Anyone else sick of hearing about ANZAC Day and what makes us Australian yet?

Remove this Banner Ad

The whole birth of proper democracy, after the Middle Ages was about liberty and freedom was it not?

Seems a bit of a shame to revert back into the dark ages so some over patriotic scoundrels can feel good

People have lost their jobs before for doing such things. If people didn't know already you have to be careful what you post on soical media then their own stupidity dictates they'll cop a backlash.

ANZAC day upsets another disgusting feminist. Just say thank you to these men who risked their lives so you have the freedom to spout you're male hating views..
What upsets you the most ? The courage these men displayed being remembered or how it highlights women being afforded the privilege of cowering at home ?

Did they save our freedom?

Or did we invade the Turks that had done nothing to us - cause essentially one family that ruled Europe had a bit of a squabble?

[QUOTE="CatFan79, post: 38175754, member: 12431"]It's amazing how easily you can convince people that invading countries is something to be celebrated, supported and a means of 'maintaining our freedom'..

We invaded Turkey for the same reason we invaded Iraq in 2003, for an empire's control of oil.[/QUOTE]

I find history interesting so am looking forward to the reply

Last edited:
This is the moment it's finally dawned on you your freedoms are limited? Surely not?
But the prime minister said in Turkey yesterday morning they fought for our freedom, surely you're not saying he would lie in such a sacred place?

What did he say?

War is bad or. Something? Bastard

In his own words.

Remembering the summary execution, widespread rape and theft committed by these ‘brave’ Anzacs in Egypt, Palestine and Japan.

It's like a left wing version of the right wing *silly people who say all Muslims are terrorists.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

But the prime minister said in Turkey yesterday morning they fought for our freedom, surely you're not saying he would lie in such a sacred place?

They did fight for the freedoms back in the day. It lead to us starting to be free from the British. Their sacrifice allowed us to see them for being a bunch of twats.

Is it historically accurate?

Nope.

It's slandering a whole group over the actions of a few.

As I said, not ok when right wing turds do it? but ok when left wing turds do it?

Nope.

It's slandering a whole group over the actions of a few.

As I said, not ok when right wing turds do it? but ok when left wing turds do it?

How many is a few?

The saying: the truth hurts, comes to mind

Right wing turfs can say what they want can't they? And they do. If they say something close to the truth, then personally. I don't think it's a problem

They did fight for the freedoms back in the day. It lead to us starting to be free from the British. Their sacrifice allowed us to see them for being a bunch of twats.

What the hell?

Thats why we knighted the queens other half the day before ANZAC day. :rolleyes:

How many is a few?

The saying: the truth hurts, comes to mind

Right wing turfs can say what they want can't they? And they do. If they say something close to the truth, then personally. I don't think it's a problem

What the hell?

Ah no they can't. Nobody can if they are representing a prominent business. Point in case below.

Australian comedian Catherine Deveny lost her job writing for Melbourne newspaper The Agewhen she tweeted that she hopes Steve Irwin's daughter gets laid.

Her boss, editor Paul Ramadge, said, 'We are appreciative of the columns Catherine has written for The Age over several years but the views she has expressed recently on Twitter are not in keeping with the standards we set at The Age.'

And what she said is vanilla compared to what he said.

Ah no they can't. Nobody can if they are representing a prominent business. Point in case below.

And what she said is vanilla compared to what he said.

Oh, I thought you were talking in regards to war or Anzac Day... The dominate paradigm is very right wing. Bombing people, stupid laws etc. Hence I couldn't think of an example, of what a right wing turd, would not e allowed to say.

I should have guessed you were lacking tact. How does saying a certain girl or women said have sexual intercourse make it a right wing point of view. Strange, off topic twist in the tail there

Oh, I thought you were talking in regards to war or Anzac Day

The dominate paradigm is very right wing. Bombing people, stupid laws etc.

It's left and right. Don't pretend it's simply the domain of the right.

I should have guessed you were lacking tact. How does saying a certain girl or women said have sexual intercourse make it a right wing point of view. Strange, off topic twist in the tail there

Ah I never said it was a right wing point of view. I simply provided an example of someone being fired because of social media and they didn't adhere to the standards their employer holds.

It's left and right. Don't pretend it's simply the domain of the right.

Ah I never said it was a right wing point of view. I simply provided an example of someone being fired because of social media and they didn't adhere to the standards their employer holds.

Not many commie nation states in the west.

Even china has got maccas

It's pretty 'right'

Remembering the summary execution, widespread rape and theft committed by these 'brave' Anzacs in Egypt, Palestine and Japan," he wrote to his 30,000 followers."Not forgetting that the largest single-day terrorist attacks in history were committed by this nation & their allies in Hiroshima & Nagasaki."

http://www.smh.com.au/national/sbs-.../2014-social_traffic-all-postprom-nnn-ebaby-o

That's what he said.

Poor bloke got fired by a republican.

Communications Minister Malcolm Turnbull took the unusual step of criticising the presenter on Twitter.
"Difficult to think of more offensive or inappropriate comments," Mr Turnbull tweeted.
"Despicable remarks which deserve to be condemned."

It's like a left wing version of the right wing ****silly people who say all Muslims are terrorists.
Yep. Fair analogy IMO.

They had very little conception of fighting for freedom. Plenty were 15-18. That's not the prime 'fighting for freedom' age.

As for the 2nd part, we've continued following empire friends into war. Nothing has changed.

Yep. Fair analogy IMO.

And when I say fair analogy, it's true that many over there were shocking people because, well, it was a big group of people.

Other than that, his points about selective memory about the atrocities committed by the West is spot on.

I don't think this country is mature enough to have a reasoned debate about anzac. It gets drowned about by nationalist jingoism.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back