Apologies for shooting Bambi

Remove this Banner Ad

ChesterTreasure

Club Legend
Nov 11, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
Is there any chance that Matthew Richardson might have an objective view regarding anything to do with Richmond anytime this century?

And as for calling the Eagles fans disgraceful on Friday night, perhaps he might want to give his own toilet bowl a scrub before he starts turning his nose up at the stains in ours.

I think anyone would agree those blokes approaching Vickery were a disgrace. However I think all footy club fan bases are basically the same and all have the feral element.

WC fans have copped a fair baking over the last few years but I've never had an issue with them and never miss an away derby and occasionally go to a non derby WC game.

They're an easy target.

What did Richo say that upset you?

Some West Coast supporters channelling disappointment at their own team's inadequacies elsewhere. Anywhere.

He might have said more later but the main things I got from Richo was that he was copping an absolute earful simply because he's a past Richmond player. And if he is then he's allowed to report that as part of his boundary duties.

The West Coast crowd going troppo was part of the enjoyment of the Vickery incident. Spiced up a dull game.

What did Richo say that upset you?

Some West Coast supporters channelling disappointment at their own team's inadequacies elsewhere. Anywhere.
"Channelling disappointment at our team's inadequacy". Hardly.

We were angry that one of our players was punched in the face and knocked out.

The West Coast crowd going troppo was part of the enjoyment of the Vickery incident. Spiced up a dull game.

Hardwick referred to the fans who confronted Vickery as "lunatics", but also said "It's a volatile game. It's a hard game. Every fan and every player's got the right [to say his piece]."

The only problem I saw was that they got close enough that a physical altercation was possible.

Michael-Jackson-Eating-Popcorn.gif

"Channelling disappointment at our team's inadequacy". Hardly.

We were angry that one of our players was punched in the face and knocked out.

You had half a game to square the ledger, if not by preventing Vickery from walking off the ground, then at least avenging Cox on the scoreboard in front of a home crowd baying for blood and against an opponent known for mental weakness. Two days later one of your supporters starts a thread based on some vague affront that Richo may or may not have perpetrated. Deflection.

B
Is there any chance that Matthew Richardson might have an objective view regarding anything to do with Richmond anytime this century?

And as for calling the Eagles fans disgraceful on Friday night, perhaps he might want to give his own toilet bowl a scrub before he starts turning his nose up at the stains in ours.
BOOO!!!!! o_O:drunk::cry::oops::straining:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Boooooo.

to be fair richo labelled west coast fans a disgrace after that jobe game last year too. I thought he was justified then. but in this case yes Richo is wearing his colors. I thought west coast fans anger was more than justified...

You had half a game to square the ledger, if not by preventing Vickery from walking off the ground, then at least avenging Cox on the scoreboard in front of a home crowd baying for blood and against an opponent known for mental weakness. Two days later one of your supporters starts a thread based on some vague affront that Richo may or may not have perpetrated. Deflection.
What the * does the first part have to do with anything? You were talking shout the supporters, not the players. Speaking of deflection..

so you think it was worth creating a 4th thread about where we are at, on the front page of the main board? There are enough threads about how s**t we are, talking about a different aspect of what happened is not deflection.

What the **** does the first part have to do with anything? You were talking shout the supporters, not the players. Speaking of deflection..

so you think it was worth creating a 4th thread about where we are at, on the front page of the main board? There are enough threads about how s**t we are, talking about a different aspect of what happened is not deflection.

Need help here as the OP was all over the place and not related to the thread title. Specifically, what did Richo say that was less than objective?

Need help here as the OP was all over the place and not related to the thread title. Specifically, what did Richo say that was less than objective?
Geez, I haven't bloody read it either. Too indecipherable. But I was arguing the point that us Eagles supporters are not deflecting away from how s**t we are at all.

to be fair richo labelled west coast fans a disgrace after that jobe game last year too. I thought he was justified then. but in this case yes Richo is wearing his colors. I thought west coast fans anger was more than justified...
Their anger was justified, but if Richo is getting verballed in the crowd for doing his job just because he's a Richmond man that's a bit harsh. If it's just some passionate abuse that's fine. If it's personal crossing the line stuff about him or his family and truly 'feral' he can bring it up in the broadcast. As I said before it was great to hear Richo was copping it and that the fans were right in to him.

i dont mind the supporters going up to vickery and giving him a spray. as long as they dont touch him or vilify him, who cares? good to have some passion in the game

as for the stuff directed at richo on game day. thats pathetic and wrong. bloke did nothing to deserve it. wasnt playing either. not the first time its happened either. saints staff have had to report a few eagles supporters for doing it, each year.

Booing Jobe was just as warranted as booing Tyrone

I think anyone would agree those blokes approaching Vickery were a disgrace. However I think all footy club fan bases are basically the same and all have the feral element.

WC fans have copped a fair baking over the last few years but I've never had an issue with them and never miss an away derby and occasionally go to a non derby WC game.

They're an easy target.

They're an easy target.

I don't.
It's s**t that they can get so close but I have no issues with spectators yelling at a player who knocked out one of your own.

No bottles thrown, no spitting and just yelling. The only issue was how close they got to Tyrone- which is a stadium design issue.

I also have no problem with Richo's comments. He's obviously going to try and defend his club. Cotchin's comments about the incident giving 'Richmond a mental edge which helped them win' were pretty poor though.

Arguably disrespectful to Richmond because the incident had nothing to do with why Richmond beat us.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back