Bearded Clam you were right

Remove this Banner Ad

Matthew Richardson sending Keays a cease-and-desist to stop stealing his moves.

Was solid in the first half

Turned to pure, non-impactful s**t in the second, when the game needed to be won

Side isn’t going anywhere if we rely on him as much as we do now

Was solid in the first half

Turned to pure, non-impactful s**t in the second, when the game needed to be won

Side isn’t going anywhere if we rely on him as much as we do now

Keays would be a fantastic tagger / 6th man in a midfield rotation. Problem is he is 2nd in the midfield behind Laird.

I think that most believed that once we start competing for finals (seriously) Keays would be phased out due to his limitations.

In reality, we were never a chance this year. This was always a 9th to 12th season. Once we are challenging for top 4, Keays will be no where near the team.

That kick, though, was absolutely disgusting.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We increased Keays' CBA time as soon as there was a sniff of finals a few weeks back but we've conversely gotten worse since that change... Nicksy appears too thick to see that correlation though...

it's funny because the end result is that increasing his and Sloane's midfield time results in the younger guys looking worse than they are. So they get dropped and both development and performance suffers. But it's not an accident, it's deliberate, this is our club.

Keays would be a fantastic tagger / 6th man in a midfield rotation. Problem is he is 2nd in the midfield behind Laird.

He is a terrible tagger. His job on Saad didn’t stop Saad getting the ball just highlighted what a terrible defender Saad is. Kudos for him taking advantage of this but it doesn’t hide the fact that the players he supposedly tags rack up possessions

I feel like Keays is certainly a player that is a poster boy for Nicks's brand. Hard worker, poor skills, limited talent.

I appreciated what he did for us in 2020 when he was one of the few blokes having a crack. I don't ever want to see him playing midfield for us again though. I thought we had this s**t figured out at the start of the season but I underestimated how dense Nicks really is.

If only he had a right foot.
He’s actually kicked on his right about 8-9 times this season that I’ve noticed. He kicked a goal and another that fell short. He uses his non- preferred foot more than others do. The problem is he’s bad on both sides.
He’s handballing a lot more now as well. They look so awkward though

I feel like Keays is certainly a player that is a poster boy for Nicks's brand. Hard worker, poor skills, limited talent.

I appreciated what he did for us in 2020 when he was one of the few blokes having a crack. I don't ever want to see him playing midfield for us again though. I thought we had this s**t figured out at the start of the season but I underestimated how dense Nicks really is.
"I don't ever want to see him playing for us again though."

Fixed.

Has anyone “GIF’d” that Ben Keays kick yet?…

Remove this Banner Ad

Back