Toast Andrew Gaff - Update: Re-signed for 2017 & 2018!

Remove this Banner Ad

He' a good decision maker with space and time but not in congestion. Totally opposite to certain inside mids like priddis, who generally make good decions in congestion but with space and time they make errors.
I disagree. He always knew exactly how much space and time he had, and since he usually received the ball at cruising speed he was always confident in disposing it safely. He's not suited inside due to his slightness, one-sidedness and ability to take a hit, but he was never one to rush. I've seen a lot of rushing from him recently.

Feel like only a 2 year deal is a good indication that he might be chasing a flag with us, then happy to go home as a free agent. He'll be 26 at the end of his contract with us, having played 8 seasons with us. Perfect age to go home for the last 4 odd years of his career and maybe pinch a flag with someone else if he can't get with us.

Might sound a bit negative, but if he was really keen to stay long term, you'd think at least 3 years is what he would've agreed to.

Dale Miller ‏@miller_dj 6m6 minutes ago

Eagles wanted two-year extension to fit within club TPP requirements, his management were asking for three years, thus the hold up until now

Sounds like they will work in a year extension next year.

Well maybe I should've waited about 1 minute before posting, and saved myself from looking a fool:D

Feel like only a 2 year deal is a good indication that he might be chasing a flag with us, then happy to go home as a free agent. He'll be 26 at the end of his contract with us, having played 8 seasons with us. Perfect age to go home for the last 4 odd years of his career and maybe pinch a flag with someone else if he can't get with us.

Might sound a bit negative, but if he was really keen to stay long term, you'd think at least 3 years is what he would've agreed to.

Going by the tweet i posted it sounds like he wanted 3 but the club settled on 2 to work in there TPP and with the extra money next year they might extend it by a year?

Yeah i rember brodie smith from adelaide. The bloke won an AA the year before and looked good at the beginibg of last year but he had 2 concussions and looked so average last year. The after affects of concussion can be as bad as a soft tissue injury.
Technically it is a soft tissue injury - the soft tissue that controls the whole body :(

Hopefully he can recapture his 2015 form soon. Glad to have him signed on in light of the rumours of his desire to return to Victoria.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2 years, close enough.
End of May was a bit ambitious as well

Never thought he was going anywhere though and was confident he'd re-sign unlike some in the media and a few eeyores here

Heard a sound bite of Gaffy on 6PR earlier; the guy still has a big problem with those "aaarrrhhmmmss".

Very happy he re-signed regardless.

I heard it was a sticky point a the negotiations. West Coast wanted max 10 aaaaarrrrrrhhhhmmms per interview Gaff's management wanted at least 15.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back