Ballarat Football League 2009 (part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lancefield's senior coaching job comes with the attractive remunneration package of a sack of spuds a month and 10 tonne of wood anually. Im applying.

Edwards is a great player at this level - but the facts are he was terrible in the VFL. Some country footballers can step out to another level and be good players and some cannot - Edwards is in the cannot basket.

Think you'll find Jezza made VFL team of the year one year. Quite an effort I would of thought for a person who was terrible at that level[/quote]

Lets jump off poor old jezza for a minute- did anyone see John Northey at the grand final? The skin on his face looked painful- it was dry and lifeless. It looked like he had spent a week in Sydneys dust storms before arriving at Eastern oval. Did anyone else see big heavy Rob James getting wet and eating humble pie after the unders? I did... bad eye sight and a growing waisteline wont keep the gremlins head in the premiership cup Rob.

:cool:

Think you'll find Jezza made VFL team of the year one year. Quite an effort I would of thought for a person who was terrible at that level

2's b&f - post the team of the year.

I watched the Brownlow the other night - Ablett won his first and the entire room stood and clapped. How many people stood at the henderson? How many people clapped? Next year Redan should may be hire a crowd to make him feel like a deservered winner.[/quote] I think you have been hanging out with Serge for far to long (criticising guns).
How can anyone get on here and pot a bloke that has won 4 medals in a major country league.

This is well and truly some of your worst work KA.

Think you'll find Jezza made VFL team of the year one year. Quite an effort I would of thought for a person who was terrible at that level

Lets jump off poor old jezza for a minute- did anyone see John Northey at the grand final? The skin on his face looked painful- it was dry and lifeless. It looked like he had spent a week in Sydneys dust storms before arriving at Eastern oval. Did anyone else see big heavy Rob James getting wet and eating humble pie after the unders? I did... bad eye sight and a growing waisteline wont keep the gremlins head in the premiership cup Rob.[/quote]

Did anyone see Darley win a flag on Grand final day? Oh that's right they were in another GF but once again choked in the last quarter. Great club, good culture as people in Darley are use to being losers.

Everyone is on here potting edwards but at least he stands up in the big games. Does Jordan? He stood down at full forward like a stunned mullett and when the game was to be won didn't put himself in the play. I bet Edwards wouldn't do that. Jordan is just a big fish in a little pond and doesn't have the accolades that edwards does.

Lets jump off poor old jezza for a minute- did anyone see John Northey at the grand final? The skin on his face looked painful- it was dry and lifeless. It looked like he had spent a week in Sydneys dust storms before arriving at Eastern oval. Did anyone else see big heavy Rob James getting wet and eating humble pie after the unders? I did... bad eye sight and a growing waisteline wont keep the gremlins head in the premiership cup Rob.

Did anyone see Darley win a flag on Grand final day? Oh that's right they were in another GF but once again choked in the last quarter. Great club, good culture as people in Darley are use to being losers.[/quote]

Whats better is watching a club laughing at one of their "so-called" supporters getting potted. Not laughing, actually hysterical and egging it on. Almost as funny as asking a league official about you to get the following response "he is one of the biggest fools on the planet but his work gives us cash so its funnier to take his cash and laugh behind his back". As for the Darley stuff pal, thats 2's footy and i only rock up to 2's games when its too windy for golf or i am meeting somewhere for a beer. Two's footy is like incestual pr0n, shouldnt be watched by anyone with any self respect... That loss meant less to me than losing my baby teeth but i spose atleast i got to go home the minute the game finished to where the sun shines and women dont dress up like gremlins and sit in premiership cups... You got to hand out medals to the team who seriously watched your team of 17 year old 'tough guys' choke and whats more, you got to do that in the pouring rain. BFL reps hate you, a few players i know at your club hate you and im pretty sure your reflection in the mirror does also. Fat men are prone to heart attacks- get a check up...

GO EAST GEELONG!!!!!

anyone heard anything about cheevers leaving darley... heading to Balwyn in eastern league?

Cheevers would be about the only player at Balywn without AFL experience. Doesn't Balwyn have all past AFl duds there coached by Hardford?

True that Urch is departing aswell? Becoming player coach for someone in the WRFL?

Cheevers would be about the only player at Balywn without AFL experience. Doesn't Balwyn have all past AFl duds there coached by Hardford?

True that Urch is departing aswell? Becoming player coach for someone in the WRFL?

Yeah did read that. With those 2 departing, you could buy 5-6 decent players for the money they were on.

Urch and Cheevers are gone but we have already signed Hayden Foss from St Joey's in the Geelong league, Shaun Robbins (Moroopna centre half back), Brant Dixon from Werribee and will have Lee Cox and Andy McKay on paper by next week. Coxy is away fishing and Andy wants to sign on the same night. Pretty fair swap- those two for all the others, still got $50 bucks change too- we are thinking about sponsoring a world vision kid..

Shaun Robbins has played at barooga the past 2 seasons, Older brother of Ben, He lives in mooropna though, Thats a long drive for a game of footy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Urch and Cheevers are gone but we have already signed Hayden Foss from St Joey's in the Geelong league, Shaun Robbins (Moroopna centre half back), Brant Dixon from Werribee and will have Lee Cox and Andy McKay on paper by next week. Coxy is away fishing and Andy wants to sign on the same night. Pretty fair swap- those two for all the others, still got $50 bucks change too- we are thinking about sponsoring a world vision kid..

Hard to go back to a higher league as you get older. Wont get anywhere near the same money, or be able to influence outcomes like they do up North. 45-60 goals from Cox would be a good return though.

Hard to go back to a higher league as you get older. Wont get anywhere near the same money, or be able to influence outcomes like they do up North. 45-60 goals from Cox would be a good return though.

Cox and McKay are easily up to the standard of the BFL, no question. A poster on CHFL says that Cox has been talking to East Freo after contemplating a move to WA. Does that rumour have any legs?

Cox and McKay are easily up to the standard of the BFL, no question. A poster on CHFL says that Cox has been talking to East Freo after contemplating a move to WA. Does that rumour have any legs?

Not saying they are not up to it, just mentioned they wont dominate games like they are at present. eg. Cox will not kick 100 goals in BFL. He played 3 games against Daylesford this season for a return of 2 goals. They are a team who are up to BFL standard.

Seems that sunburys younger brigade of recruits they bought in last year from the rdfl are attracting a fair ammount of attention from other clubs around the area at the moment.
Think that the money will have to go up to see these boys stay as they are getting some very attractive offers elsewhere.
Surely houlihan could cut his pay down by a third wasnt worth the $1000 a game he recieved during the year, possibly should offer his services for free after the shocking year he had.
Also hear a whisper that recently retired st kilda player jarryd allen will be offered the assistant coaches role (unsure if he will be playing though).
If this occures lock it in that surge will make a huge play for his brother to come onboard also

p.s surge you said in the paper you were only a couple of a grade players away from serving it up to the likes of redan.
at a guess i would say minimum 5.
first on your shopping list should be a ruckman, whilst sutherland was ok carriss the statue should be playing twos at best.
good ruckman will give your onballers first use of the footy something which didnt happen a lot this year.
get rid of houlihan, done and dusted lazy and it shows on the field
find someone to replace lee james in the goal square also

Shaun Robbins has played at barooga the past 2 seasons, Older brother of Ben, He lives in mooropna though, Thats a long drive for a game of footy.

Shaun Robbins, a 6 foot 3 star utility, up on the murray, will be either player-coach of Barooga or assistaint playing coach. So no hope of making the drive down to darley park.

Seems that sunburys younger brigade of recruits they bought in last year from the rdfl are attracting a fair ammount of attention from other clubs around the area at the moment.
Think that the money will have to go up to see these boys stay as they are getting some very attractive offers elsewhere.
Surely houlihan could cut his pay down by a third wasnt worth the $1000 a game he recieved during the year, possibly should offer his services for free after the shocking year he had.
Also hear a whisper that recently retired st kilda player jarryd allen will be offered the assistant coaches role (unsure if he will be playing though).
If this occures lock it in that surge will make a huge play for his brother to come onboard also

Pretty much guaranteed that Simon Clarke from Sandringham VFL side has been signed at Sunbury for next season. Very good pick-up, will dominate at this level.

Pretty much guaranteed that Simon Clarke from Sandringham VFL side has been signed at Sunbury for next season. Very good pick-up, will dominate at this level.
How will he dominate? the guy is a scared footballer- i kicked 5 on him one day at Williamstown and was just too physically strong for the guy. NEXT!
Go east Geelong

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back