Australia Test squad - 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone else feel like that A) Lyon is simply keeping the seat warm until one of the second comings of Warne is ready or B) CA have invested so much time and development into Lyon over the last 3 years that they will keep persisting with him even though he has been garbage in 2014? I feel that Lyon, being a finger spinner, will always be looking over his shoulder for his career because of our rich history of leg-spin bowling. If he continues his current form in this home series surely his position will be in doubt going into the West Indies tour/ Ashes. In other words, this may be a make or break series for Lyon coming up.

I hope not, he is a better bat than bowler
His bowling is improving all the time. The big problem at the moment is the WA seamers are doing too well to give him enough to do!

He's started the Shield season well, I hope he starts to add some bigger bags to it.

His bowling is improving all the time. The big problem at the moment is the WA seamers are doing too well to give him enough to do!

He's started the Shield season well, I hope he starts to add some bigger bags to it.

So he is improving but he has the same issue- doesn't spin the ball enough. Might as well play O'Keefe, would be the same.

Just play one of the promising leg spinners- especially in England.

I think a legspinner has to be very good to get a game. How many decent ones are there in the world today?

Yasir Shah probably the only one I can think of, and he's still young in terms of Test experience. Throwing in one of the young ones we have (assuming they don't have Warne's potential) would be repeating the same mistakes we have made ever since Warne retired.

I think a legspinner has to be very good to get a game. How many decent ones are there in the world today?

Yasir Shah probably the only one I can think of, and he's still young in terms of Test experience. Throwing in one of the young ones we have (assuming they don't have Warne's potential) would be repeating the same mistakes we have made ever since Warne retired.

England make Steve Smith look like a gun bowler. I have said they need a good FC season so it is up to Boyce, Zampa, etc to get 30-40 wickets. Anything is better than what Lyon served up last series

England make Steve Smith look like a gun bowler. I have said they need a good FC season so it is up to Boyce, Zampa, etc to get 30-40 wickets. Anything is better than what Lyon served up last series
Agreed, I'd love a legspinner against England especially. Also would be good to see a big season by a couple of these young spinners.

So he is improving but he has the same issue- doesn't spin the ball enough. Might as well play O'Keefe, would be the same.

If it were up to you, you would line all of our spinners up, get them to bowl, and whoever can spin the ball the most will get a game....

If it were up to you, you would line all of our spinners up, get them to bowl, and whoever can spin the ball the most will get a game....

Well generally the best spinners turn the ball!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not really relevant to the thread, but James Pattinson was back playing for Dandenong yesterday. Not bowling yet, but did make an unbeaten 95 batting at 6.
Aiming for the Ashes in England. They say he might bowl in the last couple of BBL games, but not sure if that'll actually happen.

There is something weird about the whole SOK thing. He's obviously not "one of the boys" because it has taken him so long just to get a look in, but he comes across as a decent enough guy. Speaking to guys around the Sydney Grade traps and no one seems to have a problem with him. So I really don't know what has happened there.

It may not be anything more sinister than he's simply been pegged as a limited overs bowler. And even then, he was still stuck behind Doherty for ODIs and T20s until now.

It may not be anything more sinister than he's simply been pegged as a limited overs bowler. And even then, he was still stuck behind Doherty for ODIs and T20s until now.
He doesn't even get games for NSW in List A cricket.

Australia: Michael Clarke (c) (NSW*), Brad Haddin (vc) (NSW), Ryan Harris (QLD), Josh Hazlewood (NSW), Mitchell Johnson (WA), Nathan Lyon (NSW), Mitchell Marsh (WA), Chris Rogers (VIC), Peter Siddle (VIC), Steve Smith (NSW), David Warner (NSW), Shane Watson (NSW). *Notes subject to fitness

cricket.com.au @CricketAus · 10h10 hours ago
The #AUSvIND Test squad named this morning. @ARamseyCricket's 12-man squad prediction HERE: http://cricketa.us/1vAcT6p

Who takes Clarkes spot if he isn't fit? Hughes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back