ARE CHELSEA the new Force in Div one

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dont no if i agree about the standard of the MPNFL comment, i saw the edi grandfinal, very good standard better than SFL, and the casey cardinia is very good also. I think SFL is slowly catching up to there standard but we only have 3 decent teams in our comp that would compete in there league. MPNFL have 10 very strong sides,edi,seaford,frankston,mount eliza mornington,sorrento,rye,dromana,pakenham,narre warren,doveton, the list goes on. MPNFL have 3 leagues that are all strong, SFL has divy 1 and only 3-4 good sides. I can think of 10 AFL players playing in nepean comp, so the points system still allows for ex AFL players.

I can guarantee the SFL is improving rapidly and is the equal of any MPNFL comp, they have a bigger competition and have the unfortunate restriction of a points system, that encourages good players to play elsewhere, Seaford have won 3 in row and will win a 4th and by the luck of the draw have found a way around the system, we played them in 2 praccy games and we won & lost one. I believe MPNFL is overated and EDI Asp would have finished top 4 in Southern yet made GF in MPNFL?

I can guarantee the SFL is improving rapidly and is the equal of any MPNFL comp, they have a bigger competition and have the unfortunate restriction of a points system, that encourages good players to play elsewhere, Seaford have won 3 in row and will win a 4th and by the luck of the draw have found a way around the system, we played them in 2 praccy games and we won & lost one. I believe MPNFL is overated and EDI Asp would have finished top 4 in Southern yet made GF in MPNFL?

What did Seaford do and how did they manage this?

I wouldn't say he obliterated Roy tactically. There wasn't many specific moves that won the game for St Kilda City it was the players efforts more so than anything.

A tactical obliteration would be Sheppo vs Richard in 2008 grand final.

Rodgo on Mimo, Prew on Cassett etc, winning matchups all over the field.

I think 2007 was nearly alineball draw, with Richard getting walker on to cooke probably won us the game and pushing dimachki on to dessent

No doubt he coached well, everything shep did worked and the conditions suited his game plan, I believe our learnings from 2008 were the reason 2009 went so well.

The funny thing thats been missed from 2008 is we still had plenty of scoring chances in the last qtr to win the game but couldnt convert.
But for 90% of the day st pauls played the conditions better,
No doubt our overconfidence and the send offs played a part as well

I disagree with 2009, it was obvious who we targeted and what our aim was, but he lack of reaction or coaching was the surprise

I wouldn't say he obliterated Roy tactically. There wasn't many specific moves that won the game for St Kilda City it was the players efforts more so than anything.

A tactical obliteration would be Sheppo vs Richard in 2008 grand final.

Rodgo on Mimo, Prew on Cassett etc, winning matchups all over the field.
sheppard had some funny posters on the walls in the rooms in 07

sheppard had some funny posters on the walls in the rooms in 07

Sheppo has had some good gimmicks. I remember in 2005, we were 6-0, and had just knocked over Balwyn and City. We played St Pauls at home and on the Thursday night, he gave each of his players a Cherry Ripe as he said we were 'Cherry Ripe' to be knocked off!
They beat us by about 5 goals, so i guess it worked!

Sheppo has had some good gimmicks. I remember in 2005, we were 6-0, and had just knocked over Balwyn and City. We played St Pauls at home and on the Thursday night, he gave each of his players a Cherry Ripe as he said we were 'Cherry Ripe' to be knocked off!

Bit hard to knock us off we were in division 2?

You are probably right that if I wanted $$$ some clubs would say no, even maybe City. as for buying a coach position, there were other clubs in Div 1 that wanted my money and offered me the coaching position or shared coaching role. How many coaches really win premierships without money and good players. All I know is that I will continue to learn to coach and maybe after another 5 years I might actually be able to coach.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Back to Back you are boring us with constant dribble.
You have had a 10 goal better side than any team in the last 3 years.
The fact is you struggled to win all games.

in 3 years yes you won 2 flags but you should of had 3 easily.
But poor coaching cost you 1 flag and talent got you over the line in the other 2.
So stop boring us with your Richard rant he is a 2nd rate coach at best.
But who needs a coach when you have players...

Good luck to your club but you are convincing no one here about Richard.
And the more you post the more pathetic you get.
Going on about 2008 as if you had a chance to win that game.
You were beaten because the clowns on the sidelines had no answers.
And your players had no heart on the day.
Stop going on about send offs wind ect...
You sound like a sook.

Do you think is it real that forex expert
Your stats are amazing, 2 out of 3 flags and St Pauls won by 15 pts in the third. Why not just admit that St Pauls and Sheppard were great in 2008. A bit of realism would be nice.

I reckon shepps been eating plenty of cherry ripes!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back