Australian basketball.

Remove this Banner Ad

Did a quick google. Turns out he's Daryll Whites (ex lion) son. Good luck to him.

Many good judges in basketball australia think he's on par with Exum, some think he's better. He's going to be pretty bloody good pairing him playing for the boomers.

Will lead the line for a blue blood in college.

Many good judges in basketball australia think he's on par with Exum, some think he's better. He's going to be pretty bloody good pairing him playing for the boomers.

Will lead the line for a blue blood in college.
He's got White's vertical leap on him, that's for sure

Another Aussie on the rise is Brandon Brine. He was in the same AIS team as Dante Exum and playing college at the moment. He recently sent me some dunk footage, is it fair to say he's the best Australian dunker at the moment? Here's a picture and video is in the link below - last two dunks are crazy good

Interview and footage online here http://bit.ly/1MWSpt1

D

Attachments

• 11825687_717031938425567_6213841398003037714_n.jpeg
    11825687_717031938425567_6213841398003037714_n.jpeg
    21.9 KB · Views: 5
Another Aussie on the rise is Brandon Brine. He was in the same AIS team as Dante Exum and playing college at the moment. He recently sent me some dunk footage, is it fair to say he's the best Australian dunker at the moment? Here's a picture and video is in the link below - last two dunks are crazy good

Interview and footage online here http://bit.ly/1MWSpt1

D
He's no Brett Rainbow!

Our 5 star center prospect, Isaac Humphries is officially a blue blood, has reclassified and signed for the University of Kentucky for the upcoming NCAA season.

#stacked

Our 5 star center prospect, Isaac Humphries is officially a blue blood, has reclassified and signed for the University of Kentucky for the upcoming NCAA season.

#stacked
Ho-lee sheeit! Very, very..... very early days but if this group of players develop we will have an all-NBA starting 5.

PG: Exum
SG: Dellevadova or Mills
SF: Maker
PF: Simmons
C: Humphries

That is some scary height, length and defence.

Ho-lee sheeit! Very, very..... very early days but if this group of players develop we will have an all-NBA starting 5.

PG: Exum
SG: Dellevadova or Mills
SF: Maker
PF: Simmons
C: Humphries

That is some scary height, length and defence.

Simmons is the small forward/PF not Maker, Maker is 7"1.

Simmons is the small forward/PF not Maker, Maker is 7"1.

Maker may be 7'1, but from all the clips I have seen, he would not be suited to a C role at all... SF/PF sounds about right - and even then, wouldn't have the size to defensively match any of the bigger PF's in the NBA or international game. Simmon's, on the other hand, looks like he could quite comfortably take on those more frontcourt roles.

(this is based just on a range of clips, never seen a full game from either... so anyone who has might have a better opinion)

Agreed, Maker has ball handling and is developing range. He sees himself as a (very large) small forward. He has quickness and length to harass opponents on the perimeter too. Having said that it will be a great dilemma for the Boomers to choose between Maker and Simmons at SF and PF.

Makes me sad that this thread is so bare, even if I'm more a lurker. Time to kickstart it a bit. Deng Adel quietly dominating at Louisville. Just had 35pnts, 9reb, and 6 ass in an intraclub scrimmage. Looking very impressive, especially his D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agreed, Maker has ball handling and is developing range. He sees himself as a (very large) small forward. He has quickness and length to harass opponents on the perimeter too. Having said that it will be a great dilemma for the Boomers to choose between Maker and Simmons at SF and PF.
but if they are good enough, Lemanis would just develop his game and team strategy to harness the talents. (this was a hypothetical post)

Hopefully they are interchangeable. I actually see Ben at the larger forward spot. The league is going that way, with power forwards being able to grab the rebound and take it the length of the court. Ben has the versatility to play all 5 positions in spots but power forward is where he'll be best.
As for Thon, I hope he ends up a straight up center with the ability to play some 4. You are what you guard really and I don't think he can guard small forwards even though he is quick. He's been putting on weight and trying to add more physicality. Him and Humphries will give us great depth there.
I hope Deng can develop into our lock down small forward. He's a slasher with shooting ability, very strong and athletic and as I said earlier, a great defender.
There is talk that Jonah Bolden could be a one and done, perhaps even lottery pick amongst some folk. UCLA sees him has a big guard. Plan to play him at the 2 spot. 6'10, long arms, can shoot the 3 and like Ben, take the ball up the court himself.

Should be fun to follow ben's college season. Hope he delivers on the hype, he looks soo graceful on the court. Obviously needs to improve the shooting but that should come with time.

Any paid streaming services for college hoops along the lines of gametime or ballstreams?

Ballstreams I believe. Humphries looks like a bag of chips by the way not sure if he will even make the Boomers.

Ballstreams I believe. Humphries looks like a bag of chips by the way not sure if he will even make the Boomers.
He is only 17. He might even grow a bit taller. His WS is underwhelming but he has great touch and will likely grow into his body more and gain some athletism/coordination. His Kentucky combine numbers were far behind his teammates which showed he lacks some fitness but he has two years with Kentucky minimum. The talk was he was in Kentucky's 3 players with the most pro potential. He might even start this year if Skal doesn't get cleared.

I don't see him gaining athleticism, at 17/18 is when you should be bouncing out of the gym. He just looks like another 7 footer with decent touch and good hands. What sets him apart from our other big men? Will go well in College due to his size and IQ, i don't see him making the NBA on what I've seen so far.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back