Official Club Stuff Ask GCFC Digital. Be respectful and appreciative

Remove this Banner Ad

You gotta love Maysie. Just wears his heart on his sleeve and doesn't talk crap.

I feel like a dickhead for ever suggesting he may become trade bait.

As long as he does not get one game, as SUB, coming on halfway through the last

Agreed. Jeremy has certainly done all that has been asked of him by the club's development staff, and has shown great improvement in the reserve's side. He is the best runner at the club, having blitz nearly every 2km in the pre-season testings, so is fitness levels are elite.

With confidence under his belt, Jezza could be ready to seize his opportunity at the top level.

It's my pleasure to announce GCFC Official will now be a presence on our board. :)

This account is affiliated with the club. Feel free to ask him any questions you like. They are not obliged to respond to everyone, or even at all, but hopefully they can give us some sneaky inside word before stuff is published on the website! Or answer any questions we have about the players or Coaches.

Try to hold off on contract questions, as we all know they won't be answered. ;)

Make sure to make him feel very welcome. :D
Just here to tell my story..My wife and 2 children are Suns crazy,we moved from the Gold Coast 5 yrs ago to seek medical treatment/surgeries for my son who has Marfan Syndrome. .a true hero and fighter he is BUT, I am an Essendon member who has been let down by a legend of our club,embarrassed and been made a laughing stock of the AFL. NOW I Love watching the Suns play and love the players etc. IS there a chance I would be Welcomed to Your club as a Member/Supporter?..cheers

Just here to tell my story..My wife and 2 children are Suns crazy,we moved from the Gold Coast 5 yrs ago to seek medical treatment/surgeries for my son who has Marfan Syndrome. .a true hero and fighter he is BUT, I am an Essendon member who has been let down by a legend of our club,embarrassed and been made a laughing stock of the AFL. NOW I Love watching the Suns play and love the players etc. IS there a chance I would be Welcomed to Your club as a Member/Supporter?..cheers

Bloody oath you would be mate. All welcome here!

I wish you, your son and the rest of your family the best. Should get him to some games :)

I think you'll find you will be welcomed with open arms mate. The Suns are very giving to their supporters and if there was ever a time to start supporting them, now would be it. The supporters are also very welcoming.

All the best for your son and family. Perhaps GCFC Official could organise something nice for your son as an official way to welcome you to the club.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hey GCFC Official, is Martin a genuine chance to return for the Geelong game?

Sorry mate, I mustn't of saw this post come through last week - obviously don't need to tell you the answer now!

There a few players on the cusp of selection though - Jesse Lonergan is beginning to press hard for a senior call-up, while Tom Murphy and Jeremy Taylor continue to be consistent performers through the NEAFL.

Seany Lemmens and Clay Cameron have already had a taste so far this year, and daresay will be hungry to get back!

Guys do you have a list Suns fans on Twitter or FB..would love to connect!...Cheers

Not a bad idea mate - if everyone could post their Twitter handle in this thread (and any others you know) and we'll start up a list so that SUNS fans can start connecting more.

Prog Rocker - you can follow myself @kieronturner and GCFC Official @seantobin_gcfc on Twitter too, we provide a few updates from around the club that aren't always posted on the main account.

Hey GCFC Digital, just wanted to say I thought the 'MAKE SOME NOISE' feature on the big screen was correctly used during the Geelong game. People are starting to buy into it now and were making a lot of noise (actually lost my own voice in the third quarter haha). Anyway, it didn't quite work the first time it was used at the Swans game so I'm glad people have gotten on board now. My one criticism would be that it was played a little too late on some occasions and we missed the bounce on the big screen but obviously that is easily fixed. The Hot Streak feature is a little confusing to the people in the stands I have found just purely because people think it means the team is doing well when in fact it's individual players (I think?). They definitely add to the game day experience so I just thought I'd let you know.

Can't wait to hear how loud it is at the Collingwood game!

Not a bad idea mate - if everyone could post their Twitter handle in this thread (and any others you know) and we'll start up a list so that SUNS fans can start connecting more.

Prog Rocker - you can follow myself @kieronturner and GCFC Official @seantobin_gcfc on Twitter too, we provide a few updates from around the club that aren't always posted on the main account.
@BigRed_Smith I should be more active but I tend to forget haha.

SUNS is @Shannon_GC17

Hey GCFC Digital, just wanted to say I thought the 'MAKE SOME NOISE' feature on the big screen was correctly used during the Geelong game. People are starting to buy into it now and were making a lot of noise (actually lost my own voice in the third quarter haha). Anyway, it didn't quite work the first time it was used at the Swans game so I'm glad people have gotten on board now. My one criticism would be that it was played a little too late on some occasions and we missed the bounce on the big screen but obviously that is easily fixed. The Hot Streak feature is a little confusing to the people in the stands I have found just purely because people think it means the team is doing well when in fact it's individual players (I think?). They definitely add to the game day experience so I just thought I'd let you know.

It definitely worked this time better than the Sydney game (Helps that we were winning)

Never did have the Hot Streak thing explained...

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Hey GCFC Digital, I'm not sure if this is possible but I something I'd really like to see (and others I would imagine) is score updates from other AFL games on the big screen during Suns home games. Perhaps even completed games as well. I know you may not be able to due to contractual obligations but if there aren't any then I think it would really add to the game day experience. Also, a live ladder at three quarter time would be cool to see as well. It'd give the fans an idea of what is needed in the fourth quarter to get a certain result which I'm sure would result in a much more vocal fourth quarter.

Hey GCFC Digital, I'm not sure if this is possible but I something I'd really like to see (and others I would imagine) is score updates from other AFL games on the big screen during Suns home games. Perhaps even completed games as well. I know you may not be able to due to contractual obligations but if there aren't any then I think it would really add to the game day experience. Also, a live ladder at three quarter time would be cool to see as well. It'd give the fans an idea of what is needed in the fourth quarter to get a certain result which I'm sure would result in a much more vocal fourth quarter.

Will pass it on - not sure what's possible but I like the idea!

Agree the "MAKE SOME NOISE" thing was good and the crowd bought in, the "HEATING UP" one however simply doesn't work, its distracting and tells you little of value.

We all know that the cheer squad do the whole "HOW GOODS ***** HE'S ALL RIGHT" after each goal, perhaps some fans (pre recorded) doing it on the big screen with the crowd responding "He's all right" could be a winner GCFC Official GCFC Digital and make our fans experience unique

Will pass it on - not sure what's possible but I like the idea!
I wasn't specific enough when I said other game scores. I was alluding to showing the scores between quarters, not during a quarter. Anyway, hopefully it happens. I've been to professional sports in America and it works well there.

I think that's a great idea, actually. I've been to plenty of footy games when at half time, or between quarters, people are checking the scores on their phones, calling their friends for updates, or even asking people around them if they know of scores from other games.

It would be a nice touch to see the current results on the big-screen.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back