Australian basketball.

Remove this Banner Ad

You don't? He's 260lbs at 17yo. Trim some of that baby fat and build a stronger fitness base and you'll see a difference. He'll never be elite though. Of course he isn't in the same realm as Maker as an athlete but not every pro is an athlete. Bogut is in the NBA and he's far from being an athlete. I don't think he'll be high lottery but he has a chance the go 1st round.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agreed. Big guys take some conditioning, imagine growing to 7 foot and 260 pounds by 17, you've got a lot of growing into your body to do. He's at a great college who will get him into lot better shape over the next two years, he'll be athletic enough.

Remember Dean Cox couldn't complete laps of the oval when he first went down to Eagles training.

And Deng just cracked scout dot com's top 15 most impactful freshman
http://www.scout.com/college/louisv...n?hootPostID=d34ae57f4d677dfc861e25afa8448653

Not only that, but at #11...... we could potentially have 3 first rounders in this current batch, although I'd say Deng and definately Humphries might be 2017.

Some are predicting Deng will lead Louisville for scoring this year as a freshman, pretty incredible.

Exum, Deng, Simmons is a pretty crazy thought down the track for Australian basketball. We could literally match the US for athletecism at a point in the future.

I think Jonah Bolden is a strong chance at being drafted 1st round also. He's developing quite similar to Ben. He's a big oversized guard with good passing, probably better outside shooting than Ben at this stage with good ball handling. Also 6'10 but much longer arms then Ben I think

I'd forgotten about Bolden. It goes to show that NBL's peak in the 90s may have some long reaching effects with all of these offspring running around.

I'd forgotten about Bolden. It goes to show that NBL's peak in the 90s may have some long reaching effects with all of these offspring running around.

Haha also makes you feel old :(

Simmons
Bolden

Heck even Tiny Pinder has a kid in the US college system.

Thought Delly was excellent--if you guys get the chance should check out the interview, I am sure they will archive it on the stations website.

Tossed in a shout out for Footy--even if he does barrack for the wrong team in my opinion. ;)

He is my son's favorite player and I am going to try to get us to a signing and see if he will take a picture with my son in his Adelaide gear--I will share that if I can get it. :)

Haha also makes you feel old :(

Simmons
Bolden

Heck even Tiny Pinder has a kid in the US college system.
Yeah, Keanu Pinder. Decommited from Nebraska recently and exploring his options. Very athletic but I'm not sure he'll be NBA. Never know though. I don't think Tiny has had too much to do with him from what I've read but may be wrong. His mother seems to be the one who pushes him. He's indigenous too. Would be pretty cool to have him be the 3rd indigenous Australian into the pros

Yeah, Keanu Pinder. Decommited from Nebraska recently and exploring his options. Very athletic but I'm not sure he'll be NBA. Never know though. I don't think Tiny has had too much to do with him from what I've read but may be wrong. His mother seems to be the one who pushes him. He's indigenous too. Would be pretty cool to have him be the 3rd indigenous Australian into the pros

Heck i'd settle for him back at the Wildcats ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah. Know he inherited his dad's hops, wonder if he also inherited the also important ability to shatter backboards :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yeah. Know he inherited his dad's hops, wonder if he also inherited the also important ability to shatter backboards :)

I'm hoping he didn't inherit his dads libido though :eek:

I think Jonah Bolden is a strong chance at being drafted 1st round also. He's developing quite similar to Ben. He's a big oversized guard with good passing, probably better outside shooting than Ben at this stage with good ball handling. Also 6'10 but much longer arms then Ben I think

Can't play this year for UCLA

If he dominates this season, watch the aus media absolutely pounce on him. I really like his attitude and he seems like a normal young guy. Any new news on the other aus players in college or HS basketball?

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back