Ashes 3rd test @ The WACA

Remove this Banner Ad

People are not cheering as you imply that they want the batsman to be seriously hurt, it’s more of a collective noise made that implies the batsman is under serious pressure.
Pull the other one. People were happy he got hurt.

Do you want them to boo the bowler?
No, stop being obtuse.

And if you have been involved with cricket at any serious level you would know just how often blokes get hit in the head with bounces.
Hit in the head =/= hit in a vulnerable part of the neck under the helmet.

Headed up by a captain averaging 62.

Rabada has 100 wickets in 22 games at an average of 22, the Australians quicks have a bit to prove to show they are at the same level.
Actually it's a 102 wickets in 22 Tests, at an average of 22, at the age of 22.

I miss Richie.

And speaking of batsmen...Who's the batsman with the most Test runs in 2017?

Yep, that's right...

...it's Pujara. Although Smith can pass him at the MCG and then needs to hold off Elgar (SA are playing Zimbabwe in a Boxing Day Test).

http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/en...7;spanval1=span;template=results;type=batting

Question on BBC 5 Live:
"Why dont we use the kookaburra ball in England"
We should use the Platypus in Melbourne just for laughs,
Platypus-match-ball.jpg

Quite simply put, we outplayed them over 5 days.

At 4/350+, there is no way that they should have been batting today to save the test match, so any issues with the deck for England, are only issues due to their own incompetence. They have been in decent positions in each match (admittedly the 3 seconds between the coin landing and Root speaking in Adelaide is a short period of time), but have fluffed their lines too often. The entire outfit (save for Malan, Overton and possibly Bairstow and Stoneman) have been spineless. Players are blaming coaches, coaches are blaming players, noone is taking responsibility and the tour is in grave danger of capitulation. Root can't lead his senior bowlers, Cook is giving no assistance either.

They need to drop Broad and Cook, send a genuine message to the playing group and their supporters that they are searching for answers and blokes that are not even firing a shot will be dropped.

You sound like the Joe Root press conference......

This has to be the most perceptive comment I've read from you on this forum.

Root essentially stated that his team gave it their all, however were unable to capitalise at times that mattered. His tone was one of defeat, acknowledging the difficulty of winning in Australia when some of your senior players don't perform.

Phatboy, similar to Root, appears to have acknowledged the futility in answering your posts, hence the implied tone of defeat.

And who could blame either of them. One was up against the best batsman in the world, the most promising pace trio and leading spinner in world cricket, all with exposed form. The other faced a belligerent and immature individual whose exposed form consists of inane, illogical and contradictory ramblings that demonstrate a lack of nuance or appreciation for both the English language and the game of cricket.

Quite simply put, we outplayed them over 5 days.

At 4/350+, there is no way that they should have been batting today to save the test match, so any issues with the deck for England, are only issues due to their own incompetence. They have been in decent positions in each match (admittedly the 3 seconds between the coin landing and Root speaking in Adelaide is a short period of time), but have fluffed their lines too often. The entire outfit (save for Malan, Overton and possibly Bairstow and Stoneman) have been spineless. Players are blaming coaches, coaches are blaming players, noone is taking responsibility and the tour is in grave danger of capitulation. Root can't lead his senior bowlers, Cook is giving no assistance either.

They need to drop Broad and Cook, send a genuine message to the playing group and their supporters that they are searching for answers and blokes that are not even firing a shot will be dropped.

So who are they going to replace them with looking at the current squad.Perhaps Maxi should put in a clearance to England to liven the boxing day test up,lol Sadly there is no spots left for Maxi in the last 2 tests.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think it depends on how much this has knocked them about mentally, they've been in touch at some point in every Test but have dropped their bundle. If they can put a complete performance together who knows?
Well they've dropped their bundle quite often lately - that's the third time inside 12 months, where they've made 400+, and still lost by an innings.

The Fleet Street press tomorrow will be more brutal than a Mitchell Starc yorker :).

So who are they going to replace them with looking at the current squad.Perhaps Maxi should put in a clearance to England to liven the boxing day test up,lol Sadly there is no spots left for Maxi in the last 2 tests.

Well now the Lions have left, it does leave them thin in those areas. Ball is the spare quick, and seems unlikely to be used. Crane could replace Ali in theory. Unless Bairstow goes to open and Foakes comes in, it is hard to see Cook getting dropped.

Woakes isn't going well either, but their thin squad and the early dropping of Ball has left them in an unenviable position.

So it was once a cricket ground.. I'll give you that

Now it is a multipurpose large stadia - that is used for cricket intermittently over a 6 week period.

I am not saying that is bad... but the whole "legend of the G" is nauseating
Wow. Keep your envy in check mate.

So that's 8 losses in a row for England on Australian soil, which is pretty damning. Can they stop it becoming 10?????

Pretty damning. And while we've been pretty bad in the years after legends retired it's a credit that we haven't been white washed over there even as massive underdogs at times.

I think we are a genuine chance in 2019, and I haven't said that since 2005.

Pretty damning. And while we've been pretty bad in the years after legends retired it's a credit that we haven't been white washed over there even as massive underdogs at times.

I think we are a genuine chance in 2019, and I haven't said that since 2005.
If we're fielding something like the same bowling attack that we have at the moment we're a huge chance. Right now that's pretty much the difference between the two teams.

I thought Malan seemed to hold his own when called on to bowl, and was acknowledged by Smith as being difficult to get away.

With this in mind England may wish to select Foakes to take the gloves, push Bairstow up the order and leave the spinning duties up to Malan and Root.

Ali is either injured, horribly out of form, or overrated. Either way, he isn't offering runs, nor is he offering a wicket-taking threat. This may change for the 5th test, depending on the wicket and the willingness of sides to play 2 spinners, however a case for change can be made for the Boxing Day test.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back