "improves" as much next year as Everitt did from 2013 to 2014 we have, admittedly for not much cost, bought a spud (although a 100% improvement on 12 goals would then start to be "something" interesting).

So Jones has to improve to become a decent pick up...who has argued otherwise?

Was he really that good?

There was a game I saw where he was pretty ordinary below his knees in congestion a few times.

He was good shutting down lids rd1, but I don't think he had a good a season as everyone on here claims.

How did he go in the BnF?
He finished 7th in the B&F.

What game were you not impressed with? He shut down every opponent he played on, when he did play as a shutdown player.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back