Review Autopsy vs Essendon

Remove this Banner Ad

I think you have comprehension issues. I didn't call him or his comment soft. I called a claim that Ryder is soft ridiculous.

But here's what I'm gonna do. Since just about everyone else on here seems to be able to have a decent discussion about Ryder, or anything else relating to the game - I'll have a chat to them and not you.
Can't take it, huh?

Thanks yebiga, very well explained. Is that not still blocking their jump at the ball though? Will can't get up as high as the jumpers so I imagine it would be difficult not to tunnel if he waits until he's at full speed.
If Minson has his eyes on the ball, jumps a fraction earlier than Ryder, and jumps into the space Ryder is coming into - no umpire will award a free against Minson. Its a timing issue though get it wrong and its a free or you get a knee in the ribs. Get it right and Ryder either can't reach the ball or risks over- balancing.

Minson is pretty good at it but he does have a tendency to place a stiff arm in the ruckmans space which will often appear like a crude block. In fact, Minno is very capable but he got a few wrong on the weekend.

Ryder was very important in the last. The Ryder/Heppell combination pretty much put the nail in the coffin.

FWIW, there's been no trolling by Essendon supporters in here. We'd have deleted it if there was. Opposition supporters are welcome to come and discuss the game.
There has been a slight note of condescension in some of their posts though, and it's a little annoying. I dislike being pet on the head like the little fat kid who came last in the race but "boy did he try his best".

There has been a slight note of condescension in some of their posts though, and it's a little annoying. I dislike being pet on the head like the little fat kid who came last in the race but "boy did he try his best".

Monday is not good day for us to engage in sensible discussion from anyone from that loathe sum club.
By Wednesday I might be up for it !

Just a hint in this and recent threads, most have been solid citizens, a rarity in the real world and proof that anything is possible. Generally though, these pricks would be screaming blue murder had we have got up and things on game day and forums and social media would have got much uglier. Looking forward to the inevitable winning streak we pull on these guys, I will be celebrating incredibly obnoxiously.

Just a hint in this and recent threads, most have been solid citizens, a rarity in the real world and proof that anything is possible. Generally though, these pricks would be screaming blue murder had we have got up and things on game day and forums and social media would have got much uglier. Looking forward to the inevitable winning streak we pull on these guys, I will be celebrating incredibly obnoxiously.
I remember a few years back I was working with a Bomber supporter and he was a decent if slightly dull bloke normally. Anyway we played Essendon one weekend and comfortably accounted for them by 40ish points on our way to another top four finish.

The hilarious part was that this bloke came in to work not only screaming bloody murder that they lost (by a fair margin to a quality team) but he brought in a hand written list of each particular free kick the umpires missed or gave our way incorrectly. There were honestly no words...

Cracking game by your boys. To whoever mentioned on the pre game thread about Wallis tagging Heppell, do you have this weeks tatts numbers? Good call. Hepp got hold of it early and then Wallis shut him out for two quarters. Was a real pity he got hurt, would have loved to have seen if he could have kept it up.

Good luck for the rest of the year!

On the same day that his obvious replacement does his knee. What are the odds? F*** we get the rough end of pineapple more than we should.
On a brighter note, there was a passage of play (can't remember when exactly), where Stringer showed a genuine turn of foot and explosiveness out of the middle. Had a couple of bounces too I think. The day is coming when we'll see Libba, Bonti, Stringer, Hrovat and Macrae at the centre bounce and we'll be humming.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

report says his foot got twisted.
It's a big worry the type of injury. I'm also not overly happy he ended up back on the field, I know Mitch is a competitive beast but never should have went back on :(

On the same day that his obvious replacement does his knee. What are the odds? F*** we get the rough end of pineapple more than we should.
On a brighter note, there was a passage of play (can't remember when exactly), where Stringer showed a genuine turn of foot and explosiveness out of the middle. Had a couple of bounces too I think. The day is coming when we'll see Libba, Bonti, Stringer, Hrovat and Macrae at the centre bounce and we'll be humming.

Does that vision of yours show Bonti, Macrae or Stringer in the ruck?

Exciting times ahead...

Great game guys,
I have made 1 observation about the Dogs and that is Brendan McCartney will get the absolute best out of all the talent which is on your list which in the long term will make your team really bloody competitive and after a couple of years you will really begin to see a really tough and hardened team.
You are really bloody lucky getting such a great teaching coach, looking forward to some absolute cracking games against your mob in the coming years.

Does that vision of yours show Bonti, Macrae or Stringer in the ruck?

Exciting times ahead...
:pNo but Bonts is freakishly talented enough to do it if wanted to I'd say. Those 5 in various combinations plus Hunter, Dahl, Smith (fingers x'd) and Wallis, oh yeah and Griff and Honey and..... Good times ahead.

I think your comprehension of his comment is wrong. He didn't call the comment soft, he's just disputing the fact that Ryder was called soft.

Back to the game:
- There was a hell of a lot to like from the way we played, we just weren't able to withstand the wave of pressure in the last. We needed one more goal straight after the Stringer snap to put our hands around their necks. That will come. Our kids are going to be providing us with epic highlights for years to come. Little instances during the game cost us when the pressure was on and i'm not going to point out the little individual mistakes that we made.
- Our game style when it clicks is very exciting to watch.
- Carlisle played one of the great Key Forward games i have ever seen.
Very well put, was a great game by both sides, Dogs are on the rise..

Some of your kids are gonna be top class, Bonts, Mcrae, Libba(already there) Nrovat hunter all look very exciting..

Lots of level headed discussion in here, good to see..However I found the remark about Essendon supporters not being welcome in the bulldogs social club a little disturbing..Our game is built on being able to be with other supporters have a bit of banter and go home like civil human beings who went to watch a game...People need to lighten up if they think the social club or any areas are for one team only...no room for that mentality...

What, was allowing the Dogs to go three goals up a tactical ******* masterstroke on behalf of Bomber or something?

Carlise was plucking marks out of his a-hole all game, and the only defender who is a suitable size match-up had a stinker. It isn't the coach's fault that Roughead played poorly.

Roughie didn't look fit . No jump or acceleration. Maybe Murph or Easton could have been used to at least compete at where the ball is going.

They kicked 6 of the last 7 goals of the game. It was so alike the last time we played them, where we led in the final quarter and let them run away with it. That is now four games this year we have blown late in the final quarter when it mattered

Our manning up was S**T in the last quarter, if I wasn't at risk of being carded on here, I would highlight that word so much more

Carlisle had a huge game, even the best defender in the league would not have stopped some of the things he did today. Mind you, have of his goals were easily preventable. Our effort inside the back 50 was horrible, and we did not help each other out.

There was one time in the final quarter where Carlisle got a mark on the lead 30m out, we had one guy in front of the line of the kick, and one behind. The Bulldog player in front poorly read the flight of the ball, saw it was going to go over his head slightly, stood his ground. He did not try at all to take a few steps back, and potentially get his hand on it. He was like "oh I cant get it, will hope someone behind me does" Whilst the next player who Carlise marked in front of (not the Bulldog defender chasing him behind) Also stood there, rather than run hard at it and try and get it himself

THAT, is exactly the type of stuff that S**T's me big time, there was zero passion or desire to fight for it. And who was the blonde haired guy who marked it late on top of the goal square? We had THREE people in defense, WATCHING the play

Our defenders all game spent to much time BALL WATCHING, and not worrying about where their man is, keeping with him, or looking for someone to man up on

And lets not forget our turnovers. Dahlhaus, two turnovers from two kicks from the defensive 50, turns it over by foot, comes straight back out to him, turns it over again straight away

Simple, our players got lazy when the game was on the line

Get Lake back.

I'm a bit surprised at Morris and Roughead getting the full brunt of the criticism. Morris did what he could in an awful matchup. Roughead was slow to react and got killed on a confident Carlisle, but he played a reasonable game when off him.

Austin is the one that copped a lot of my screaming. His decision making was woeful, disposal made things much harder than it should have been and too many times did he position himself poorly. When he needed to get back for support, he stood around like a stunned mullet; when he needed to stay out of it, he jumped for the ball and spoiled our other players.

Look, I can handle Morris' average game - he was forced to contend with a horrible matchup - and Roughead's average game - he's been a consistent pillar for over a year now, he has runs on the board and is still developing - but I can't handle a proven stop-gap option that will do little more than compete making these errors consistently when two young blokes are wasting away in the VFL playing great footy.

I'm over it.

Austin had more posessions than Picken and Easton and Minson and Stringer and Redpath.
Roughie has been in the wars.. he needs a rest up.
We need a Lake type player that can handle the Gorrillas .

Austin had more posessions than Picken and Easton and Minson and Stringer and Redpath.
Roughie has been in the wars.. he needs a rest up.
We need a Lake type player that can handle the Gorrillas .
And most of them were wasted. He didn't play his role effectively and when he had the ball he would find a way to make the play more difficult than it needed to be. Possessions are a poor indicator of how somebody played - especially for a key defender.

Look I'm not an Austin basher and am more than happy to have him on the list next year as insurance - but he is an insurance policy, not a starting 21 key defender in a team that wants to rise up the ladder. Talia and Roberts may make mistakes but at least we would be getting experience into them and helping them improve in the long run. Aussie is not getting much better.

If he were a solid, dependable type that offered a consistent role I would have no objections - but he doesn't. If he is to stay in the team it is by filling space, defending his man, not making a bunch of errors of skill and judgement both offensively and defensively, and granting the side a consistent structural pillar to build around. He is not doing any of these things, and I can no longer justify him getting games ahead of these young boys.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back