Australian Survivor: Blood vs Water

Remove this Banner Ad

Against an ex professional cyclist who looks bigger than him? Not embarrassing in my book, I actually thought it is a contest that favours strength and that Baden was the favourite for that match up. Only Emmett was able to demonstrate sufficient speed to render the strength part obsolete (he just chose not to leave it out altogether)
Cyclists do a lot of tackling and 1v1 drills?

The exercise they did is literally one Gav would have done from juniors all the way through to the big time. Probablt thousands of times in his career and he lost to a dude that does a non contact sport.

I’d say it’s embarassing yeh.

Decent episode. Good on Brains for winning immunity. Was good for George to have an early win like that.

Good tribal. Emmett I can't see lasting long. Will rub too many up the wrong way.

It's entirely possible Gav will make the top 3 without saying a word.

The exercise they did is literally one Gav would have done from juniors all the way through to the big time. Probablt thousands of times in his career and he lost to a dude that does a non contact sport.

Strength was never Gavs strong point. Probably hasn't done any form of strength training in 15 years. Its not like he's 6 months out of an afl career.

Just realized that although there is some similarities between silent nameless beard guy and Gianluigi Buffon, that's not the Italian legend he looks most like.

That has to be Andrea Pirlo
images (17).jpeg

Last edited:
Because they are entertaining. We need players to immediately hate in the early episodes. Villains are important.
Maybe it's just me but hating people isn't my idea of entertainment. Whatever became of skill, talent, intelligent scheming, comedy...

Just realized that although there is some similarities between silent nameless beard guy and Gianluigi Buffon, that's not the Italian/Juventus legend he looks most like.

View attachment 1181755
It's Pirlo's beard on Buffon's face, 100%.

Line 1 - good point.
that said - just because Baden did a non contact sport (crashes like that caused by spectator at recent Tour De France aside) doesn't make him a pushover. His leg strength is unquestioned, he's 6 years younger and the contest is more about strength than technique imo. None of the drills Gav did would involve a single tackle lasting that long.

MMA fighter losing was embarrassing and we might just have to agree to disagree on Gav v Baden.

Just realized that although there is some similarities between silent nameless beard guy and Gianluigi Buffon, that's not the Italian legend he looks most like.

View attachment 1181755

Yeah thats pretty close.

I reckon Emmett is a dead ringer for an ex AFL player but I've had a mental blank on who it is. Reckon it was either a West Coast or Melbourne player.

Emmett is similar to George, a cocky w**ker but still entertaining to watch so I'm glad he survived rather than Janelle, probably won't last long though.

Gavin Wanganeen seems very similar to Simon Black at this stage, good at the challenges but not much else, someone like Akermanis would've been better.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Emmett is similar to George, a cocky w**ker but still entertaining to watch so I'm glad he survived rather than Janelle, probably won't last long though.
I think George is delusional and misguided but ultimately is probably a fairly harmless individual deep down. His teary eyes tonight when he was ripped into spoke volumes.

Emmett (or his edit) seems like a genuine campaigner.

I agree.

Big surprises for me in the episode were:
Chelsea (MMA) losing reward wrestle to Hayley.
Gav not voting with Simon and Emmett. Too early to know if Gav is more cluey than we think or most likely explanation for me at present is that Flick is very good at the game and sussed people's thoughts out and influenced enough people to get the vote her way - something Emmett clearly lacks - his ego (I can live with what he did in the challenge because he still got he job done) in going into a tribal seemingly not even knowing some people's names and not having talked to them and then coming out of the tribal as part of a minority vote speaks volumes for his prospects unless there is a massive wake up call response.

Flick and Shannon seeming the most switched on (on Brawn) at this stage.

Interesting that some on here are focusing on Gav not saying much but at least he's had some airtime. The guy with the beard who I assume is Benny has had practically none and I haven't even seen his name come up on screen or be called by Jono in a challenge or at tribal.
Emmet was always going to win the challenge, but what he demonstrated was his ego controls him and to the point where he completely lacks awareness that its a social game and flogs attract negative attention. He'll be nothing more than a meat shield if a smarter, more sociable player brings him along.

At the first sign of trouble Simon or Gav should flip on him and throw him under the bus if things turn on them pre merge.

Yeah thats pretty close.

I reckon Emmett is a dead ringer for an ex AFL player but I've had a mental blank on who it is. Reckon it was either a West Coast or Melbourne player.
Jesse Hogan??

0664c63fbbccbcffad22700c7885809c

George
He didn't share on what George should have done if George didn't have an alliance? Oh wait, it's survivor, maybe he should have formed an alliance!!
I think George could have done even better with that advantage than Davids idea.

David is right. The strength in that advantage was choosing who gets to stay and vote. George didn't have an alliance to leave at tribal though, so he needed to find a way to get one.

Should have told everyone about 2 hours prior to tribal what the advantage was and that he was playing it, and at least imply that he was going to save all the easy targets (Wai, Phil).

Everyone was happy because they had basically a big tribe alliance where there were enough people on the bottom (the above two + George) that noone else felt in danger. By basically removing all of the easy targets from the vote George gets to instantly fast forward the game to expose 5ish, where everyone starts to worry how high up their alliance totem pole they are.

This means all of a sudden people like Hayley, Rachel, Laura, Andrew are concerned about being vulnerable. It forces them to form sub alliances to protect each other should they get left there. The next step is that the sub alliances need to convince George to rig it in their favour, that would take the kick out of it.

George then has his pick of alliances to favour and maybe join and he can pick his target (ie. Hayley, Laura, Baden and Rachel might form a team so he send them to tribal because they promise they'll vote out Mitch). If they still want to target Wai or someone he can still give them that option.

All going well he has multiple alliances to choose from, gets rid of someone he wants not just collateral like Phil, can make his point that the tribe is not just Mitch's tribe and if he does the consultation well can even talk about how he made sure all the voices were heard (if he sacrifices Wai that could strengthen that position), and he ensures the tribe isn't just one big cluster of people loosely aligned in a vote the weak strategy that doesn't suit him. Plus he doesn't piss people off by giving them a s**t surprise that they have no control over and the person going home at least had fair warning and could have scrambled better instead of just being shat on by George like Phil was.

Whether George is capable of pulling that off, and more importantly whether anyone has settled into the game enough by day two to do that is another matter, but I think if we are looking for the perfect play that is what it looks like.

Gav not voting with Simon and Emmett. Too early to know if Gav is more cluey than we think or most likely explanation for me at present is that Flick is very good at the game and sussed people's thoughts out and influenced enough people to get the vote her way

Surely they just split it between the two physically weakest players in case Janelle had an idol.

I would have been tempted to spear tackle the cocky bastard if I was baldy
I’m watching now. I was hoping he’d spear tackle him and cause injury so much.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back