Game Day Around The Grounds - Rnds 0 - 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Watching the games I feel we are a lot like last year early a bit clunky playing in spits and spurts -- Live at ground last week we had many opportunities to blow Richmond away but lacked that fwd connection -- watching Sydney even port feel you need half fwds small fwds that are good by foot and threaten scoreboard just having 2 or 3 players bringing defensive pressure won't cut it . Hopefully it just missing Martin motlop and Hollands ..

Watching the games I feel we are a lot like last year early a bit clunky playing in spits and spurts -- Live at ground last week we had many opportunities to blow Richmond away but lacked that fwd connection -- watching Sydney even port feel you need half fwds small fwds that are good by foot and threaten scoreboard just having 2 or 3 players bringing defensive pressure won't cut it . Hopefully it just missing Martin motlop and Hollands ..
Watching today's games, actually all the games this weekend, gave me great confidence in our season.

We will be there when the whips are cracking

As great as Sydney was they did concede 100 points. Essendon were scoring quite freely.

Richmond are under a new coach and are appropriately playing in a manner of a team with a new coach early in the year; with adrenaline. They were up by 3 goals on port before port turned the tide in the 3rd. They will start to fall away once the grind gets too hard.

Brisbane, by Zorko's admission, played their best footy in the first quarter. I reckon we psychologically damaged them coming back from 46 points. They should somewhat recover but I think losing last year's GF by under a kick, giving up a 46 point lead in the first game will cause some mental scare.

And we are still finding a way to win, just bank, those four points and move on

Port were flying early last year too mate... until they ran into us and their season derailed.

If last year has taught us anything, early form isn't as significant as being in form toward the business end of the season.

We need to bank as many wins as we can, don't care too much about how fancy they are as long as we bank the 4 points in these early games. Then once we pass the half way point of the season, that's when we want to fire on all cylinders.

The WCE are turning WA into a non-Aussie rules state.

They need they’re license taken over by the league.
It seems like they've been really bad for a long time but looking at their ladder finishes...they have only been really bad last couple of years...and they won the flag not that long ago....

2024 - (probably bottom 2)
2023 - last
2022 - 2nd last
2021 - just missed top 8
2020 - 5th
2019 - 5th
2018 - Won the flag - Finished 2nd (H&A)
2017 - 8th
2016 - 6th

What a great start to the season, Collingwood, Richmond and Essendon all lost and Carlton sitting back undefeated, enjoying it all.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Excellent to see Hogan only kicked 2 despite the Giants thumping the Weagles.

God what a depressing watch it is to see the once mighty Eagles though... They just never even look close to winning games these days

Port were flying early last year too mate... until they ran into us and their season derailed.

If last year has taught us anything, early form isn't as significant as being in form toward the business end of the season.

We need to bank as many wins as we can, don't care too much about how fancy they are as long as we bank the 4 points in these early games. Then once we pass the half way point of the season, that's when we want to fire on all cylinders.
Yep once it clicks and get a few back will be very exciting -- best users and interceptors in the back half I have seen in a Carlton side in a very long time ..

God what a depressing watch it is to see the once mighty Eagles though... They just never even look close to winning games these days
Scary part is they are yet to bottom out.

A battalion of soldiers is deep inside a South African jungle. They come to a crocodile-infested river, and the officer in charge calls for a volunteer to take a rope across the river, and tie it to an overhead branch - thus enabling the rest of the men to make it across safely. Naturally there's several howls of protest - "I'm too young to die", and "I have a wife and kids back home - they need me", among others.

Eventually a young corporal says, "OK I'll do it." He strips down to his bare essentials, takes the rope and starts swimming. To the astonishment of his onlookers, the crocodiles aren't coming anywhere near him. He gets to the other side, climbs the nearest tree and attaches the rope.

Once everyone is across safely, the corporal is an instant hero - plenty of slaps on the back, and even a call for him to be given a bravery medal. But the officer in charge is suspicious, "You got body odour, soldier?"

The young corporal smiles and says, "No sir - it's like this. I've got 'WEST COAST EAGLES FOR AFL PREMIERS 2024' tattooed on my bum, and not even a crocodile would swallow that."

The WCE are turning WA into a non-Aussie rules state.

They need they’re license taken over by the league.

They have too much power and money for the AFL to be a threat to them. Their list management let them down after their last GF and instead of rebuilding properly they hung onto their veterans for too long, the list now has too few players in their mid 20's range

Beautiful to watch, isn't it.

Being an ex West Aussie, their supporters were unbearable. You would always cop a snide remark after a loss to them. They were up for so long, they feel it's their right to play finals every year.

Tigers really didn't try too hard kept in it by Bolton's star power. Pressure rating was poor and they laid 30 odd tackles. Missed Hopper.

The Tigers now know they aren't making finals and will be going through the motions for the rest of the season. Will win a few games when their stars get on a roll.

You can see with the Roo's that they have some kind of future. A lot of really good young kids who are good footballers. Sure they have some areas where they are weak.

Cant see anything in WC's future at all though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back