Are North the only team making up the numbers in the finals?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Clearly certain teams match up better against others, I dare say Hawthorn would be worried about playing us.. they have been our bunnies of late.

Adelaide are playing some excellent football.
But have they peaked too early?

Don't think so I think they'll continue on with their form which has been awesome. They're the team in the bottom half of the 8 I'd be most concerned about facing.

Maybe wait till finals before declaring talls redundant.

It's a different world out there and can see the dogs getting flogged in finals for a while yet. Could see the dogs getting rolled by Melbourne at the MCG in a final.

Would take 3 mobile tall/medium talls over 3 197cm + lumbering marking forwards. Too predictable.

2 mobile forwards plus 1 giant forward, Hawks forwardline is what a forward line should look like. North's resembled a basketball team on the weekend, far too easy to rebound from. Nahas was pretty poor - Is Thomas injured at the moment?

Would take 3 mobile tall/medium talls over 3 197cm + lumbering marking forwards. Too predictable.

2 mobile forwards plus 1 giant forward, Hawks forwardline is what a forward line should look like. North's resembled a basketball team on the weekend, far too easy to rebound from. Nahas was pretty poor - Is Thomas injured at the moment?

Not too sure i agree with you on this one.

I was very suprised that we were so reluctant to kick long and direct into the forward line. When we did we seemed to either take marks or give oursleves chances to crumb. I thought it may have been a directive from the coach but he said in his presser we weren't direct enough either.

If we play you again i think/hope we work harder to exploit that.

Wow, Footscray clearly played their Grand Final on Saturday.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The issue was we were to tall in defence, not the forward line.

LOL at all the Dogs, Tigers, Norf and Crows fans in here. The best you'll do is make the semi and get pumped by a top 4 side. If (and that's a massive if) you somehow make a prelim, you'll get pumped by 100 pts out west. Until you finish in the top 4, you're irrelevant sides - don't get excited...

I'll be staggered if we make a prelim. Haven't gone into a match expecting to win for most of the year.

That being said... remind me when you guys last finished in the top 4?

Pretty much.

:$

Do Tigers and North fans think they are a chance at the flag this year?
Some very small chance, yes. But the amount of travel needed eg Sydney then to WA would render that chance basically negligible.

Some very small chance, yes. But the amount of travel needed eg Sydney then to WA would render that chance basically negligible.

I really, really can't see you beating 4 good sides in a row especially if you throw in the travel required.

Any of the 5-8 teams are capable of an upset. I can't see any of them pulling off 3 of them.

I am not sure why people are being so hostile, clearly on performances alone you would have to say North are the weakest team going into finals. I genuinely believe any team in the bottom half of the 8 except for North is capable of knocking off a top 4 side.
How many teams have knocked off the 2 top teams?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back