Ballarat Football League 2009 (part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Confrimed gone: Cheevers, Urch, Smithwick, Travis Edwards
Maybe gone: Deckert, Young (both retired)
2's players gone: King, Clarke, J. McGrath, B. McGrath (all been offered upwards of $300 at Hepburn, not good enough to play 1's at Darley, might as well take some coin for a while, welcome back whenever they want).

Leaves heaps of cash for Nathan Brown and Adam Pattison.

Better Add a few more to the 2's Fringe players list with Both Gundrys, K.Sexton, A.Bell, T.Pteffier, D.Lea and B.Hall all heading up the Highway to play for Gordon. And J.King also speaking to them as well. Have been the throwing the cash around to a few other 2 players so there maybe a few more to leave the Devils. The last 3 aren't huge loses but will test our depth none the less.

Would these players get paid at Gordon? and would they be good players in that comp? i heard the Central Highlands was amongst the lower end comps in the state???

Would these players get paid at Gordon? and would they be good players in that comp? i heard the Central Highlands was amongst the lower end comps in the state???
There are heaps worse comps than the Central Highlands in Victoria. All will get something, some more than others. Some of those players will be good in that comp, especially J. King if he goes. Some wont even play seniors.

isnt that a bit of a contradiction, if they are all reserves players (taken from an earlier post) at Darley and King being dropped from the 1s in 1 of the early finals, how can it be a good comp if they will come in and be good players.

Confrimed gone: Cheevers, Urch, Smithwick, Travis Edwards
Maybe gone: Deckert, Young (both retired)
2's players gone: King, Clarke, J. McGrath, B. McGrath (all been offered upwards of $300 at Hepburn, not good enough to play 1's at Darley, might as well take some coin for a while, welcome back whenever they want).

Leaves heaps of cash for Nathan Brown and Adam Pattison.

Better Add a few more to the 2's Fringe players list with Both Gundrys, K.Sexton, A.Bell, T.Pteffier, D.Lea and B.Hall all heading up the Highway to play for Gordon. And J.King also speaking to them as well. Have been the throwing the cash around to a few other 2 players so there maybe a few more to leave the Devils. The last 3 aren't huge loses but will test our depth none the less.
All of them are getting paid a couple of them up to $400 a game hence why darley can do nothing to keep them.

isnt that a bit of a contradiction, if they are all reserves players (taken from an earlier post) at Darley and King being dropped from the 1s in 1 of the early finals, how can it be a good comp if they will come in and be good players.
i didnt say it was a good comp, i said its not the worst in vic

They would only get paid because Gordon are desperate and I doubt they would be much good either. From what I've seen the only 1 mentioned who would be worth it is Jarred King, maybe Bell also. The rest would struggle to get a game anywhere else but Gordon. Can't see the ones heading to Hepburn making an impact either. Can't think of many BFL 2s players who have gone to CHFL and been good players. Sam Newton probably the only 1 that comes to mind.

As for chfl being among the lower end comps, while its nowhere near Geelong O&M GV Balfl Benfl etc the top 3 or 4 would beat the bottom 3 or 4 in Ballarat. You've obviously not heard of Lexton Plains, Horsham District, Maryborough Castlemaine, Mininera etc. CHFL about middle of the pack.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Could anyone tell me about a player from the Ballarat league, Joey Morrison, I think he said he played at Sebastapol.

The boy they call DUNUTO has broke down, may not even take the field this year, it's such a somber mood around town.

Going to be a big ask for the to win without him, :( calven hassent still is a chance to debut finally, let's foreign affairs allow him to stay, after his visa trouble's last season.:thumbsu:

To the board of Melton South Football Club.
It has been brought to my attention that you have signed Brendan tyquin for season 2010. WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU THINKING.
This guy is a cancer./ Wont train, insists on only playing forward, should be able to ruck all day. Contact the previous 4 clubs in the last 5 years and ask WHY he is not still there. ****. ask him about the time he spewed in the goal square and instead of taking the mark the ball hit him on the head. Altona v Glenorden. Chargy if you are still the boss down there give me a call. Its Belly, and this bloke will ruin your/our club.

It has been brought to my attention that you have signed Brendan tyquin for season 2010. WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU THINKING.
This guy is a cancer./ Wont train, insists on only playing forward, should be able to ruck all day. Contact the previous 4 clubs in the last 5 years and ask WHY he is not still there. ****. ask him about the time he spewed in the goal square and instead of taking the mark the ball hit him on the head. Altona v Glenorden. Chargy if you are still the boss down there give me a call. Its Belly, and this bloke will ruin your/our club.
Sounds like he will fit in at South, 3/4 of the side only want to play forward.

What is happening down at South, they used to be smart with whom they recruited, has David Spriggs signed at Melton just a rumour from Geelong

A couple of good gets by sunbury rod sharpe from gisborne and jordan barham ex gisborne and just played the past couple of seasons with port adelaide in the sanfl, barham will be more than handy and having him in the side will see houlihan back were he belongs in the twos!

A couple of good gets by sunbury rod sharpe from gisborne and jordan barham ex gisborne and just played the past couple of seasons with port adelaide in the sanfl, barham will be more than handy and having him in the side will see houlihan back were he belongs in the twos!

Barham is overated who really can only play back, coz he ain't a good mark for his size, he went ordinary last year, hardly touched it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back