Game Day Around The Grounds - Rnds 0 - 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Nancy Pelosi GIF by GIPHY News
Love Nancy

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Doesn't look like the sun's year despite expectations, they have talent, but probably a bit shallow and there is more missing than talent there. Bulldogs might be therabouts again. Question is their depth, usually injuries sorts out these teams with a good top and shallow bottom.

Saints look a decent side. Collingwood don't look like a finals side. The thing that made Collingwood good was their effort and the fact they adjusted to the anti-congestion rules. Now everyone plays that way which means there is nothing special about them now. The effort has dropped a little and they have no forward targets.

North look the same as last season. Enough talent to take it up to sides but not enough to beat most teams mainly because they don't have the talent and maturity to sustain it for 4 quarters. Their last quarters, as they were last year were horrendous. Freo look good at times but not great.

Hawthorn are terrible and will be fodder for any decent team looking for a percentage booster. Melbourne look ok, carried by their stars, fortunately they have a few. Still think the very best sides will have their number.

Sydney are the team to beat this year. To me they are the best team in the competition currently. Can they sustain it? What weaknesses do they have? IMO they are the best team in it currently. Essendon aren't that good but aren't that bad. Sneaky chance for finals but will probably miss out again. If they get in IMO they will be cannon fodder.

Richmond aren't looking too bad. I think if they have their core out there, there is enough top end talent to take it up to most sides and may even push for 9th. Again, teams who are carried by their top few players are usually sorted out by injuries and fatigue as the season progresses. Port, I think they are thereabouts. Not sure if they are top 4 again but they have the potential. Will be interesting this game to see how both teams finish. Will say a lot about both side's depth.

How ugly will GWS v WCE get? GWS to smack them big time and sit on top of the ladder by quite a bit after the round is done i suspect.

Richmond doing to port what they did to us. Port with heaps of the ball. Making uncharacteristic errors due to being spoilt for targets. Richmond scoring from f50 turnovers and pressure when it’s their turn.

All I hope is that WCE don't let Hogan kick too many. Charlie already has a bit of catching up to do 4 goals behind, don't need Hogan kicking 10 tonight.

Good to see Richmond with a similar level of fight against Port as they had for us.

Yze getting then up for games after that putrid start on the GC.

Puts our win into better perspective.

I think Hardwick will get that sorted, but it might take some time.

I heard the commentator say they finished 15th last year. That is ridiculous for the quality on their list.

Was a super tight season. They were playing for their best ever season until late and one of those losses came in that game they let slip and then almost stole back against us.

I'll stick with what I've said before:

Hardwick will get them playing 4 quarters at home before they succeed on the road

So many of the good interstate clubs have had a similar path. Unstoppable at home and pick up the 3 to 5 wins on the road required to push for finals and then a couple more the year after.

Brisbane did it. West Coast in their big years.

Right now they're at the 2.5 to 3 good quarters at home level

What they desperately need at the trade table this year is someone who can set the standards in and off the field. No disrespect to the likes of Noah, Matty Rowell and Touk Miller but they really haven't got a leader who's been there and done that. So pivotal in the rise of the Lions and other clubs.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back