Collingwood apologise for booing

Remove this Banner Ad

Hmm….so a coach is asked ‘What did you think about the boo’ing of Buddy’

Whats he supposed to say, ‘Who’s Buddy?’.😆😆

Man, Id hate to see you if he really cut loose and pointed the finger….you’d go blue! 😆😆😆

Nah…I refer back to my earlier post….you’re distinctly paranoid.

Me and the rest of society but not you it seems.

Whole Collingwood hierarchy captain coach, media, 90% of the social boards all got the inference.
But nah not you. You know he was just saying why boo bud for no reason.

PieLebo87

Hall of Famer
Veteran A Star Wars Fan 10k Posts Cake Connoisseur
Sep 14, 2005
Collingwood apologise for booing of Swans great Franklin — The Age

This is disappointing to see.

Our great game is a game. Spectators go there to enjoy a sport and be a part of the theatrics of the game.

Booing is a part of the theatrics of the game.

Anyone booing an AFL player because of their race deserves to be kicked out and to never watch another AFL game again, but surely this is just weak by the Collingwood FC to be issuing an apology for Buddy getting booed when they were booing Papley in the same game, against the same opposition that booed Ginnivan less than 12 months ago.

I’m not arguing for or against booing, and I’m personally not that vocal whenever I attend footy games, but surely this sort of action is only going to spur on the masses to take it to another level.

Whether it’s JHF, Buddy or Papley, it’s going to continue. Buckley used to get booed a lot when he was playing, so it’s not something new, and it certainly wasn’t racially motivated yesterday IMO.

What are your thoughts on the Pies apologising?

I can understand after the Goodes saga them wanting to get on the front foot but it's unnecessary.

Franklin has been booed by various opposition fans over the years, never really consistently and I assume for 99% of fans it's nothing to do with race, and just because he's a good player who plays with a bit of physicality and passion.

Last edited:

Absolutely pathetic by Sydney to sook it up and Collingwood are just as bad with a ridiculously soft apology. They are trying to improve their image, but we all see through it.
Fans can boo if they like. It’s entertainment, a game, theatre. People can kiss his boots and clap him off in his last game.
Pies fans are feral yes, but passionate and loud, try to intimidate. It all adds to the day, Booing lol who cares?
Tom Harley said Buddy wasn’t worried about it all but decided to complain anyway.
Both clubs can get in the bin.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What the *? People are allowed to barrack however they want. Who cares as long as its not racist or discriminator (and I don't see why it would be)?

You don't think it's a pattern with Goodes, JHF and Franklin? Are there any white guys being booed en masse like that?

Papley was the guy who beat you last season. Booing him is obvious.

No one can give a good reason why Collingwood fans were booing Buddy. Hence needing to get out on the front foot about it.
I have a massive level of respect for what Buddy has achieved in our game, but the guy is less than innocent and has been prone to the random act of thuggery with an air of arrogance about himself, I can completely see why he would’ve been booed yesterday, or in general.

Still a bloody legend of the game though and deserves more respect. In saying that, if there are fans out there that choose to boo, that’s their prerogative.

You don't think it's a pattern with Goodes, JHF and Franklin? Are there any white guys being booed en masse like that?
Yes, Jason Horne-Francis.

Try actually watching football instead of just showing up for social debates bro.

[Edit] I missed JHF.
Are you dumb enough to believe he's being booed for his skin color?

So a club is apologising on behalf of people it doesn’t even know? Why? I mean you get the front page of the HS brownie points….oh.
It’s confusing because it’s clearly only going to backfire on the CFC. Do they really think their booing fans were just going to stop now? 😂

I have a massive level of respect for what Buddy has achieved in our game, but the guy is less than innocent and has been prone to the random act of thuggery with an air of arrogance about himself, I can completely see why he would’ve been booed yesterday, or in general.

Still a bloody legend of the game though and deserves more respect. In saying that, if there are fans out there that choose to boo, that’s their prerogative.
There's plenty of players with longer rap sheets than Buddy that Collingwood don't boo.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back