ARE CHELSEA the new Force in Div one

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Are you the same Keefy that raids the bins down at Hurlingham Park looking for food? Some memorable memories of Keefy after the 2004 premiership victory.

Are you the same Keefy that raids the bins down at Hurlingham Park looking for food? Some memorable memories of Keefy after the 2004 premiership victory.

Memories tend to be memorable hence the name ;)

I think anyone can be a force in the SFL, just get a decent challenger, spend a little bit extra and there you have it.

St Pauls, Cheltenham, Mordialloc could all be a force, if they spent more.

Come on mate. This has to be one of the worst thread opening posts going round. Similar to that of the koach... If you are going to go to the effort of making a new post at least give a paragraph with an opinion or some sort of reasoning to why you've said it, instead of those dumb little smiley faces.

Get some real footy debate going, I reckon it is a great topic, and having no idea of the goings on of Chelsea heights I'm interested in what people have to say.

Cheers

Keefy

I think they are going to recruit pretty hard. Have it on good authority that Fitcher (Edi/Asp) has already signed there and they will get a few more Edi/Asp boys for sure. Were they that far off the mark this year?

Mate i can assure you i am not the koach or any other person i have been linked to.
But i just get the feeling City are getting a little nervous about Chelsea.
So i thought i would ask the people of the forum.
No big deal...
Do you think is it real that forex expert

Nervous, why? Excited , no doubt.

Chelsea obviously realise there not far away from flag material, hence the big signing of Smith and also some edi asp blokes as well. they've spent alot last year and looks like another spend up this year?

I mean they beat an undrmanned st pauls in the prelim and lost the granny by 7 goals, so they have to find 6-10 goals improvement.

I know from speaking to some stpauls people they are seething at there finals exit and will bounce back hard this year.

Not sure how we will go, we have to balance bringing thru the kids as well as winning, could be a year of transition

only makes the comp stronger

Nervous, why? Excited , no doubt.

Chelsea obviously realise there not far away from flag material, hence the big signing of Smith and also some edi asp blokes as well. they've spent alot last year and looks like another spend up this year?

I mean they beat an undrmanned st pauls in the prelim and lost the granny by 7 goals, so they have to find 6-10 goals improvement.

I know from speaking to some stpauls people they are seething at there finals exit and will bounce back hard this year.

Not sure how we will go, we have to balance bringing thru the kids as well as winning, could be a year of transition

only makes the comp stronger

They would need improve a bit in my opinion. I watched the Grand Final from an unbiased point of view and thought Chelsea played very well and St Kilda City not quite at their best but they still managed to win by 7 goals when they trailed by 20 points half way through the 3rd. Once Chelsea realesed it was out of reach i'm sure they went flat and the Saints marched on. Both sides are very good and the game was very quick and good to watch, if Chelsea are adding to their current list they should be around the mark you would think:thumbsu:

Well from what i am hearing the SFL might be in for one of the most open
Seasons in ages St Pauls are spending bigger next year as is Chelsea and
my mail is Dingley are adding a few to their list from VFL noble and the Napean league.... if all this is true the SFL should rise a cog or two.
And maybe Richards money might not get him over the line next year...

Let me re word it for you,

The top clubs other than stkilda city have come out of the closet and openly admitted to paying players, they now realise they have to up the ante and generate more money and spend more money, rather than being conservative like previous years,

PS Richards money as you like to call it, didnt get him over the line in 2008?
just for your info Richard wouldnt be in our top 3 sponsors, so work it out from there thats a fact

rumour is that edi asp are 60 grand in debt and cant afford to pay alot of players for next year. if true there is a real opportunity to pick up some star recruits for next season

Listen stop getting so defensive about your Pal Richard
he is a big boy and has created this Money man tag all by himself.
I really dont care how your club works i say good luck.

You were not the first club to start this $$ thing in the SFL and you wont be the last.

As the current trend setter you are an easy target.
You dont need to prove jack to anybody on here but please stop the Richard protection thing it makes you look very sad.....
You are doing the best job anybody has done in this league EVER.
Keep up the good work and relax a bit..

True , the richard argument is never won or lost, and im not defensive about it and he doesnt need protecting, more disappointed that the other sponsors we have like Smiths stoneworks,clearwatercarwash,white bar,ridders fresh & stkilda village traders dont get the credit they deserve and actually contribute more than richard in cash terms.
I guess Im trying to get the message across that it takes alot of sponsors to do what we do.
all good things come to an end for many reasons and we will keep it going for as long as we can!
Chelsea Heights must have some good sponsors & good luck to them

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yo will find lads that Bruce Matheson (the pokie king) used to tip in a fair bit down there. Not sure if this has been the case over the past few years but with the sudden spike in spending/recruiting, it leads me to believe that he may well be back.

Whoever it is must be a terrible bloke for throwing money into a local footy club.LOL:thumbsu:
I can tell you its taken alot of pressure of the city coach!!!!!!!!!!:eek:

I can verify its Paul Wheatley recently delisted Melbourne player who has signed at St pauls and will be employedby Merkon(Major Sponsor)

Whoever it is must be a terrible bloke for throwing money into a local footy club.LOL:thumbsu:
I can tell you its taken alot of pressure of the city coach!!!!!!!!!!:eek:

I can verify its Paul Wheatley recently delisted Melbourne player who has signed at St pauls and will be employedby Merkon(Major Sponsor)

City will be stuffed next year as the $$$ wont get you over the line...
Maybe you might need someone that understands footy time to go see your mate Cucky.....

Maybe you might need someone that understands footy time to go see your mate Cucky.....

Fitcher and Rhett Moor both definitely signed at Chelsea Heights with a few more to come from Edi-Asp.

From reading the MPNFL site, apparently Matthew Whelan (ex. Melbourne) has signed at Pines but asked for 18k just to play at Springy Districts (non coaching role.).....alot of kanga!

Wonder if they will be able to keep their current list in tact at the Heights or these blokes are coming in as replacements for those leaving...

Cant win it every year Veiw, good to see Chelsea putting together a super team and St Pauls going for broke after a dismal finals series.

I'd liked to be as stuffed as we are seeing we've only played in 5 grand finals for 3 flags in divvy one this decade.

The clubs who will suffer are Cheltenham, Mordy,Dingley because if stpauls and Chelsea keep spending they have no hope.

Whos cucky?

Yeah Clint is a great bloke , have never played with him just against him , but he has always been a great footy player with a great footy brain , so i would back him to go well !!

Yeah Clint is a great bloke , have never played with him just against him , but he has always been a great footy player with a great footy brain , so i would back him to go well !!

Nice. Thanks Cntfarm. Hopefully he can bring us back up the ladder a bit. Was a bit dissappointed that Hughesy moved on as he was a really good coach but as long as Clint is a good guy and is footy smart it should be ok!

I think the issue of my money is very overplayed by people who want any excuse to dimish what a great job of recruiting and money raising that St Kilda City do. I have sponsered St Kilda City for 2007, 2008 on a lot less than anyone will ever believe. As for 2009 I think I tipped in less than $5,000. I do not get paid for coaching (money saved by the club to pay other players) and appreciate the chance to learn about coaching in SFL Div 1. I have always loved local footy and agree that the best leagues like EDL, VAFA and SFL are paying way too much for players, but that is the FREE MARKET. As for MPNFL etc and their point system, this has diminished their league standard and will continue to erode over time. Finally I would like to say that the SFL should be proud that now players from AFL, VFL and other leagues actually find us attractive to play for. Go back 2-5 years and the SFL was a joke. To all the teams in 2010 give it a real hot go and lets make it a great year.

"Some1udontknow likes this"

I think the issue of my money is very overplayed by people who want any excuse to dimish what a great job of recruiting and money raising that St Kilda City do. I have sponsered St Kilda City for 2007, 2008 on a lot less than anyone will ever believe. As for 2009 I think I tipped in less than $5,000. I do not get paid for coaching (money saved by the club to pay other players) and appreciate the chance to learn about coaching in SFL Div 1. I have always loved local footy and agree that the best leagues like EDL, VAFA and SFL are paying way too much for players, but that is the FREE MARKET. As for MPNFL etc and their point system, this has diminished their league standard and will continue to erode over time. Finally I would like to say that the SFL should be proud that now players from AFL, VFL and other leagues actually find us attractive to play for. Go back 2-5 years and the SFL was a joke. To all the teams in 2010 give it a real hot go and lets make it a great year.

Dont no if i agree about the standard of the MPNFL comment, i saw the edi grandfinal, very good standard better than SFL, and the casey cardinia is very good also. I think SFL is slowly catching up to there standard but we only have 3 decent teams in our comp that would compete in there league. MPNFL have 10 very strong sides,edi,seaford,frankston,mount eliza mornington,sorrento,rye,dromana,pakenham,narre warren,doveton, the list goes on. MPNFL have 3 leagues that are all strong, SFL has divy 1 and only 3-4 good sides. I can think of 10 AFL players playing in nepean comp, so the points system still allows for ex AFL players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back